Things that piss you off that shouldn't

AVFCforever1991

10 hours ago, Chindie said:

BBC news currently has 'scientists create lab grown food-pipe' as a front-page headline. I know why they've done it - they couldn't fit oesophagus in the headline space, and they're concerned nobody is going to click on it if it says a long scientific boring word. But food-pipe sets my teeth on edge.

It would fit if you silly Brits didn't add the unnecessary "o" to the beginning of the word.

Random people striking up conversations with you in restaurants/hotels.

My wife and I have come away for a few days for a 'baby moon' (leave the stress of New York) and relax in a nice spot.

Air miles have got us a few nights in the Grand Hyatt Majorca and my wife loves stuff like this. 5 star hotel, incredible breakfast spread - you can just sit there and be waited on hand and foot and enjoy the high quality.

10 mins in and America girl sits down at the table next to us, champagne in hand (it's 9:30am) obviously on her own for some conference. Starts laughing loudly at whatever she's reading on her phone and then starts trying to engage us in inane conversation.

Just f*** off and leave us alone to enjoy our own company. I'm not interested in talking to you about what you ate yesterday or other stupid small talk. Get some manners and keep yourself to yourself. Haven't you seen Downton Abbey? This is not how one behaves FFS.

I just ignore her but my wife is too kind and finds it impossible to be rude and not respond.

• Like 2

28 minutes ago, TheAuthority said:

Random people striking up conversations with you in restaurants/hotels.

My wife and I have come away for a few days for a 'baby moon' (leave the stress of New York) and relax in a nice spot.

Air miles have got us a few nights in the Grand Hyatt Majorca and my wife loves stuff like this. 5 star hotel, incredible breakfast spread - you can just sit there and be waited on hand and foot and enjoy the high quality.

10 mins in and America girl sits down at the table next to us, champagne in hand (it's 9:30am) obviously on her own for some conference. Starts laughing loudly at whatever she's reading on her phone and then starts trying to engage us in inane conversation.

Just f*** off and leave us alone to enjoy our own company. I'm not interested in talking to you about what you ate yesterday or other stupid small talk. Get some manners and keep yourself to yourself. Haven't you seen Downton Abbey? This is not how one behaves FFS.

I just ignore her but my wife is too kind and finds it impossible to be rude and not respond.

Yeah I'm the same.

Call me miserable, but if I go on holiday with my girlfriend then I'm on holiday with my girlfriend. I have no interest in making friends with other couples or anything like that :D 

blunt is the way forward.

Sorry I'm really not interested in having your vacuous idea of an interesting conversation

Done it... more than once

(person has to have crossed my irritant threshold before I change from polite to blunt but my threshold is set low)

32 minutes ago, chrisp65 said:

I used to work in the hotel industry and as a tall 18 year old male that was in fairly decent shape, offers of threesomes or just the wife were fairly common. Usually just silly flirty talk. But a number of times a genuine unambiguous offer of or request for sex. You’d see the signs and predict what was about to happen. Middle aged couple having a fairly decent drink. Once it gets late and the custom in the bar starts to thin out, wife strikes up a conversation. Then offers the options. Only once was I ever grabbed (by the crotch). Twice I was in a customer room on some spurious mission to open a stuck window or get the TV to work and there would be a ‘wardrobe malfunction’. I’ve considered starting a movement along the lines of #metoo but more sort of #areyoustillinterested?

and ... did you ever?

Kleenex having to stop using the term "man-size" to describe their extra large tissues because of the number of complaints received. 

Jesus Christ !!! How can you expect to be taken seriously in life if you go to the trouble of making this complaint ?? What next ? Are the portly in frame amongst the population going to complain about the term "extra large" ?! Should Mothercare be worried now ? Or Manchester be renamed ?

Get a f*****g life ! ?

Edited by mottaloo
  • Like 1

I can't imagine it took many complaints. It's a brand from the 50s, and it shows.

It's not something I give a shit about enough to complain about, but I can't imagine buying it. Same as Yorkie with their old tired "not for girls" good old manly, blokey branding. I find it just a bit sad and enough for me to pick a competitor.

For someone encouraging the complainers to get a life, you seem very angry about such a trivial issue. 

Edited by Davkaus
  • Like 2

The older I get, the more I do despair at milennial type imbeciles who want to get offended at meaningless shit like that, but can't be faffed with genuine issues. Maybe the former seems easier and more achievable, but it's still **** stupid. Hell even the Guardian had an editorial trying to step into the breech between the trans community and feminists over some issue no doubt involving some form of outrageous appropriation of something or other.

Sounds like handbags at dawn to me :trollface:

Why can't we all just be people?

Edited by Rodders

Â