Things that piss you off that shouldn't

AVFCforever1991

7 minutes ago, AVFC_Hitz said:

Like a complete spanner I misjudged the snow and slipped up. Cracked my mouth off the floor and chipped a tooth. Luckily there was no one around to laugh at my fat self introducing my face to Johnny Pavement.

8 minutes ago, AVFC_Hitz said:

Like a complete spanner I misjudged the snow and slipped up. Cracked my mouth off the floor and chipped a tooth. Luckily there was no one around to laugh at my fat self introducing my face to Johnny Pavement.

with the injury incurred, I'm surprised you could say that again. 

I have a new joiner today. Nobody from HR told me he was starting today. He was sat in our kitchen downstairs for nearly 2 hours waiting for me.

Made me look like a word removed when it was nothing to do with me.

• Haha 1

13 hours ago, Zatman said:

Its more the co-workers I work with when you go for a beer after work or lunch 

If you go for a drink with people, expect the conversation to be about your common ground.

I only go drinking with people from work I have common ground with aside from work for that very reason. There are very few people in work that fall into this category, I rarely bother.... Unless they are on the board of directors.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, bickster said:

If you go for a drink with people, expect the conversation to be about your common ground.

I only go drinking with people from work I have common ground with aside from work for that very reason. There are very few people in work that fall into this category, I rarely bother.... Unless they are on the board of directors.

That says more about you than your colleagues :lol::P 

Right, firstly the new trend of referring to people as ‘snowflakes’.

Secondly, the annoying people at my new job. A load of us started on the 2nd of Jan in a brand new team, and because our desks aren’t ready yet, we’re stuck in a training room together. The guy next to me is nice enough, but he annoys the **** out of me. He’s constantly tapping, humming, commentating on his work as he does it, and then for some reason he occasionally breaks into a verse of Eminem... “nowadays everybody wanna talk like they got something to say but nothing comes out etc etc”, then he stops.... and back to tapping and humming.

Today, I was minding my own business, typing up a process flowchart I’d been asked to do, and then ‘the girl with the bad breath’ comes and sits next to me and starts telling me how I should do it. Then tappy hummer starts chipping in too. Get me out of this training room. 

@Paddywhack & @lapal_fan on the conversation of pogs and tazos (no apostrophe required @lapal_fan ;)), does anyone remember the collectible thing that came out after them, that was a plastic stick with a flat circle either end? Imagine a wooden ice lolly stick with a penny either end... then turn it into plastic and draw a silly character on it.

It’s bugged me for months that no-one I mention these to can remember them.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

We have 3 doors at work in very quick succession. Walking behind someone means they have to hold the door slightly as you follow them.

It starts as thanks, then cheers, then ta.

The next time it's ta, then thanks, then cheers.

If you don't say anything you feel very rude.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

They should add a fourth door so you can finish with the subtle nod and smile.

You’ve just made me realise that my new place doesn’t have any doors to old open. It’s really corporate and overly fancy. A revolving door at the entrance, triggered by a movement sensor. After that, glass barriers that you get through by scanning your security pass. To call the lift you have to scan your pass and press your floor number on a little pad, and a screen on the wall then tells you which of the 4 lifts will go to your floor. Then another glass door is opened with your pass to get onto the office floor. It’s even a completely ‘cashless’ building, so you have to load money onto your security pass to pay for something in a vending machine. I half expected to see three seashells in the bogs.

This might be commonplace for some people, but my previous work was like a 1980s council building. Toilet seats hanging off, post-it notes on 80% of the windows (stuck on 2 years ago to indicate ‘this one needs replacing’), lifts that work every other day. You get the picture.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Wainy316 said:

When you go for a curry and somebody orders a Korma.  

Nowt wrong with a korma, I don’t always want heat or spice. A mild and creamy curry is just as good now and again. When Inwas with my ex, if her mom cooked at home it was sometimes a coconut milk style heavy dish. On the flip side, and I’m not talking about you, nob heads who order faal or vindaloo in a bid to prove how alpha they are. “It’s alright, I’ll have a beer to help with the heat”. Yeah you enjoy your drink that will spread that heat around like wildfire. Milk is what you need you Neanderthal brain dead twunt. Clearings. 

/catharsis

Edited by Ingram85
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, Ingram85 said:

Nowt wrong with a korma, I don’t always want heat or spice. A mild and creamy curry is just as good now and again. When Inwas with my ex, if her mom cooked at home it was sometimes a coconut milk style heavy dish. On the flip side, and I’m not talking about you, nob heads who order faal or vindaloo in a bid to prove how alpha they are. “It’s alright, I’ll have a beer to help with the heat”. Yeah you enjoy your drink that will spread that heat around like wildfire. Milk is what you need you Neanderthal brain dead twunt. Clearings. 

/catharsis

Yeah I actually really like a Korma.

I wouldn't order it at a curry house though. But if I was making a curry (and by making I mean buying a ready made sauce) I'll quite often go for a Korma.

3 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

Yeah I actually really like a Korma.

I wouldn't order it at a curry house though. But if I was making a curry (and by making I mean buying a ready made sauce) I'll quite often go for a Korma.

Do you change colour with your surroundings too?

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

A bit of a kick is nice but something that makes you work isn't enjoyable. Medium milds like Tikka massala, pathia etc are about right. Korma and Makhani are a bit too mild as there's nothing but creaminess. A jalfrezi can be perfect if they hold the chillis a bit. Madras and above is a bit too much for me.

Edited by darrenm

Madras is perfect for me. 

I can handle a vindaloo but it’s a bit too hot and I don’t actually think it tastes nice. 

Madras is just right. Hot, but not enough to burn your face off. And it actually tastes delicious. 

There's an ingredient in many a curry that makes me sweat. Almost like an allergy thing, I like the taste, it's not uncomfortable hot or anything, but there's a need to wipe my brow. It's not chilli because I can eat a decent chilli and look fine. But order a Jalfrezi or tikka or anything fairly average heat and I start looking like I'm struggling. 

I've actually disguised this at alpha male nights out by ordering something fairly hot, so I've got an excuse for getting a sweat on. 

Â