Things that piss you off that shouldn't

AVFCforever1991

1 minute ago, choffer said:

Or - It's against the law to use your phone (even for taking photos) when you're driving.

The standard troll response to that is "I was the passenger". Actually probably true in this instance from the angle of the photos

The approximate 2000% mark up on tablets if they are branded.

Pretty sure Nurofen and Piriteze do exactly the same jobs as their unbranded counterparts that you can get for about 30p.

Why do people buy them?

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Wainy316 said:

Pretty sure Nurofen and Piriteze do exactly the same jobs as their unbranded counterparts that you can get for about 30p.

Why do people buy them?

there is a PL code on the packs of medicine that usually show they are indeed  the same tablet 

,I seem to recall it's  not just across competitor brands but even within a brand itself   ... Anadin with this tablet is for bad backs  , where as this one is for period pain and this one for migraines (is it **** , you'll never cure a migraine with an aspirin ) ... no they are all the same tablet in a different packaging at a different price 

• Like 1

On 30/05/2018 at 21:33, StefanAVFC said:

Another 7 a side football moan.

Just playing with a random group. We're 2 down with around 10 mins to go. Never mind the countless sitters myself and another lad laid on a plate for the rest of my team (happens), one of their team was doing the most cynical, blatant cheating to waste time you'll ever see, and we just got told to shut up for moaning at him.

The ball would go out for a goal kick. He'd take the goal kick from his hands (wtf), throw it on the floor, then pick it up when somebody approached him, then throw it out again. 

Never seen such blatant cheating; and he got away with it because it's just stupid 7 a side without a ref.

Had this yesterday, absolute fuming. You pick the ball up from the back and lay on chance after chance that gets squandered everytime. So you think "**** this" I will go up front and put them away. You go up front, and don't see the ball for 10 minutes because nobody is capable of picking the ball off the goalkeeper and stringing two passes together. So you watch ball after ball being pumped into the channel or some eejit trying to bulldoze his way through 5 players.

Time for me to find some better players or retire, I am getting too old to be chasing the ball around for an hour like a complete ****.

1 minute ago, rodders0223 said:

Had this yesterday, absolute fuming. You pick the ball up from the back and lay on chance after chance that gets squandered everytime. So you think "**** this" I will go up front and put them away. You go up front, and don't see the ball for 10 minutes because nobody is capable of picking the ball off the goalkeeper and stringing two passes together.

Hahahaha are you me?

I like to think I balance between running at people if I need to, as well as starting attacks. I'm tall so I go up front if we're full of idiots who can't play it short.

5 hours ago, Wainy316 said:

Why do people buy them?

Mostly because advertising.

There are differences in them, though often it's pretty negligible - branded ones may well taste nicer, or be easier to swallow, or other less tangible benefits. There are also a few examples of conditions where even the non-active ingredients can be important so a specific brand is required, but that's pretty uncommon (anti-epilepsy medication is the one I've heard can have the most impact).

I stick to generic for pretty much anything except Lemsip, because I tried Boots' version of it once and it was bloody awful. Same therapy, but it tasted disgusting.

11 minutes ago, chrisp65 said:

I've took anadin headache tablets back in the 80's and I've never had period pain since, not convinced own brand stuff would be so long lasting. 

Everyone knows the only effective remedy for period pain is a 5 day holiday with the lads at the correct time

• Like 2

3 hours ago, rodders0223 said:

Had this yesterday, absolute fuming. You pick the ball up from the back and lay on chance after chance that gets squandered everytime. So you think "**** this" I will go up front and put them away. You go up front, and don't see the ball for 10 minutes because nobody is capable of picking the ball off the goalkeeper and stringing two passes together. So you watch ball after ball being pumped into the channel or some eejit trying to bulldoze his way through 5 players.

Time for me to find some better players or retire, I am getting too old to be chasing the ball around for an hour like a complete ****.

I used to play indoor 5 a side on a sat morning , nearly everyone seems to think the best way to score is to blast the ball as hard as you can from the edge of the D , thus trying to decapitate the keeper .

I used to try little spin back heel moves (badly) and get moaned at by my team mates because we were only 18 -7 up at the time and I should have "hit it " ... once I even did the cheeky feint let the keeper dive and chip it over his prone body move  into an empty net ..they then ruled it out for over head height  !!

If i had a £ for every time someone was at an impossible angle and still tried to shoot rather than pull it back I'd have been a rich man

tbf they are old mates and not one proper footballer amongst them (as in who played 11 a side ) so it' was kinda expected , but you'd think after 20+ years of it , something might have sunk in

that said I'm 2 years since my last game when I had my knee op , and i'm itching to get back

Edited by tonyh29

That (now banned for life) Everton fan jailed for 8 weeks, throwing punches whilst holding his probably scared sh!tless son with the other arm.

Now, it quite rightly pissed me off and should. The reason that it shouldn't is it doesn't surprise me that such dickheads exist.

Father of the year goes to......

• Like 1

Going to see the Rolling Stones in Cov tomorrow night, official parking is £25. 

Go f### yourself you f###### extorting b######## c####, m##### f####### a#### wiping p### taking c####.

Looks like I'll be paying a local hood £5 to not key my car then.

• Like 2

14 hours ago, Wainy316 said:

Why do people buy them?

My brother in law sells labelling machines. He's been to countless places where one product rolls off the production line and some go left for the brand label and some go right for the own brand label. 

1 hour ago, mjmooney said:

(Lifted from a Facebook post): 

Tommy **** ing Robinson. 

Never mind 120 thousand deaths through austerity. Never mind the cuts to social care and care workers leaving those other people who are disabled and also happen to be your countrymen and women, sitting in their own shitted nappies all day, instead of having someone to help them go to the toilet.. housebound because their mobility scooters are taken back to save money. 

Never mind our NHS workers underpaid and overworked... well people live longer and immigrants eh? Nothing to do with gross and deliberate underfunding. 

Never mind the desperate schools, taking away school dinners from millions of children already in poverty with parents working zero hours contracts, with rises in suicides and children with rickets and other Victorian diseases. 

Never mind people killed in cheaply cladded tower blocks to save a few quid and survivors still not housed. 

Never mind a Catholic Church mired in centuries of child abuse. 

Never mind a prime minister who ‘lost’ the papers on MP’s paedophile ring that has been happening for decades and won’t uncover any of it due to it possibly ‘undermining our national security’. 

And now .. I can see so many of you brave activists worried about the freedom of one man who actually broke the law... and has admitted it. Those monsters could have got off on a technicality after what he did. Sets up the racist EDL, football hooligan, already been prosecuted for fraud and violence, was strictly told his public involvement would lead to his arrest and did it anyway... and I’m supposed to believe a man who doesn’t even use his real name is the new messiah.  A racist thug... who cares not for victims of child abuse but for pushing his own sick agenda. 

I’m so glad to see all you Tommy activists. I was wondering where your voice was whilst the above was going on and you were talking about Ant McPartlin. 

The planet is dying. People are homeless in record numbers, foodbank users are multiplying while your government ( the one you keep voting for) continue to dream up ways to get more out of you so you can keep paying for tax breaks for corporations. 
And finally you’re moved. At last. Finally you want to march on Downing Street. 
About Tommy **** ing Robinson.

I’m gonna nick this mike if you don’t mind. **** brilliant.

• Like 1

On 01/06/2018 at 17:38, mjmooney said:

(Lifted from a Facebook post): 

Tommy **** ing Robinson. 

Never mind 120 thousand deaths through austerity. Never mind the cuts to social care and care workers leaving those other people who are disabled and also happen to be your countrymen and women, sitting in their own shitted nappies all day, instead of having someone to help them go to the toilet.. housebound because their mobility scooters are taken back to save money. 

Never mind our NHS workers underpaid and overworked... well people live longer and immigrants eh? Nothing to do with gross and deliberate underfunding. 

Never mind the desperate schools, taking away school dinners from millions of children already in poverty with parents working zero hours contracts, with rises in suicides and children with rickets and other Victorian diseases. 

Never mind people killed in cheaply cladded tower blocks to save a few quid and survivors still not housed. 

Never mind a Catholic Church mired in centuries of child abuse. 

Never mind a prime minister who ‘lost’ the papers on MP’s paedophile ring that has been happening for decades and won’t uncover any of it due to it possibly ‘undermining our national security’. 

And now .. I can see so many of you brave activists worried about the freedom of one man who actually broke the law... and has admitted it. Those monsters could have got off on a technicality after what he did. Sets up the racist EDL, football hooligan, already been prosecuted for fraud and violence, was strictly told his public involvement would lead to his arrest and did it anyway... and I’m supposed to believe a man who doesn’t even use his real name is the new messiah.  A racist thug... who cares not for victims of child abuse but for pushing his own sick agenda. 

I’m so glad to see all you Tommy activists. I was wondering where your voice was whilst the above was going on and you were talking about Ant McPartlin. 

The planet is dying. People are homeless in record numbers, foodbank users are multiplying while your government ( the one you keep voting for) continue to dream up ways to get more out of you so you can keep paying for tax breaks for corporations. 
And finally you’re moved. At last. Finally you want to march on Downing Street. 
About Tommy **** ing Robinson.

Following on. This one is for the lefties (beware @tonyh29 !)

10 hours ago, TheAuthority said:

Following on. This one is for the lefties (beware @tonyh29 !)

Not really sure why it’s for the lefties tbh ? The reflection  on society that video portrays is one I fully agree with and have often moaned about .

as for the Tommy Robinson FB thingy I just filled that under the “share if you agree” shit that clutters up Facebook and kinda ignored it , the original author may have good intentions but he’s presented a skewed agenda to suit his cause ... which presumably is what the morons campaigning for little Tommy are doing ( i’ve  not really been following events around him if I’m honest )

Just seen a picture of the 'Love Island' contestants. 

I instantly despise every one and hope they contract dengue fever. 

Â