theunderstudy

Things that piss you off that shouldn't

The OTT wailing and screeching by some people because O2 was down for some of yesterday! 

I do feel a bit for businesses that were affected, but individuals who couldn't use data - get over it you words removed! 

• Like 2

Bought some Duck Scratchings today

should be heaven yeah combining my love of Pork Scratchings with my love of Duck

nope , disgusting do not buy  

54 minutes ago, Xela said:

The OTT wailing and screeching by some people because O2 was down for some of yesterday! 

I do feel a bit for businesses that were affected, but individuals who couldn't use data - get over it you words removed! 

In Liverpool at least it completely f***ed Uber up, I reckon most of their drivers are on Giff Gaff or Lyca :crylaugh:

We were chokka all day ✌️

48 minutes ago, tonyh29 said:

should be heaven yeah combining my love of Pork Scratchings with my love of Dick

FTFY :crylaugh:

• Haha 2

59 minutes ago, Xela said:

the world as we know it will collapse one day because of society’s reliance on technology.

4 minutes ago, a m ole said:

the world as we know it will collapse one day because of society’s reliance on technology.

There probably is some major cyber catastrophe up ahead. There are obvious serious implications for the world if the internet is screwed, but that aside, the 'social anxiety' factor will be far worse for the post millenials than, say, my generation. It would be strange, but we are familiar with a largely 'unconnected' world, having grown up without intenet, mobile phones, 24 hour TV, etc. 

• Like 1

I was walking down the street and walking towards me were four teenage lads having to shake their heads every three steps to get their silly fringes out of their eyes.  I could have put this in the cheer you up thread as I openly laughed at them, but then I'm pissed off with officially being an old fogey laughing at young people's stupid haircuts.

• Like 1

Modern cars with those indicator setups that turns the beam off when indicating.

20 hours ago, bickster said:

In Liverpool at least it completely f***ed Uber up, I reckon most of their drivers are on Giff Gaff or Lyca :crylaugh:

We were chokka all day ✌️

What’s wrong with Giff Gaff and Lyca?

Just now, chappy said:

What’s wrong with Giff Gaff and Lyca?

nothing in essence, they piggyback the O2 network so were down at the same time as O2 and as they are two of the more popular PAYG brands, Uber drivers use them as data sims on their phones because they represent good value, lots of Uber drivers couldn't work as a result

Ordered three picture frames from Wilko, home delivery.

Sadly the slow cooker and packet of four pastel paints that have been delivered today won’t be as easy to hang on my wall.

• Like 3

Christmas ads. 30 second ‘emotional’ story about an anthropomorphic animal or inspiring human with tenuous at best link to buying toilet paper, ready meals or electronic goods. Every year contriving to out do last years most sad but heart-warming at the same time piece of shit.

People actually intentionally watch these on youtube and even anticipate their release.

• Like 2

8 hours ago, a m ole said:

Christmas ads. 30 second ‘emotional’ story about an anthropomorphic animal or inspiring human with tenuous at best link to buying toilet paper, ready meals or electronic goods. Every year contriving to out do last years most sad but heart-warming at the same time piece of shit.

People actually intentionally watch these on youtube and even anticipate their release.

The Cats Protection did one where a little cat and its little girl owner were having a lovely time, then the little girl gets cancer and the cat gets lonely at home during Christmas and then the girl gets well and the cat and the owner have a lovely time again. 

I liked it and now I hate myself. 

I don’t mind a couple of the older John Lewis adverts, the one with the impatient kid waiting for Christmas, that one with the split screen of the modern day bloke and his 1920’s girlfriend. I thought as adverts go, they’re fine.

Not having this year’s retrospective look at Elton’s career.

21 hours ago, Tegis said:

Modern cars with those indicator setups that turns the beam off when indicating.

What about the new Audi style indicator which is like a quick progress bar? As if Audi drivers needed any more help being **** rocket polishers?

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, BOF said:

What about the new Audi style indicator which is like a quick progress bar? As if Audi drivers needed any more help being **** rocket polishers?

Don't worry about that. It's not like they're gonna use them much anyway 😀

• Haha 1

49 minutes ago, BOF said:

Isn't it like a £1000 extra on the car?