Things that piss you off that shouldn't

AVFCforever1991

10 hours ago, maqroll said:

Veterinarians are noting a trend of pet owners purposely injuring their animals so they can get pain killer prescriptions...

It never occurred to me that animals get the same painkillers as us.  Makes sense :)  Here kitty kitty kitty.

On the subject of pets, something that i'm only aware of because my mrs rehomes pets for a living, but there's a huge amount of dogs being brought to this country to be rehomed from all over europe. It sounds like i'm writing an article for the Daily Mail but how about we rehome some of the huge amount that we have have in the UK and Ireland as well as cracking down on puppy farms and irresponsibile breeders. What makes it worse is a lot of these dogs that people have rehomed from abroad (which to be fair these people might have thought they were helping) have now realised their dog isn't suitable for them and its just adding to the dogs in this country that need to be rehomed.

Ireland is the main culprit in illegal dogs.  We've practically no legislation over here, even worse enforcement and as a result dogs are bred indiscriminately.  Dog theft is rife too if you've something remotely purebred, so as to facilitate the breeding.  So, eh, yeah, sorry about all the imports @AlwaysAVFC.  We'll get around to fixing it (probably not).

6 minutes ago, AlwaysAVFC said:

On the subject of pets, something that i'm only aware of because my mrs rehomes pets for a living, but there's a huge amount of dogs being brought to this country to be rehomed from all over europe. It sounds like i'm writing an article for the Daily Mail but how about we rehome some of the huge amount that we have have in the UK and Ireland as well as cracking down on puppy farms and irresponsibile breeders. What makes it worse is a lot of these dogs that people have rehomed from abroad (which to be fair these people might have thought they were helping) have now realised their dog isn't suitable for them and its just adding to the dogs in this country that need to be rehomed.

Ive always been of the impression that apart from the obvious breeds such as staffies we dont actually have a massive homegrown issue so they rehome from europe to fill the spaces. If we only rehomed dogs from the UK our rescue centres would be full of very few types of dog. Totally agree on the puppy farm issue, its disgusting and you would think with some proper targeted enforcement a relatively easy issue to address. The problem will always be though that any dog lover who goes to visit a puppy and realises that the puppy is living in the conditions like puppy farms will instinctively want to save that puppy. Long term it makes the issue worse, but as a nation of dog lovers it a puppy farmers dream. 

10 hours ago, mjmooney said:

Speaking of whom, that Nescafé Gusto ad, with him **** ing about with 'Sitting on the Dock of the Bay' and comparing the result to stupid overengineered plastic coffee capsules. 

Otis Redding doesn't NEED 're-inventing', and neither does coffee. 

The constant unending supply of oxygen to Will.I.am's brain needs a re-think,  a small tweak only,   one could say a re-mix of current supply values and governance in the oxygen supply criteria and deliverable service levels.

• Like 1

Don't get me started on Will.I.Am. Talentless jeb-end who especially can't sing (at least without auto-tune) judging a singing contest. Comes across thick as **** too. Clown.

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, Ginko said:

Don't get me started on Will.I.Am. Talentless jeb-end who especially can't sing (at least without auto-tune) judging a singing contest. Comes across thick as **** too. Clown.

The fact that he calls himself Will I Am is enough to piss me off

• Like 2

On 1/20/2017 at 10:31, BOF said:

Ireland is the main culprit in illegal dogs.  We've practically no legislation over here, even worse enforcement and as a result dogs are bred indiscriminately.  Dog theft is rife too if you've something remotely purebred, so as to facilitate the breeding.  So, eh, yeah, sorry about all the imports @AlwaysAVFC.  We'll get around to fixing it (probably not).

Dags? D'ya like dags?

hqdefault.jpg

(sorry)

• Like 1

Annoyed with myself

I was only popping out for one drink after work last night, show my face at a colleagues birthday drinks. I ended up getting home at 4am. Plus I had no dinner either. 

Today has been a total write off. Felt like death all day and been fighting the urge to chunder since lunchtime  and I know I won't feel right until tomorrow. That's a precious weekend day gone.

On 1/20/2017 at 10:24, AlwaysAVFC said:

Bloody foreign dogs, coming over 'ere, taking over our kennels and eating or Pedigree Chum! 

4 minutes ago, Xela said:

Annoyed with myself

I was only popping out for one drink after work last night, show my face at a colleagues birthday drinks. I ended up getting home at 4am. Plus I had no dinner either. 

Today has been a total write off. Felt like death all day and been fighting the urge to chunder since lunchtime  and I know I won't feel right until tomorrow. That's a precious weekend day gone.

Been there so many times. Saturday your dying and Sunday you still feel groggy. You then wake up Monday feeling tired and pissed off because you've wasted your weekend. 

1 hour ago, Rugeley Villa said:

Been there so many times. Saturday your dying and Sunday you still feel groggy. You then wake up Monday feeling tired and pissed off because you've wasted your weekend. 

Exactly that

Might just go to bed now and be done with it! 

11 hours ago, Ginko said:

I hate his music but calling him talentless is pretty ignorant. He's a very accomplished music producer, his own ability to sing has no bearing on his ability to judge it.

He's an absolute fruit loop, but you don't get the success he's had through being 'thick'.

Edited by a m ole

16 hours ago, a m ole said:

I hate his music but calling him talentless is pretty ignorant. He's a very accomplished music producer, his own ability to sing has no bearing on his ability to judge it.

He's an absolute fruit loop, but you don't get the success he's had through being 'thick'.

Agree to disagree, plenty of celebrities achieve success despite being stupid. I also think most of the music he produces is utter cack despite it being popular, so I do think he's talentless. Obviously some people think success is relative to talent, I personally don't.

Edited by Ginko
  • Like 2

52 minutes ago, Ginko said:

Agree to disagree, plenty of celebrities achieve success despite being stupid. I also think most of the music he produces is utter cack despite it being popular, so I do think he's talentless. Obviously some people think success is relevant to talent, I personally don't.

and obviously some people think talent is relevant to individual taste, I personally don't!

He's not a reality TV star who is famous for being an idiot on TV. Whether you like the music or not, it's a talent to be able to produce music. Could you master an album? No.

Edited by a m ole
  • Like 1

Â