Things that piss you off that shouldn't

AVFCforever1991

It's the daughters birthday this weekend and the missus just suggested we buy her a record player. I'm in favour of this

I said we'd need to buy her some records too

The missus just said "Can't she just have some of the ones you don't play any more"

The missus now has a cob on with me

• Haha 2

5 hours ago, Morley_crosses_to_Withe said:

You can’t go in any thread without it being runied by some pointless anti-Bruce sentiment.

Wayne Runied?

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Morley_crosses_to_Withe said:

It’s probably been said before but...on topic. 

You can’t go in any thread without it being runied by some pointless anti-Bruce sentiment. 

Take, for example, the tactics thread. It’s a chance for people to discuss tactics, which you’d think would be an insightful, interesting thread full of critique and analysis, but nah - it’s just full of crap like...”Bruce dunt du tactix lol”.

We get linked to a player and straight away you get snarky anti Bruce comments. 

It’s permeating every thread and it’s making that section of the message board unbareable. 

Please forgive me if I'm just adding to your frustration with VT posting this. I'll try and be concise.

I think there are well-reasoned opinions for and against Bruce being manager. I tried to make (perhaps poorly) an attempt to identify tactics that would add to our game in two threads recently, the Bruce Thread and the Ratings and Reactions Thread. You responded to my post in the Bruce thread in defense of Bruce and undermining the content of my post with some sarcasm (which you are totally entitled to do). I stand by what I posted in both threads.

But the reason for this post is merely to encourage you to post your own critique and analysis in support of Bruce. You made the point that we have a good team spirit and never die attitude because of two come from behind victories earlier, a good observation to base judgement on, and that you don't understand the sense of entitlement to attractive football that a lot are demanding, like its something that's always been associated with the club. I'd be interested for you to flesh out some of that and add some quality to the discussion that can turn to meaningless jibes.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, villa4europe said:

people who dont make a round of drinks in the office

theres only 3 of us in this morning and the one word removed has just made himself a cup of tea without saying a word to us other 2

dickhead

You're obviously not a very close unit then.  That just wouldn't happen where I am.  There are only 3 of us too.

13 minutes ago, BOF said:

You're obviously not a very close unit then.  That just wouldn't happen where I am.  There are only 3 of us too.

i work for a construction company, usually out on site where its not a problem, today im in the main office where its an open desk set up with people coming and going so out of the 3 of us i know the bloke who didnt make me one and i've never met the other bloke before 

the 3rd bloke is office based, does some construction IT stuff (think BIM and Revit models) he made me a drink in about 8 seconds, i'm not even sure its related to a tea, different drink i think

Just now, villa4europe said:

he made me a drink in about 8 seconds, i'm not even sure its related to a tea, different drink i think

So you've a bloke who won't make you a drink and someone whose drink you'd rather not go near.  Sounds great :D 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, villa4europe said:

people who dont make a round of drinks in the office

theres only 3 of us in this morning and the one word removed has just made himself a cup of tea without saying a word to us other 2

dickhead

There can be 15 of us in the 2 departments that share our space, like f*** am I making that many

1 minute ago, bickster said:

There can be 15 of us in the 2 departments that share our space, like f*** am I making that many

I think there's an implied cut-off point :)  Somewhere south of 15 :P  

I think 'tea round' protocol depends on (a) the number of people involved, and (b) the complexity of requirements. On my first day in one job, I offered to get drinks, and ended up with a crazy list involving tea, camomile tea, weak tea, strong tea, with milk, without milk, no sugar, one sugar, two sugars, three sugars, artificial sweeteners, black coffee, white coffee, decaf coffee, hot water... (ad nauseam). I never offered again. 

• Haha 1

10 minutes ago, BOF said:

I think there's an implied cut-off point :)  Somewhere south of 15 :P  

Not if the other department see you making a drink there isn't. Snarky comments of "Oh I see" and eyebrows are raised

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, mjmooney said:

I think 'tea round' protocol depends on (a) the number of people involved, and (b) the complexity of requirements. On my first day in one job, I offered to get drinks, and ended up with a crazy list involving tea, camomile tea, weak tea, strong tea, with milk, without milk, no sugar, one sugar, two sugars, three sugars, artificial sweeteners, black coffee, white coffee, decaf coffee, hot water... (ad nauseam). I never offered again. 

The other department put a list on the wall of everyone's requirements

3 minutes ago, bickster said:

I'd much prefer a ten minute fag break

When I had a warehouse job, I always took a ten minute fag break every hour. Even though I didn't smoke. 

4 minutes ago, bickster said:

The other department put a list on the wall of everyone's requirements

Just do this as you walk past ignoring it.

tumblr_mq6luctKP21qbo81go1_250.gif

Â