Things that piss you off that shouldn't

AVFCforever1991

1 hour ago, Rugeley Villa said:

I'm not a coconut fan, so I was never going to be a consumer of bounty bars. I've tried them years ago, and I'm still having nightmares about it. 

I started off on loving the dark red ones when I was little and switch to the blue version later in life.

Now I avoid them altogether. Everytime I would have one I would be fighting my gumline for 25 minutes tongue flicking the remnants of coconut shards all over my mouth. Too busy for that shit nowadays and it would piss me right off doing it now.

• Like 1

Just now, AvfcRigo82 said:

I started off on loving the dark red ones when I was little and switch to the blue version later in life.

Now I avoid them altogether. Everytime I would have one I would be fighting my gumline for 25 minutes tongue flicking the remnants of coconut shards all over my mouth. Too busy for that shit nowadays and it would piss me right off doing it now.

I'm glad you've found the light, god bless you, son.  

2 hours ago, mjmooney said:

(Insert "Get out!" gif here). 

Bounty bars are ace. 

Yep.

Probably the first ones I eat.

Snickers are always the ones left in our house. I'll still eat them. But not before anything else.

I think I may have just encountered the world's worst newspaper article. It's based on the evergreen concept of 'what questions do people type into Google', and looks at what questions people in other countries supposedly ask about the UK, and then answers them. A representative flavour (there's plenty more at the link):

'Spain: Why do the Brits have bad teeth?

A: Have we? Last time I took mine out of the bedside tooth-glass they looked perfectly regular, clean and white. Our NHS gnashers are second to none. At least we don’t have the bad breath that comes of eating so much chorizo and mountains of paella sloshed down with inferior Rioja.

Canada: Why are the Brits so miserable?

A: Because we were brought up on an unrelieved diet of moaning Leonard Cohen records. He lived so long that his whingeing love-dirges killed the happiness of several generations of fun-loving Brits, who thought it was cool to be heartbroken and dejected. But he’s been dead for more than a year, so people are beginning to cheer up.

Mexico: Why do the Brits love the monarchy?

A: We love the Queen because she isn’t President Corruptese, or President Oilbaron or whatever your current head of state is called. And because Mexicans are so curious about her that they spend millions of pesos, coming to England coming to gape at Buckingham Palace while the Queen is at Balmoral. The cash comes in handy.'

I thought one of our cherished national stereotypes was a sense of humour, but perhaps not. 

Work's secret Santa.

Last year I got a sat nav holder when I don't own a sat nav, obviously just something knocking around their house wrapped up. This year I got a silly straw. I went to great length (well some length) to get a gift someone would use,  and because I don't want someone to open something crappy I spent well over the recommended price.

I won't **** bother next time when all someone can be bothered to do is find whatever is floating around in their garage and wrap it up.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

4 minutes ago, rodders0223 said:

Work's secret Santa.

Last year I got a sat nav holder when I don't own a sat nav, obviously just something knocking around their house wrapped up. This year I got a silly straw. I went to great length (well some length) to get a gift someone would use,  and because I don't want someone to open something crappy I spent well over the recommended price.

I won't **** bother next time when all someone can be bothered to do is find whatever is floating around in their garage and wrap it up.

I quite like the idea of secret Santa. 

But it the only time I’ve done it at work, everybody got really really nice gifts. It was a £10 limit and I think most people stuck to it. But everyone got thoughtful, nice gifts. 

Oh, apart from me. The gift to me was a shitty miniature table football game, that didn’t even nearly work, and I would guess cost 99p. 

Still don’t know what word removed got me that. 

don't go over the limit ffs. We haven't done it this year - new workplace it seems doesn't fancy it - but in general I just accepted it was daft nonsense. You might get an extra bottle of wine, some chocs or a terribly naff game to chuck in the bin by the time work has finished. All part of the lottery, think some of you take it a bit too seriously :P

2 hours ago, HanoiVillan said:

I think I may have just encountered the world's worst newspaper article. It's based on the evergreen concept of 'what questions do people type into Google', and looks at what questions people in other countries supposedly ask about the UK, and then answers them. A representative flavour (there's plenty more at the link):

'Spain: Why do the Brits have bad teeth?

A: Have we? Last time I took mine out of the bedside tooth-glass they looked perfectly regular, clean and white. Our NHS gnashers are second to none. At least we don’t have the bad breath that comes of eating so much chorizo and mountains of paella sloshed down with inferior Rioja.

Canada: Why are the Brits so miserable?

A: Because we were brought up on an unrelieved diet of moaning Leonard Cohen records. He lived so long that his whingeing love-dirges killed the happiness of several generations of fun-loving Brits, who thought it was cool to be heartbroken and dejected. But he’s been dead for more than a year, so people are beginning to cheer up.

Mexico: Why do the Brits love the monarchy?

A: We love the Queen because she isn’t President Corruptese, or President Oilbaron or whatever your current head of state is called. And because Mexicans are so curious about her that they spend millions of pesos, coming to England coming to gape at Buckingham Palace while the Queen is at Balmoral. The cash comes in handy.'

I thought one of our cherished national stereotypes was a sense of humour, but perhaps not. 

I like being British. I look at some other cultures and think **** that. 

1 hour ago, rodders0223 said:

Work's secret Santa.

Obviously annoying but this made me smile as it reminded me of this -

Best secret Santa present I received was a nice scarf, which I still use. The worst was a book depicting the “hilarious antics” of some evil cartoon penguins. I’ve possibly made that sound better than it is. It was shit.

27 minutes ago, Rugeley Villa said:

I like being British. I look at some other cultures and think **** that. 

I think you'll find that most people everywhere are most comfortable in their own culture. But that's no reason to slag off other people's. 

• Like 1

Â