Things that piss you off that shouldn't

AVFCforever1991

7 minutes ago, Villan_of_oz said:

Sorry the above post was meant for you @rodders0223

Thanks but I would rather pay more elsewhere. For 18 months all I have had is calls from vodafone asking me to sign up for extra bundles, letters and flyers to sign up for their broadband....non stop...but my account ends and it defaults to an increased price and not a mention to me by email or letter.:)

They are a disgrace. 

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, rodders0223 said:

Thanks but I would rather pay more elsewhere. For 18 months all I have had is calls from vodafone asking me to sign up for extra bundles, letters and flyers to sign up for their broadband....non stop...but my account ends and it defaults to an increased price and not a mention to me by email or letter.:)

They are a disgrace. 

Yep I totally agree mate. The way telcos treat their signed up customers is disgraceful. Over here in oz I'm with a small telco called VAYA. Only contact is via the internet but they are cheap as and despite some bad wraps their customer service as been excellent way better than the big companies. 

Shop around find a good deal, they are out there if you do some research. 

Edited by Villan_of_oz

The genius way those companies structure their phone departments also means the person you're talking to is rarely the area at fault for whatever the complaint is.  Talking to the product dept? "Oh charged for that? That's billing, we don't have that info".  Talking to billing? "Oh that's tech support I can pass you over".  There's never a word removed who can solve everything, and there seems a remarkable disconnect in the info they all have.  Very convenient.

14 hours ago, Stevo985 said:

People who have the arrogance to think that everyone else in a public place wants to listen to THEIR music. 

Use headphones you pricks.

Yes, seems to have become more 'acceptable' and I hate it. Was on a train the other day and two girls were watching youtube clips out loud, really pissed me off.

18 minutes ago, Dr_Pangloss said:

Yes, seems to have become more 'acceptable' and I hate it. Was on a train the other day and two girls were watching youtube clips out loud, really pissed me off.

Whereas I'm embarrassed to be heard talking on the phone in public. I just can't do it. I cup my hand over my mouth and whisper. I'm a bit weird.

• Like 2

25 minutes ago, Dr_Pangloss said:
14 hours ago, Stevo985 said:

People who have the arrogance to think that everyone else in a public place wants to listen to THEIR music.

Use headphones you pricks.

I wonder what the reaction would be if you returned the favour and just left the 2 different noises to battle it out :D  I'm sure any onlookers would 'get' what you were doing.

2 hours ago, BOF said:

The genius way those companies structure their phone departments also means the person you're talking to is rarely the area at fault for whatever the complaint is.  Talking to the product dept? "Oh charged for that? That's billing, we don't have that info".  Talking to billing? "Oh that's tech support I can pass you over".  There's never a word removed who can solve everything, and there seems a remarkable disconnect in the info they all have.  Very convenient.

I suspect the reason for that is because to have people who would be capable of understanding and resolving a wide range of issues and problems would mean having a well trained, well paid workforce.....

But it's  call centre work, which must be soulless...

So they pay low wages to not terribly motivated, not much trained staff who probably jack it in after a bit...

rinse and repeat.

• Like 1

FFS, 7yr old daughter returns from a friends house sporting a bit of a fringe and random bits of hair chopped. 

Allegedly her friend wanted to play hairdressers...

Not impressed at all... 

tempted to invite her friend over and introduce her to the clippers. 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, theboyangel said:

FFS, 7yr old daughter returns from a friends house sporting a bit of a fringe and random bits of hair chopped. 

Allegedly her friend wanted to play hairdressers...

Not impressed at all... 

tempted to invite her friend over and introduce her to the clippers. 

Not good. 

8 minutes ago, Rugeley Villa said:

Not good. 

It's got worse....

after a genuinely polite text to the parents, we get a reply saying the kids were with them at all times so don't know how it happened.

further interrogated daughter and transpires she did it herself and lied about her friend!!!!

fuming at her.... clippers may still make an appearance.

fortunately the text to the parents was polite and since spoken on the phone so all good there.

now banned from the three parties she has lined up over the next few weeks

5 minutes ago, theboyangel said:

It's got worse....

after a genuinely polite text to the parents, we get a reply saying the kids were with them at all times so don't know how it happened.

further interrogated daughter and transpires she did it herself and lied about her friend!!!!

fortunately the text to the parents was polite and since spoken on the phone so all good there.

I understand why you're pissed off, but it's a great story for when she's older.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, theboyangel said:

It's got worse....

Ahh man, don't bag the parties.

10 minutes ago, theboyangel said:

Has to learn not to lie. 

Its not the hair cutting, its that she lied and was quick to blame a friend instead. 

My wife was livid and ready to give the friends parents a round of fxxxx which would've been a tad awkward once the truth came out. 

I'll probably mellow in time for the first party though - at least if she goes she'll have wonky hair!

I agree about the lying! 

Mines (boy) is 2 and he's already learned to tell me he hasn't pooped when he has (who has time for a change when there's playing to be had?!).

I just worry about the social stigma of missing a party because of it being "cos she cut her own hair".

Kids is cruel man.

Man I'm such a pussy LOL.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, theboyangel said:

Has to learn not to lie. 

Its not the hair cutting, its that she lied and was quick to blame a friend instead. 

My wife was livid and ready to give the friends parents a round of fxxxx which would've been a tad awkward once the truth came out. 

I'll probably mellow in time for the first party though - at least if she goes she'll have wonky hair!

I went to like your post until I read the last line. I don't favour retracting punishments. On the very few occasions I thought I had over-punished my two kids, I was always mindful about reducing it against showing inconsistencies. If you really think you've gone over the top, at least see it through past the first party. Then if your daughter doesn't appear to be bothered, see it through to all three partie. If she's upset you can talk it through, reminding her why you considered her behaviour unacceptable, then offer an 'olive branch' for the next two parties.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, lapal_fan said:

I just worry about the social stigma of missing a party because of it being "cos she cut her own hair".

My now 19 and 17 year old kids went to over a hundred kids parties and missed a few as well. I never noticed any stigma over the parties they missed. If there was a small amount I'd have taught my kids not to take any notice. The next party was never more than a couple of weeks away. Kids parties end up being a pain. Even the kids get bored of them after a few years.

• Like 1

Â