Things that piss you off that shouldn't

AVFCforever1991

I usually say "sorry mate, I just rent this place " and 99.5% of the time it does the trick, which is why i was annoyed that I didn't say it this time......and the fact that he "didn't see" my notice and lied about the sales pitch.

Meh.

6 hours ago, tonyh29 said:

I couldn't do that , just not programmed to be rude ( not a dig , I can understand the sentiment)

I've even invited the Jehovah witnesses that have knocked on my door in for a cup of coffee as they looked cold  before  , I don't buy what they are selling , so arguably I'm wasting their time , just seems the right thing to do ... probably got that from my Grandad who I always remember as being a kind man to everyone

I think that's the most human thing anyone has ever done for a Jehovah's witness. 

I often feel sorry for them, one for being so hopelessly misled and secondly for the way I imagine they get treated. 

But I wouldn't listen to them on my doorstep let alone think to invite them in for a drink. 

Your grandad was right by the way. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, mottaloo said:

I usually say "sorry mate, I just rent this place " and 99.5% of the time it does the trick, which is why i was annoyed that I didn't say it this time......and the fact that he "didn't see" my notice and lied about the sales pitch.

Meh.

Yep, that and "drive a company car mate" usually sees me through 

My daughter! Being a separated father of a 15y.o is no fun at all. She currently is doing this neat trick where if I tell her off at all then she just packs up and goes back to her mother's and Im powerless to stop her.

I could go on but I'll spare everyone, feel better at least writing on a forum where someone may relate. 

Edited by Villan_of_oz
  • Sad 1

2 minutes ago, Villan_of_oz said:

My daughter! Being a separated father of a 15y.o is no fun at all. She currently is doing this neat trick where if I tell her off at all then she just packs up and goes back to her mother's and Im powerless to stop her.

I could on but I'll spare everyone, feel better at least writing on a forum where someone may relate. 

Leave her to it. 

3 minutes ago, Rugeley Villa said:

Leave her to it. 

I do and then after a couple of weeks she comes back cos her mum has crap Internet and I have Netflix and a pool. Treats the place like a hotel, getting her to do anything is difficult and then when I give her what for she just goes to her mother's. 

The last time she stayed at her mother's she rang me once in 2 weeks out of the blue while I was at work...... she wanted money for a haircut.

Edited by Villan_of_oz

1 minute ago, Villan_of_oz said:

I do and then after a couple of weeks she comes back cos her mum has crap Internet and I have Netflix and a pool. Treats the place like a hotel, getting her to do anything is difficult and then when I give her what for she just goes to her mother's. 

Obviously you don't want to stop her coming to your house, because she's your daughter after all, but maybe say next time you leave that's it. 

6 minutes ago, Rugeley Villa said:

Obviously you don't want to stop her coming to your house, because she's your daughter after all, but maybe say next time you leave that's it. 

That's about where I am at. It's incredibly hard. When I split from her mother I was in a bad way.... drugs and gambling. The only reason I didn't do myself in was for her. I made sure when I had her I was clean and took care of her and over the years she was my inspiration and from the pits of despair I've built myself a decent life. Without playing the violin I've had my share of setbacks along the way a couple of big ones too, and she has always been there. To tell her she isn't welcome is literally the hardest thing I could ever do, it's made worse because I got kicked out of home at 13 and I swore I would never close my door on my daughter. 

Sorry I didn't come on here intending to clog this thread up with my problems. 

Edited by Villan_of_oz

1 minute ago, Villan_of_oz said:

That's about where I am at. It's incredibly hard. When I split from her mother I was in a bad way.... drugs and gambling. The only reason I didn't do myself in was for her. I made sure when I had her I was clean and took care of her and over the years she was my inspiration and from the pits of despair I've built myself a decent life. Without playing the violin I've had my share of setbacks along the way a couple of big ones too, and she has always been there. To tell her she isn't welcome is literally the hardest thing I could ever do, it's made worse because I got kicked out of home at 13 and I swore I would never close my door on my daughter. 

Well  done for sorting yourself out for starters, big respect there. Sounds like an horrible situation and guilt is playing a massive part here, but it still doesn't make her actions right. I imagine it's hard enough telling your daughter she can't stay anymore, but with the guilt from the past and also your experience of being kicked out at an early age it must be harder. I do think you need to lay down the law, because you would be doing nothing wrong in doing that. I'm not a great person to give out advice, but that's my two pennies worth. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, mjmooney said:

Ah, just hang in there. That's what teenagers are like. It'll pass. 

Ditto. We have 4 kids and they've all been difficult in their own way. Right now we are raising two grandkids, and we thought those days were behind us. Keep on loving her and let time take care of it.

26 minutes ago, Villan_of_oz said:

All good mate, but remember, this is a teen we are talking about, that's what they do. It will stop at the point when she gets the adult in her in working order. When that happens is anyone's guess. It's a pain in the ass though. This is coming from someone with a sorted situation compared to you but it's still work, you just get a double dose of it. Hang in there, love her, and she will be there again.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, mjmooney said:

Ah, just hang in there. That's what teenagers are like. It'll pass. 

I know it will. It has been a tough year and I was just hoping to end it better than this. I guess I'm expecting too much of a 15 year old girl who has her own stuff going on. 

• Like 1

The missus and I were talking the other day about our younger daughter, and what a handful (I was going to say 'monster') she was at fifteen. She's now a lovely hardworking young woman, and a great mum to our granddaughter. Who will doubtless inflict some brutal karma on mummy in about 12 years' time.  :)

I have just her mother a message saying that it is best that Maddie (daughter) stay with her until she is ready to sit down and talk about a better way forward. I've said she is welcome to get her things she needs and I will still see here but she is not welcome to stay here until she will compromise and understand there are certain decenies we have to extend to each other.

I feel like a right word removed. Leave you to it people, thanks for the support. 

My wife's grandad, who's not her paternal grandparent (nan died a couple of years ago) has bone and prostate cancer and is 86.  He's a really healthy man, lives on his own, still drives, goes on holidays abroad and is actually worth a considerable amount of money.  About a month ago, 6 weeks actually, he was quite poorly with his cancer, so was taken in to the QE in harbourne.  His weight plummeted in the 3 weeks he was there, from about 11st down to 5st, but once he was moving again and eating, he was really coming on leaps and bounds.

So as part of his rehabilitation, he was moved to the Kenrick centre in Harbourne to build up his strength and become dependant again.

The deal is/was 4 weeks is free, anything more than that is paid for.  No problem, this man, whilst absolutely NOT flashy (a gas fitter in his time), has managed to save loads of money.  My in laws have been absolutely flooded with information, every time they go to see him about money.  They've repeatedly told the carers that money isn't a problem, so tell them how he's doing, but they will not stop talking about the money. 

So he's gone back into hospital last Saturday because of issues with his 2 catheters (sp?) and no-one informed my in laws or my mother in laws 5 brothers.  They went to see him Monday night, but obviously he wasn't there, he was back in hospital.  They also found out that he was taken off the care list and his "case" has been closed down, so after he comes out of hospital, he cannot have any more care at the Kenrick centre.

So potentially, they moved a weak 86 year old man, back into hospital without telling anyone, and have turned him down for further rehabilitation once he's out of hospital, meaning he'd have to go back to his home without central heating or downstairs toilets and no home visitation.  

What a lovely, caring world we live in.

And i can't stress enough just how fit this man is.  The hospital want to do a case study on him because apart from this cancer(s) he's absolutely fine.   Fit as a fiddle.

Money money money ay? Even when you have a surplus, it isn't enough.  

Edited by lapal_fan

Â