Things that piss you off that shouldn't

AVFCforever1991

1 hour ago, Xela said:

They serve the horrible piss as it sells the best and is the cheapest. 99% of punters are more interested in quantity over quality and want to sink 10 pints of Carling. 

what i've found is an increasing number of my mates know that its absolute piss but would rather ask for a dash or more usually lime (if you walk in to the station in kiddy* and ask for a "kiddy cocktail" you'll get a carling and lime - *best pub in kiddy by a distance) than try a better beer such as moretti

sticky rice is glutinous rice (which sounds misleading because its actually gluten free) its real easy to cook, you can get it from any of the chinese supermarkets in brum IMO its the best rice, stick it in the middle of a curry and it'll hold rather than just breaking up in to the sauce

The spider season has started. 

This in itself doesn't piss me off, they don't bother me at all. 

It's the frequent hysterical shrieks from the missus. God knows how she'd react if there was actually something harmful in the room. 

• Haha 1

There’s always the “hmmm are spiders scared of conkers?” discussion to be had. I’ve read peppermint oil is meant to be effective, but never tried it.

I don’t mind spiders, if I see a biggish spider across the room I’ll gather him up and show him the door. No bother. 

That said, if I saw that a spider was crawling up my shoulder, I’d freak out.

Just now, Shropshire Lad said:

There’s always the “hmmm are spiders scared of conkers?” discussion to be had. I’ve read peppermint oil is meant to be effective, but never tried it.

I don’t mind spiders, if I see a biggish spider across the room I’ll gather him up and show him the door. No bother. 

That said, if I saw that a spider was crawling up my shoulder, I’d freak out.

Of course. That's "being startled by the unexpected". It's the panic at seeing a 10p-sized spider minding its own business on a wall, that I don't get. 

Just now, mjmooney said:

Of course. That's "being startled by the unexpected". It's the panic at seeing a 10p-sized spider minding its own business on a wall, that I don't get. 

I dislike flies more, but if I saw a fly on my shoulder I wouldn’t really care.

I guess it’s because the fly isn’t going to run up my neck and into my ear, whereas with the sudden surprise of the spider, the natural reaction is to get it off you immediately to avoid the unlikely chance of it setting up home. 

16 hours ago, blandy said:

There's your mistake.

To be fair if we swing the pie comment over to beer, that’s something London is excelling in. There’s no excuse to have a bad pint in London anymore everyone is so obsessed with craft ales and beers. It might be a bit hipster and snobby at times but you can always get a seriously good (albeit overpriced) pint in London no matter where you are. I went out into the sticks for a weekend recently and I didn’t realise how lucky I am living in a big city when it comes to booze. Most towns in England now you just get the piss that is carlsberg and the like and not a whole lot else...

• Like 1

12 hours ago, mjmooney said:

The spider season has started. 

This in itself doesn't piss me off, they don't bother me at all. 

It's the frequent hysterical shrieks from the missus. God knows how she'd react if there was actually something harmful in the room. 

The **** seem to be getting bigger. I have had to remove 2 so far. One from the living room floor and another one from my duvet. Was not impressed by the one that got into bed with me! 

3 hours ago, A'Villan said:

I take my thong off (no, this is not going where you Americans think it just did)...

Believe me, it’s not just Americans who snigger at Australian men talking about how they wear women’s skimpy underpants!

Â