Things that piss you off that shouldn't

AVFCforever1991

19 minutes ago, bickster said:

He's a nice person but he's a bit of a manager. 

(replace manager with worrier and you get my drift) 

Oh I got your drift perfectly.  It's very good.  Which is why I won't be able to help myself :D 

• Haha 1

7 minutes ago, mjmooney said:

Reminds me of one of my favourite work quotes. Somebody was introducing one of my colleagues (who was a bit of a dick) to a third party: 

"This is Pete. He's a nice bloke until you get to know him". 

Reminds me of something I read on twitter the other day along the lines of :

Person 1 : Wow we get on so well.  I really like your personality
Person 2 : Thanks, I created it just for you.

I suppose it's a 'thing I often wonder'.  How differently we all are depending on who we're with.  Many people will say 'oh I'm the same regardless'.  But if you're honest, you're not.  You're not quite the same with your parents, your mates, your other half, people you barely know, colleagues etc.  Anyhoo, I'm drifting off topic ... which is a thing that pisses me off.  /rescued

• Like 1

I was talking about Pixar films at work the other day and soon established that the 5 people I share a bank of desks with had never heard of Pixar. That annoyed me.

This morning my brother-in-law has sent me a photo of his family on holiday and Nick Frost happens to be walking past in the background. I showed them and they have no idea who he is.

I said "From Shaun of the Dead..? With Simon Pegg..?"

"Who?"

So I googled pictures of them both and thought "they're all going to feel really silly now". Still no idea. Raaaaaaagh! 

You don't have to like them, but surely you've everyone's heard of them or at least seen Simon Pegg in something?

9 minutes ago, Paddywhack said:

I was talking about Pixar films at work the other day and soon established that the 5 people I share a bank of desks with had never heard of Pixar. That annoyed me.

This morning my brother-in-law has sent me a photo of his family on holiday and Nick Frost happens to be walking past in the background. I showed them and they have no idea who he is.

I said "From Shaun of the Dead..? With Simon Pegg..?"

"Who?"

So I googled pictures of them both and thought "they're all going to feel really silly now". Still no idea. Raaaaaaagh! 

You don't have to like them, but surely you've everyone's heard of them or at least seen Simon Pegg in something?

I get this with a fair few things too, although if i'm honest some of the stuff I take for granted probably wouldn’t be on everyones radar.

For instance, whenever someone mentions they are a fan of horror I’m always gobsmacked if they’ve never heard of H.P. Lovecraft.

So yeah, definitely something that shouldn’t piss me off but does and perfect for this thread.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Designer1 said:

I get this with a fair few things too, although if i'm honest some of the stuff I take for granted probably wouldn’t be on everyones radar.

For instance, whenever someone mentions they are a fan of horror I’m always gobsmacked if they’ve never heard of H.P. Lovecraft.

So yeah, definitely something that shouldn’t piss me off but does and perfect for this thread.

Happens all the time. I get scoffed at on here for my pop culture blindspots, but equally, I'm stunned by other people's. I reecently met an up-and-coming English folk band who'd never heard of Sandy Denny. Very much equivalent to your H.P. Lovecraft example. 

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, mjmooney said:

Happens all the time. I get scoffed at on here for my pop culture blindspots, but equally, I'm stunned by other people's. I reecently met an up-and-coming English folk band who'd never heard of Sandy Denny. Very much equivalent to your H.P. Lovecraft example. 

What WERE Adam and Eve like? ?

Edited by lapal_fan

9 hours ago, BOF said:

Reminds me of something I read on twitter the other day along the lines of :

Person 1 : Wow we get on so well.  I really like your personality
Person 2 : Thanks, I created it just for you.

I suppose it's a 'thing I often wonder'.  How differently we all are depending on who we're with.  Many people will say 'oh I'm the same regardless'.  But if you're honest, you're not.  You're not quite the same with your parents, your mates, your other half, people you barely know, colleagues etc.  Anyhoo, I'm drifting off topic ... which is a thing that pisses me off.  /rescued

Do something for hours/days it is called a mood. Weeks/months it is called a temperament. Years/decades it is called your personality.

We are largely ruled by our feelings or emotions, which dictate everything from our perceptions, beliefs, prejudice, social norms and so on.

So no, you're right, honestly speaking, most people are invariably different from one situation to the next as different people and scenarios elicit different responses.

That said there are people (usually autonomous and headstrong) who develop principles that are promised.

The Golden Circle concept is based on appealing to the limbic brain which is responsible for feelings of trust, loyalty and decision making, and not the neocortex which is responsible for rationale and language. Basically a pretentious way of saying that we tend to have regard for people who act in line with their values. It's interesting to note how few can in our current climate.

Which brings me to something that pisses me off, when a politician is commended for delivering what they said they would, or being true to their word, and as a result are justified in some peoples minds as righteous, regardless of how detrimental their actions are to society.

Edited by A'Villan
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, Morley_crosses_to_Withe said:

It’s probably been said before but...on topic. 

You can’t go in any thread without it being runied by some pointless anti-Bruce sentiment. 

Take, for example, the tactics thread. It’s a chance for people to discuss tactics, which you’d think would be an insightful, interesting thread full of critique and analysis, but nah - it’s just full of crap like...”Bruce dunt du tactix lol”.

We get linked to a player and straight away you get snarky anti Bruce comments. 

It’s permeating every thread and it’s making that section of the message board unbareable. 

I don't know whether I've become sensitive but it seems you can't actually discuss anything without someone wading in with an insignificant "Bruce is shit and that's that and I'm right and you're wrong", which will receive 15 likes from the same people over and again. Might be time to get a bit hefty with the ignore button 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, bickster said:

Waiting around airports in the hope of work, thinking I could be home now with that beer I bought Sunday night

I thought you were a nine to five desk jockey these days? 

2 hours ago, Morley_crosses_to_Withe said:

..You can’t go in any thread without it being runied by some pointless anti-Bruce sentiment. 

I know it’s dreadful.

Bruce out! ?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

38 minutes ago, mjmooney said:

I thought you were a nine to five desk jockey these days? 

I've been a desk jockey for 20 years! 9 to 5 is only this year but I still work the road a bit. I enjoy it and I do it for record money

• Like 1

Â