Things that piss you off that shouldn't

AVFCforever1991

5 hours ago, sharkyvilla said:

I was surprised how rude the people in Berlin were when I was there in April.  I almost told them that the war was over 70 years ago and to move on.  I've always found French people in Normandy really pleasant but it's a long time since I went to Paris.

Its funny how people have different experiences. I found the people in Berlin to be some of the friendliest people I have ever encountered. 

• Like 3

5 hours ago, blandy said:

The worst thing about Paris by a mile is the traffic, it's mental bad. Everything else is pretty good (apart from overpacked, unreliable rush hour metro trains)

I used to think so but when you've experienced rush hour (well, 3pm - 10pm) in places like Jakarta, Bangkok and Manila, you realise it isn't so bad after all! Those cities are mental. 

38 minutes ago, Davkaus said:

I need to hire a legal team to go through all of these bloody privacy policy updates that are coming through. 

Ignore them unless its someone you want to send you emails. If you don't respond you'll be taken off their mailing lists. One plus side to the GDPR

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Ikantcpell said:

Video interview with Alt Right webrag editor / troll

Seriously, you think he's got a point?

In other news... How gullible was removed from the dictionary

1 hour ago, mjmooney said:

Weird. I've been to France far more often than any other country, and my experiences have been 99% positive (you'll get the 1% arseholes absolutely everywhere). The bad things about Paris are no different from the bad things about London. Provincial France is simply delightful - beautiful countryside, fabulous food, and I've never had any problem with the people. I don't really want to live anywhere other than where I am now, but if I had to, it would be rural France in a heartbeat. 

Amen to this. Esp Bordeaux...and the local girls there were 99.99% stunning....?

• Like 3

4 hours ago, choffer said:

Couldn't be further from experience. I moved down here from Brum saying I'd do a yea, two at most. 19 years later and I still love it. 

Same. There’s always a corner of London that I haven’t discovered yet, and when I do, it usually still leaves me in awe. There’s always new and interesting stuff going on, new places opening up, or different areas/streets to explore. It’s a living, breathing city that constantly evolves.

It’s also multicultural to an extent which, unless you’ve spent a reasonable amount of time here, you probably vastly underestimate. I’ve met fascinating people from SO many different countries whom I’d have never met living elsewhere in the UK.

Living in London has genuinely been a truly enjoyable, life enriching & character building experience - best decision I ever made. I still love it. If I ever get bored of London, I reckon I’ll just be bored of life full stop. 

Dr P loves it really. He’s been threatening to move away for ages ?

• Like 2

20 minutes ago, Morley_crosses_to_Withe said:

Same. There’s always a corner of London that I haven’t discovered yet, and when I do, it usually still leaves me in awe. There’s always new and interesting stuff going on, new places opening up, or different areas/streets to explore. It’s a living, breathing city that constantly evolves.

It’s also multicultural to an extent which, unless you’ve spent a reasonable amount of time here, you probably vastly underestimate. I’ve met fascinating people from SO many different countries whom I’d have never met living elsewhere in the UK.

Living in London has genuinely been a truly enjoyable, life enriching & character building experience - best decision I ever made. I still love it. If I ever get bored of London, I reckon I’ll just be bored of life full stop. 

Dr P loves it really. He’s been threatening to move away for ages ?

I guess it's about life stages. Right now I want a big house in a nice area that's close to where I work, I'll be getting that when I move back to Birmingham, zero chance of that in London and it's not like I earn a pittance. Take your point about the other stuff, that has been great, but it's not something that necessarily makes me tick so happy to do without it, at least, I think so.

Edited by Dr_Pangloss

1 hour ago, Ikantcpell said:

John Cleese Vidoe

You know Cleese was essentially saying that about London because he doesn't see many white people there, don't you? Do you agree with that?

3 hours ago, Ikantcpell said:

John Cleese vid

Just taking this 40 seconds as it comes, the London that he talks about sounds like the London that I used to live in when I was at Poly there in the early 90s and doesn't sound too dissimilar to the London I was born in during the early 70s (according to my mother).

Rather than posting snippets of videos from people, would you like to actually spell out the point you are making?

I think I know what you're hinting at but I'm offering the benefit of a little bit of doubt here. ;)

• Like 1

On 23/05/2018 at 16:42, bickster said:

You know Cleese was essentially saying that about London because he doesn't see many white people there, don't you? Do you agree with that?

He sad it beacuse he want london to remain an english city, and no that doesn't make him a racist so plz....

On 23/05/2018 at 18:41, snowychap said:

Just taking this 40 seconds as it comes, the London that he talks about sounds like the London that I used to live in when I was at Poly there in the early 90s and doesn't sound too dissimilar to the London I was born in during the early 70s (according to my mother).

Rather than posting snippets of videos from people, would you like to actually spell out the point you are making?

I think I know what you're hinting at but I'm offering the benefit of a little bit of doubt here. ;)

You would never understand the point iam trying to make, so there is no point in expaining it to you.

2 minutes ago, Ikantcpell said:

You would never understand the point iam trying to make, so there is no point in expaining it to you.

Try us.

"you wouldn't get it" is the mother of all cop outs.

By the way, have you ever been to London?

Edited by StefanAVFC

Â