Things that piss you off that shouldn't

AVFCforever1991

16 minutes ago, Rugeley Villa said:

People ringing you at silly hours pissed up. Saturday night I had some fool of a work colleague ringing me at 1.50 in the morning to see if I was out, and last night at 2.10 I had another fool ringing me because he fancied a chat. Unreal. 

Turn your phone off. 

2 minutes ago, mjmooney said:

Turn your phone off. 

Don't like doing that. It's only on vibrate at night but it still wakes me up. Luckily I was up last night anyway with the baby, but still, it's the last thing I want at that time in the morning. Hate talking to people when they are pissed as well.

11 hours ago, Phumfeinz said:

What happens if you do underestimate a guy who was born in February and listens to Pink Floyd?

He'll roughly take you from behind.

12 hours ago, Phumfeinz said:

I saw someone wearing a t-shirt that said "Never underestimate a man who listens to Pink Floyd and was born in February".

Just... what? Why is it so oddly specific? What happens if you do underestimate a guy who was born in February and listens to Pink Floyd?

There is a whole bunch of bands and months that  come up on Facebook adverts specifically leeched from your data 

i actually thought what a waste of advertising money , nobody is gonna buy that ... seems I was wrong , at least one person has :)

2 hours ago, Villan_of_oz said:

When you get the hotels playford and Stamford confused. Taken the Mrs out for her birthday. Wanted to the Stamford but got confused. Both nice hotels but the Playford is way more expensive. 

Room more expensive

Parking more expensive

Breakfast more expensive 

So in less than 24 hrs I will be much poorer. 

Shouldn't piss me off cos my Mrs thinks I'm a legend, but it does cos she would've thought I was a legend at the Stamford and I would a had $100+ in my wallet. 

Oh well....

Just as long  as you don't get your Mrs and your girlfriend confused as that will cost you way more than $100 :)

• Like 3

57 minutes ago, tonyh29 said:

Just as long  as you don't get your Mrs and your girlfriend confused as that will cost you way more than $100 :)

No probs there, Mrs is at the playford girlfriend is at the Stamford

2 minutes ago, Rugeley Villa said:

Just incase there is an emergency with someone.

As unlikely as an emergency is, you could use your phone's 'do not disturb' feature. I sometimes work nights and then need to sleep until around midday so my 'do not disturb' will only allow incoming calls from my missus and two kids. They know I'm sleeping and only ring if it's urgent, although in the last 4 years nothing ever has been urgent. Anyone else can leave a message and I'll get back to them when I wake or they can call 999!

• Like 2

12 hours ago, rodders0223 said:

On a work day I can barely drag myself out of bed when the alarm comes at 7:30. On a bank holiday I jump out of bed at 7 fresh as a **** daisy.

7:30 is a lie in mate, 5:35 alarm every day for me. 7:30ish at the weekend when the bambinos are up.

When you come back to work after a bank holiday, and one by one, chatterbox women come in and spend the entire morning either boasting how great / disappointing their weekends were. Good or bad, they can say this in one minute. But as each one comes in, the same stuff being said again and again but expanded upon. 

One, here, has been on a rant since 745, that's a couple of minutes over an hour so far and we have been off what, three days? Debriefing also, to people who dont actually like each other or give a sh--.

It is like a free for all on bullsh-- worsened every time someone comes in, like a fire that's raging then dies down, then... is stoked and flames up again every time someone else adds their verbal kerosene to it

• Like 4

21 minutes ago, Midfielder said:

When you come back to work after a bank holiday, and one by one, chatterbox women come in and spend the entire morning either boasting how great / disappointing their weekends were. Good or bad, they can say this in one minute. But as each one comes in, the same stuff being said again and again but expanded upon. 

One, here, has been on a rant since 745, that's a couple of minutes over an hour so far and we have been off what, three days? Debriefing also, to people who dont actually like each other or give a sh--.

It is like a free for all on bullsh-- worsened every time someone comes in, like a fire that's raging then dies down, then... is stoked and flames up again every time someone else adds their verbal kerosene to it

I don't talk to anyone for a few hours unless I absolutely have to.  It's to avoid all this talking about stuff i care not.

Don't forget,  I am the only english person in the office so it's all in Dutch which unfortunately I can understand perfectly.  It's amazing,  it's only birds and it's still going on today at 10:21 am becasue some of them had the Monday off as well (Monday was not a bank holiday here but last Thursday was so some have 3,4 or 5 days of rubbish to talk about, in Dutch) I wish I had never learnt the language now.  They don't have as many words as english so it can get a bit repetitive.

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, Midfielder said:

Are you overstaffed/ short of work? 

3 minutes ago, Amsterdam_Neil_D said:

I don't talk to anyone for a few hours unless I absolutely have to.  It's to avoid all this talking about stuff i care not.

Don't forget,  I am the only english person in the office so it's all in Dutch which unfortunately I can understand perfectly.  It's amazing,  it's only birds and it's still going on today at 10:21 am becasue some of them had the Monday off as well (Monday was not a bank holiday here but last Thursday was so some have 3,4 or 5 days of rubbish to talk about, in Dutch) I wish I had never learnt the language now.  They don't have as many words as english so it can get a bit repetitive.

Nice in a way to hear the same happens there and that I'm not the only one stuck in that groundhog day. I've heard about six or seven times about little bleeding Angus and the waterslide. He's between about 8-10 years old but i hate the bast--- and its not even his own fault.

• Like 4

Just now, Midfielder said:

He's between about 8-10 years old but i hate the bast--- and its not even his own fault.

Quality :D.  I know what you mean.  When someone else's small child that you have never met pisses you off.  This is the thread for you today mate :-)

2 minutes ago, Midfielder said:

me personally no, them, neither. it is just the way, best to let them let off some steam

I was just hypothesising that they can't be  that busy if, after 3 days off, they can spend over an hour 'gossiping'. 

Just now, Jon said:

I was just hypothesising that they can't be  that busy if, after 3 days off, they can spend over an hour 'gossiping'. 

oh yeah i agree with you, women plus gas... like a new definition of gaseous exchange

• Like 1

Â