Things that piss you off that shouldn't

AVFCforever1991

31 minutes ago, chrisp65 said:

personalised number plates fulfill a very important function

until people are happy to have stickers front and rear of their car that say 'absolute jumped up self important materialist little retard avoid at all costs' we all just have to rely on the personalised number plate

2013-audi-allroad-quattro-badge-2.jpg&f=

I've just had a week's holiday with a bunch of old friends, including my best mate - we've known each other since we were 16, he was best man at my wedding, he's a top bloke... but he's really into cars - has three, including a BMW and a Jag, all with personalised plates. We were walking around Worcester yesterday, and it was all "Ah, look, a [insert detailed car model], they hold their value well, but the post-2010 models don't perform as well as the [insert another tedious car spec], although the boot space compares well with the [blah, blah, fecking blah]". I had to keep telling him he may as well have been speaking Martian, it's a just another car to me, and I'm Not Remotely Interested. 

Still, we managed to find a great little pub and an awesome secondhand bookshop to take my mind off it. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Xela said:

I always forget about the Duke. Would have been ideal to be in the beer garden over the bank holiday. 

1 hour ago, KHV said:

Everyone forgets about the Duke. To be fair they don't really advertise it well. My sister and my mum met me there on the weekend, they have lived in Sutton for over 40 years and neither of them knew it existed until last weekend!

I’ve never even heard of the duke 

4 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

I’ve never even heard of the duke 

More or less at the back of where Quinto Lounge is. Just come out of there, turn left and then left into Duke St (opposite where that Papas pizza and kebab place is) and its down there. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Xela said:

More or less at the back of where Quinto Lounge is. Just come out of there, turn left and then left into Duke St (opposite where that Papas pizza and kebab place is) and its down there. 

Had no idea that was there! Will definitely try there next time. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, mjmooney said:

The Oil Basin Brewhouse and the upstairs section of the St. Richard's Hospice charity shop. 

Funnily enough I was talking to my brother about this place earlier in the local. He said he went in there last saturday (and stiffed someone else on the round for a Belgian beer that cost something like £8.50 for the bottle).

Not been in as it's relatively new but I'll give it a look the next time I'm over that way.

There used to be an absolute blinder of a second hand bookshop out on The Tything opposite the grammar but the old boy who ran that binned it yonks ago.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, snowychap said:

Funnily enough I was talking to my brother about this place earlier in the local. He said he went in there last saturday (and stiffed someone else on the round for a Belgian beer that cost something like £8.50 for the bottle).

Not been in as it's relatively new but I'll give it a look the next time I'm over that way.

Not my usual sort of pub, but we had limited time to find somewhere before the monstrous regiment of women finished their clothes shopping. Nice young feller running it, I wish him well. 

I'd just about given up on finding a bookshop (the other charity places were all nonstarters) until I checked out the St. Richard's place, and my face lit up. I bought four books for £15, but could easily have doubled that in the history section alone. 

Edited by mjmooney
  • Like 1

Went to a charity do tonight , I’d donated a giant 4.5kg bar of Toblerone for the raffle 

guess what prize I won when one of my tickets was called out !! 

Reluctantly I gave it back and swapped it for something else , but it pisses me off as I would have given the bar a perfect send off 

bloke I know won it a bit later and keeps sending me pictures of it as he knows my fondness for the stuff ....

7 hours ago, tonyh29 said:

Went to a charity do tonight , I’d donated a giant 4.5kg bar of Toblerone for the raffle 

Reluctantly I gave it back and swapped it for something else , but it pisses me off as I would have given the bar a perfect send off 

bloke I know won it a bit later and keeps sending me pictures of it as he knows my fondness for the stuff ....

I would have been fine with you keeping the toblerone. 

It’s quite literally the luck of the draw.

7 hours ago, tonyh29 said:

I went to a Christmas raffle charity thing once where lots of the people had donated gifts and services. 

If your ticket was pulled out you could pick anything from the table. A guy in the room ran an oven cleaning company and had donated a free oven clean. He bought some tickets and one was pulled out, he took his own donation out so he didn’t have to do the clean, I thought that was poor form but guess it’s his choice.

16 minutes ago, Genie said:

A guy in the room ran an oven cleaning company and had donated a free oven clean. He bought some tickets and one was pulled out, he took his own donation out so he didn’t have to do the clean, I thought that was poor form but guess it’s his choice.

The more I think about it the more embarrassed i am for the bloke.....just how tight fisted did he make himself appear by doing that ?!

49 minutes ago, Genie said:

I went to a Christmas raffle charity thing once where lots of the people had donated gifts and services. 

If your ticket was pulled out you could pick anything from the table. A guy in the room ran an oven cleaning company and had donated a free oven clean. He bought some tickets and one was pulled out, he took his own donation out so he didn’t have to do the clean, I thought that was poor form but guess it’s his choice.

Just imagine being that much of a bellend. 

• Haha 1

30 minutes ago, mottaloo said:

The more I think about it the more embarrassed i am for the bloke.....just how tight fisted did he make himself appear by doing that ?!

I know, there were loads of good prizes like tickets to Drayton Manor or meal with wine at a restaurant and he chose to take his own donation out... 

That’s obviously a bit different, the oven clean guy looks like a bit of a tit.

I think it partly depends on how valuable the prize is and who wins it. If it’s a works raffle and a chief exec wins his own bottle of scotch, I can see how it might be viewed negatively.

Presumably if the oven clean guy won and the only prize left was the oven clean, that would be deemed slightly amusing and he’d be ok to take it?

the oven clean prize is a weird one anyway up

surely if you're married, then by definition you have an oven cleaner

if you're single, you use a microwave or a takeaway app

yeah, weird

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, Shropshire Lad said:

That’s obviously a bit different, the oven clean guy looks like a bit of a tit.

Oven-tually, he'll realise he is being a right hob-head

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Â