Things that piss you off that shouldn't

AVFCforever1991

4 hours ago, mottaloo said:

The fact that some reality show couple's split up has made the news is really yanking my chain ! Dani Dyer and her himbo other half from love island, apparently.

Who the feck gives these morons publicity ?!? Other morons, I guess 😡

and you 😉😂 Just googled it now

13 hours ago, mottaloo said:

The fact that some reality show couple's split up has made the news is really yanking my chain ! Dani Dyer and her himbo other half from love island, apparently.

Who the feck gives these morons publicity ?!? Other morons, I guess 😡

I didn't even know Dani Dyer had changed gender. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Just left the US embassy having been denied my US tourism visa on account of visiting countries on the naughty step

it gets reviewed and should get Ok’d In 30-60 days but it pisses me off as it really should just be a straight forward yep fine here’s your visa 

1 hour ago, tonyh29 said:

Just left the US embassy having been denied my US tourism visa on account of visiting countries on the naughty step

it gets reviewed and should get Ok’d In 30-60 days but it pisses me off as it really should just be a straight forward yep fine here’s your visa 

Surely your MI6 handler can sort this? :crylaugh:

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, mjmooney said:

I may get slated for this, but that bullying case with the Syrian refugee kid is completely over the top. 

Let me be clear: I loathe racism and bullying of any kind. And I believe we should show kindness and hospitality to people fleeing war zones. 

But I've seen the footage. He was pushed over and had some water poured over him. Basically, a daily occurrence among boys that age when I was at school. There are always a few little shits who like to throw their weight around at that age. It happened to me, and I can't put my hand on my heart and say I didn't do it to others. It's part of growing up. He wasn't injured in any way, it was not 'hate crime', it was not a matter for an already overstretched police force. It should have been dealt with, promptly, by the school authorities. But now we have kids threatened with a criminal record, tens of thousands of pounds being raised by crowdfunding (happy days for his parents, I guess), Americans offering to fly him out to the States for self-defence classes, and a media frenzy that I'll bet the poor kid himself finds excruciating. 

It's totally out of proportion. 

Agree with you on this MJ.

It takes the piss somewhat and like you say the crowdfunding reached well over £150k. He was pushed in the playground ffs!

Yet, We have people in the UK living homeless etc. and sod all gets done for those folk.

• Thanks 1

24 minutes ago, AvfcRigo82 said:

It takes the piss somewhat and like you say the crowdfunding reached well over £150k. He was pushed in the playground ffs!

Yet, We have people in the UK living homeless etc. and sod all gets done for those folk.

Is something stopping you doing the same? Or helping in other ways?

Just now, limpid said:

Is something stopping you doing the same? Or helping in other ways?

I have started doing bits on the homeless front Limpid since September, initially getting a better understanding of the scale first off. But I always try and do my bit for good causes.  :thumb:

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Seat68 said:

So the toerag that did a bit of amateur waterboarding. It was not just a bit of school bullying, him and his family have been found to be racist shits. The boy that was bullied had been targeted previously. This was a hate crime, it was a racist thug being a racist thug. Not playground bullying, the guy was targeted and the arsehole poured water on his face to imitate waterboarding.

The money raised is because people wanted to stick two finger up to the racist words removed that the toerag and his family support. Good on them.

Any head teacher worth their salt should be able to deal with this. Not a police job in any way. 

• Like 1

20 hours ago, Rugeley Villa said:

Why do people need all these knifes anyway?

I'm guessing you don't do much cooking, or food preparation in general?

41 minutes ago, Seat68 said:

So the toerag that did a bit of amateur waterboarding. It was not just a bit of school bullying, him and his family have been found to be racist shits. The boy that was bullied had been targeted previously. This was a hate crime, it was a racist thug being a racist thug. Not playground bullying, the guy was targeted and the arsehole poured water on his face to imitate waterboarding.

The money raised is because people wanted to stick two finger up to the racist words removed that the toerag and his family support. Good on them.

I agree. I understand what @mjmooney is saying and I probably saw worse things happen at school than that video shows in isolation, but the context and whole story surrounding it makes it a little more sickening. 

Wan't his broken arm from a previous attack too? May be mistaken.

16 minutes ago, BOF said:

I'm guessing you don't do much cooking, or food preparation in general?

Very little. I can put things in the oven and boil a bit of veg if I’m pushed, but that’s about it. I have advanced from the microwave stage though. My wife is good at cooking, and I’m brilliant at eating it. 

Edited by Rugeley Villa

Just now, Rugeley Villa said:

Very little. I can put things in the oven and boil a bit of veg if I’m pushed, but that’s about it. I have advanced from the microwave stage though. 

If you did, you'd know you need more than 1 knife.  Maybe help out the chef a little with a new set ;)

Â