Things that piss you off that shouldn't

AVFCforever1991

Deaf mum suing concert production company

Eight-year-old Cate Merry and her friend Megan are big fans of Little Mix.

They've got the T-shirts, the photo albums, the CDs, can sing the songs and rock the dance routines.

So how did their love of the band lead to unprecedented legal action?

So a woman who is taking her kids to see Little Mix demanded that a sign language interpreter sign the gig. LHG caved in and provided one for Little Mix's set, posted announcements on big screens and upgraded their seats. That said she is taking them to court as they did not sign the support act.

If this case wins, surely that opens the floodgates for anyone to demand that a BSL interpreter is at any gig. That will make gig tickets skyrocket surely. 

And the world gets even madder. I’m not a chaffinch so should I expect the council to make birdhouses in parks and woodland human sized so I can get in them? **** stupid people.

7 hours ago, Stevo985 said:

Madras is perfect for me. 

I can handle a vindaloo but it’s a bit too hot and I don’t actually think it tastes nice. 

Madras is just right. Hot, but not enough to burn your face off. And it actually tastes delicious. 

What about a Tarka?  You know, like a tikka, but a little ‘otter.

• Haha 1

22 hours ago, Wainy316 said:

When you go for a curry and somebody orders a Korma.  

That’s probably too hot for me..

actually .bad as I am with spicy food ,  it’s the sauces I don’t like  .... everytime  I have an Indian it’s mixed grill tikka , pilau rice and a coconut naan , maybe a cheese naan if I feel like living dangerously 

10 hours ago, darrenm said:

We have 3 doors at work in very quick succession. Walking behind someone means they have to hold the door slightly as you follow them.

It starts as thanks, then cheers, then ta.

The next time it's ta, then thanks, then cheers.

If you don't say anything you feel very rude.

Haha, I know that exact scenario!

At the grand old age of 32 I am pretty sure that today is the first time in my life that I've ever travelled a large distance on the train by myself.

I have a strange phobia of trains, I always think I'm likely to die on one.

I said in the careers thread that just making it to the interview will be a victory for me today.

4 minutes ago, leemond2008 said:

At the grand old age of 32 I am pretty sure that today is the first time in my life that I've ever travelled a large distance on the train by myself.

I said in the careers thread that just making it to the interview will be a victory for me today.

I love trains and I love that I still get so excited about something so simple. Providing it's not rammed, a couple of hours on a train, listening to a podcast or an audiobook with a coffee, watching the countryside whiz past. Ahh, I'm relaxed just thinking about it.

It's just a shame they cost so much and it's usually cheaper to drive.

Good luck with the interview!

• Like 3

11 minutes ago, leemond2008 said:

We're the same age.

For some reason I imagined myself being about 30 years younger than you :D 

10 hours ago, Rob182 said:

You’ve just made me realise that my new place doesn’t have any doors to old open. It’s really corporate and overly fancy. 

This might be commonplace for some people, but my previous work was like a 1980s council building. Toilet seats hanging off, post-it notes on 80% of the windows (stuck on 2 years ago to indicate ‘this one needs replacing’), lifts that work every other day. You get the picture.

I made the switch the other way. Feels bad.

I prefer every other aspect of the job, but this building is a **** shithole. Single glazing with condensation dripping everywhere...Some random chav that comes around once every couple of days to knock shit over under the guise of 'cleaning'. Half the **** lights don't work.

I miss the staff of young attractive women that cleaned my desk every day, and the in house Starbucks and Costa. :( 

Edited by Davkaus
  • Haha 1

9 hours ago, chrisp65 said:

There's an ingredient in many a curry that makes me sweat. Almost like an allergy thing,.....order a Jalfrezi or tikka or anything fairly average heat and I start looking like I'm struggling. 

I've actually disguised this at alpha male nights out by ordering something fairly hot, so I've got an excuse for getting a sweat on. 

ghey?

sorry, no I meant ghee?

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

56 minutes ago, Paddywhack said:

I love trains and I love that I still get so excited about something so simple. Providing it's not rammed, a couple of hours on a train, listening to a podcast or an audiobook with a coffee, watching the countryside whiz past. Ahh, I'm relaxed just thinking about it.

Yep, I'm the same. Among the few things I miss about work are the occasional train trips I used to do to London or Edinburgh. 

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, Wainy316 said:

Trains are great, you can drink on them.  Our last freedom.

I did a Eurotrip by train with my son last summer  ... Ice cold draft beer ( proper Czech stuff) ...so civilised to have a waitress bring you an ice cold draft beer whilst you kick back and enjoy the journey  ... the Waterloo to Petersfield train I got the other week involved a can of warm lager from a trolly !!  :puke:

11 minutes ago, tonyh29 said:

I did a Eurotrip by train with my son last summer  ... Ice cold draft beer ( proper Czech stuff) ...so civilised to have a waitress bring you an ice cold draft beer whilst you kick back and enjoy the journey  ... the Waterloo to Petersfield train I got the other week involved a can of warm lager from a trolly !!  :puke:

Yeah I'll usually take my own on for a UK train journey although I have had Czech waiter service on a train before it was great and no ridiculous mark up on the beer price.

10 hours ago, chrisp65 said:

There's an ingredient in many a curry that makes me sweat. Almost like an allergy thing, I like the taste, it's not uncomfortable hot or anything, but there's a need to wipe my brow. It's not chilli because I can eat a decent chilli and look fine. But order a Jalfrezi or tikka or anything fairly average heat and I start looking like I'm struggling. 

My mate always has to check that they don't use mustard seeds in any curry he orders, as it sets his asthma off, so could be worse.

Â