Things that piss you off that shouldn't

AVFCforever1991

2 minutes ago, Seat68 said:

I wanted to remain intact as I saw a report on organ harvesting so that put me against organ donation. If I read it now it wouldn't even register but I was fairly young at the time.

I remember reading up on 'both sides' of the argument 30 years ago whilst in my late teens before I chose to carry a donor card. Three years ago I urged my then 17 year old son to consider reading the facts around donation and a few weeks later he was carrying a donor card and has regularly donated blood ever since, entirely of his own choice of course.

I'm glad you've changed your mind before you were unfortunate enough to be able to donate an organ(s) or need to receive. .:thumb:

I carry an  organ donor card, but I can't give blood, because I'm a massive **** pussy.

It's a great thing to do, and everyone should, but look at the size of the **** needles. If I ever need to be injected with something, I think I'll just refuse treatment and come to terms with the fact that my life is over.

7 minutes ago, Davkaus said:

I carry an  organ donor card, but I can't give blood, because I'm a massive **** pussy.

It's a great thing to do, and everyone should, but look at the size of the **** needles. If I ever need to be injected with something, I think I'll just refuse treatment and come to terms with the fact that my life is over.

I'm the same, but it's not the needles, it's seeing my blood travelling in the tube and into the bag. I think I'd throw up.

Probably a stupid question, but you don't actually have to have the donor card on you do you? I registered years ago, but lord knows where my card is.

Edited by Paddywhack

6 minutes ago, Davkaus said:

:detect: 

I've just read through the current blood donation rules and the size of pussies isn't referenced. Your massive one will be welcomed.

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, Paddywhack said:

Probably a stupid question, but you don't actually have to have the donor card on you do you? I registered years ago, but lord knows where my card is.

To my knowledge, you don't need to carry a card once you have registered as an organ donor. My original 1987 paper card has long since perished but I'm on the register to donate.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, brommy said:

To my knowledge, you don't need to carry a card once you have registered as an organ donor. My original 1987 paper card has long since perished but I'm on the register to donate.

You don't need to carry one but if you do, it speeds up the process if you're unfortunate enough to be considered a potential organ donor.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Davkaus said:

Yeah, I donated a few times until I started feinting. Last time, ( apparently, so says my laughing friend ) I saw the needles on other people and headbutted the bed on the way to feinting, couldn't even lie down properly.

Have since also attended a first aid training course for my work, and duly feinted again when they were talking about pulsing arteries spattering you with blood. God help any bleeding victim if I'm their nearest  first-aider :crylaugh:

Edited by Rodders
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Mozzavfc said:

In todays news article about organ donation being potentially made opt out, there are numerous comments of 'im a donor now but as soon as they change the law im opting out. Its my body'

So why are you a donor now? Just to spite the government?

No, not to spite the government or anybody else.

I'm an organ donor now because it is my choice to be (though frankly, given the likely state of them, I doubt they'd be wanted).

I will be opting out (again, no practical loss really) should the result of the consultation be that there will be a system of presumed consent.

All arguments largely previously covered in this thread nine years ago:

Edited by snowychap

This squabble between Amazon and Google. No more YouTube via the Firestick. I do have a Chromecast, so I can use that, but it's a ballsache having to use different approaches when it used to be so simple and integrated. 

Â