Things that piss you off that shouldn't

AVFCforever1991

I’m a teacher in an independent school and our principal took great delight in sending an email to us all stating that any days we couldn’t make it in due to snow would be unpaid. Absolute mother-****. It’s not so bad for me but I have colleagues who live in the Valleys. I’m not sure what he wants people to do if they can’t even safely make it down to the bottom of their road. No way they should be penalised for that. Or worse, encouraged to take what should be unnecessary risks. 

5 minutes ago, JB said:

I’m a teacher in an independent school and our principal took great delight in sending an email to us all stating that any days we couldn’t make it in due to snow would be unpaid. Absolute mother-****. It’s not so bad for me but I have colleagues who live in the Valleys. I’m not sure what he wants people to do if they can’t even safely make it down to the bottom of their road. No way they should be penalised for that. Or worse, encouraged to take what should be unnecessary risks. 

surely that’s not legal? I’m assuming you’re salaried and not paid hourly or daily

Edited by a m ole

1 hour ago, Stevo985 said:

Just don't have kids. Problem solved.

But then you miss the chance to make every other parent feel bad on Facebook by constantly posting about how your kids are better than everyone else’s 

39 minutes ago, a m ole said:

surely that’s not legal? I’m assuming you’re salaried and not paid hourly or daily

That’s what I thought. The guy is a massive word removed so I’m not surprised. I would definitely have looked into it if it affected me.I doubt he would chase up docking his own pay if he couldn’t make it. 

All staff there are salaried as far as I’m aware. 

7 minutes ago, JB said:

That’s what I thought. The guy is a massive word removed so I’m not surprised. I would definitely have looked into it if it affected me.I doubt he would chase up docking his own pay if he couldn’t make it. 

All staff there are salaried as far as I’m aware. 

My company is not paying people who didn't come in today either

Unless it was taken as dependants leave

Edited by KHV
Edit*

Yes, I won't get paid for those days, and it is a bit shit on the run up to xmas. The thing is, all the office staff will still get paid, as they are salary. One of the lads who works with me will still get paid, because he's the son in law to the gaffer, and he's proper up his arse. You'd think they would still throw us a few quid, but I doubt it. 

I know I'm at fault here for reading it but BBC 'have your say' section

In todays news article about organ donation being potentially made opt out, there are numerous comments of 'im a donor now but as soon as they change the law im opting out. Its my body'

So why are you a donor now? Just to spite the government?! This change to to help more people get the help they need

• Like 2

I was vehemently against organ donation, then I saw on BBC news a family that donated the organs of their baby, I thought if that couple can do that, at their lowest ebb, who am I to say no to something that will have zero effect on me whatsoever. I now carry a donor card and my family are aware of my decision to donate organs.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, Mozzavfc said:

I know I'm at fault here for reading it but BBC 'have your say' section

In todays news article about organ donation being potentially made opt out, there are numerous comments of 'im a donor now but as soon as they change the law im opting out. Its my body'

So why are you a donor now? Just to spite the government?! This change to to help more people get the help they need

The horror that comes with everytime you give in and scroll beyond the end of any article. Those people are f**king idiots.  As long as the option is there to say nope, then both wishes can be respected, which is great, no problems with those who definitely say no. But the default option should be to help more people. 'Once the body is cold, your organs are gold.' etc

10 minutes ago, Seat68 said:

I was vehemently against organ donation, then I saw on BBC news a family that donated the organs of their baby, I thought if that couple can do that, at their lowest ebb, who am I to say no to something that will have zero effect on me whatsoever. I now carry a donor card and my family are aware of my decision to donate organs.

Why were you against it initially if you don't mind me asking?

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Seat68 said:

Why were you 'vehemently against organ donation'?

1 minute ago, brommy said:

Why were you 'vehemently against organ donation'?

I wanted to remain intact as I saw a report on organ harvesting so that put me against organ donation. If I read it now it wouldn't even register but I was fairly young at the time.

The shitty Star Warszzz ads in between my online Scrabble.

Hurry up and get it opened at the cinema so all the middle aged fanbois can have there handjobs, and maybe the ads will finally **** off.

3 minutes ago, rjw63 said:

The shitty Star Warszzz ads in between my online Scrabble.

Hurry up and get it opened at the cinema so all the middle aged fanbois can have there handjobs, and maybe the ads will finally **** off.

It's probably paying for your online scrabble .

Â