Things that piss you off that shouldn't

AVFCforever1991

6 minutes ago, Shropshire Lad said:

Ordering a coke and somehow ending up with a carling. That moment when you have to quickly decide whether to correct them and make it awkward or bottle it and just accept it.

Slowly sipping away at the lager now.

I was at a bar watching the game yesterday, and already had a spent diet coke on my table. we wanted to order food and I was going to get one pint. After the waitress took the food order she said "and another diet coke?"

I said "yes please" without hesitation.

Sci Fi Mind Control GIF

• Haha 1

14 minutes ago, Shropshire Lad said:

Ordering a coke and somehow ending up with a carling. That moment when you have to quickly decide whether to correct them and make it awkward or bottle it and just accept it.

Slowly sipping away at the lager now.

Happened to me recently, but in reverse. 

• Haha 1

Apparantley in the US,  there is a twitter / Facebook group who are very proud of themselves.

They look for adverts for breeds of Dogs that need a good home or puppies etc.  The key thing here is they make the people thing they are going to take cvare of the dog(s) but they then immediatley go and get them destroyed at specific shelters.

I don't know where to start,  some woman was boasting she did a mother and all the puppies at a shelter.  

43 minutes ago, Amsterdam_Neil_D said:

Apparantley in the US,  there is a twitter / Facebook group who are very proud of themselves.

They look for adverts for breeds of Dogs that need a good home or puppies etc.  The key thing here is they make the people thing they are going to take cvare of the dog(s) but they then immediatley go and get them destroyed at specific shelters.

I don't know where to start,  some woman was boasting she did a mother and all the puppies at a shelter.  

This week's new way to create accounts with lots of followers to sell on.

• Thanks 1

23 hours ago, Shropshire Lad said:

Presumably if the oven clean guy won and the only prize left was the oven clean, that would be deemed slightly amusing and he’d be ok to take it?

If that was the case (and who knows for sure ?) then he should've put it back in to the raffle.

But in all honestly......meh to it all :mellow:

On 10/05/2018 at 19:45, AlwaysAVFC said:

After having an engine management light on, I booked an appointment last Friday, upon which they said it couldn’t be driven, and wouldn’t be ready until the middle of the week. The plus side was that it was covered in the warranty, but with no courtesy car available i’ve had to hire one, as we had plans the weekend and live in the country with no public transport so the Mrs needs it for her and the kids.

They haven’t even had the part delivered yet, the dealership were told they had to to more tests before they could claim the part under the warranty but none of this has been said until now despite me ringing several times. At this rate I would have been better just paying for the work to be done, rather than being messed about.

Related to my moan. How companies seem to take Twitter complaints more seriously than a phone call. Phoned and just got fobbed off, a tweet and they (manufacturer) start to help (didn’t sort it though)

An email to dealership MD over the weekend has done the trick though and they’ve found a car for us to use, this morning.

31 minutes ago, AlwaysAVFC said:

Related to my moan. How companies seem to take Twitter complaints more seriously than a phone call. Phoned and just got fobbed off, a tweet and they (manufacturer) start to help (didn’t sort it though)

An email to dealership MD over the weekend has done the trick though and they’ve found a car for us to use, this morning.

it's publicity and bad publicity innit

if I phone and complain that's between me and the person on the other end of the phone

if I hit my twitter, that bad publicity is seen by up to 89 takeaway outlets and russian sex bots

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, chrisp65 said:

it's publicity and bad publicity innit

if I phone and complain that's between me and the person on the other end of the phone

if I hit my twitter, that bad publicity is seen by up to 89 takeaway outlets and russian sex bots

I knew the answer really but just think it would be beneficial to offer a good service and support in the first place and get praised for it on social media and word of mouth rather than a visable complaint followed by a please DM your details. It might show that they appear to be listening and doing something but doesn’t cover up all the complaints that are out there or making a customer not want one of their products again.

Some of our Twitter complaints are hilarious., that one of our drivers had driven over her friends foot.

Girl last week complained to the wrong company (same name, totally unrelated, different area)

She evidenced this with a photo of a perfectly normal looking pair of feet in Ugg boots with a tyre mark right over the one foot.

Yes you've just had two ton of metal roll over your foot and the first thing you do is reach for the camera and pose standing up, presumably whilst you wait for the ambulance that you clearly don't need but bloody well would if it actually happened

I'm new to Facebook, (gasp). Doing it for business purposes. I always feared it was sort of sleazy and an incubator of the worst of group-think and an obvious source of personal information mining that could be exploited by corporations and governments.

Dunno if it's a thing, but I'll make it one: "Facebook Families".  Carefully crafted profiles of families that look like they were dressed by a production crew. Is this a thing?

Things You Don't Want The McDonald's Server To Yell To Her Colleague At Exactly The Same Moment She Hands You A Tray Of Food, #1:

'Dave, I'm just gonna go put a plaster on. Dave? Can you cover me? I'm just gonna go put a plaster on'. 

?

• Haha 3

1 hour ago, HanoiVillan said:

Things You Don't Want The McDonald's Server To Yell To Her Colleague At Exactly The Same Moment She Hands You A Tray Of Food, #1:

'Dave, I'm just gonna go put a plaster on. Dave? Can you cover me? I'm just gonna go put a plaster on'. 

?

I'd be more concerned if she had shouted "Dave we're out of toilet paper in the crapper again"!

Edited by AVFCDAN
  • Haha 1

"Travellers" arriving on any piece of green land in the North Solihull area, being moved off a few hours later, and leaving piles of shit behind; mountains of tyres, building rubbish, even a burnt out caravan.

Travellers? More like soap dodging, tax dodging pikey **** scum.

• Like 2

Â