Things that piss you off that shouldn't

AVFCforever1991

3 minutes ago, Paddywhack said:

Argh some people! Driving home I saw a woman with two kids crossing a busy road, a boy about 6 and a girl about 3 or 4. She had both hands on her phone giving it her full attention, just looking up every now and then to see if she could go. When she could, she crossed, but didn't indicate anything to the kids, just crossed the road still looking at her phone, the kids following her.

She then stopped in that bit in the middle of the road but the little girl carried on walking in to my side of the road and what would have been my bumper if I hadn't seen it happening a mile off.

The Mom (I'm assuming it was their mom) then shouted at the girl for going (as if she's been taught any kind of road safety), but whilst telling her off, she STILL didn't take eyes off her phone, STILL didn't grab the girl's hand. The little girl looked absolutely bemused and upset.

I don't want to overact but in that moment I wanted the whole world to be nuked.

It's an all too common occurrence lately. Lost count of the amount of times i've seen similar incidents and on one occasion I had a very near miss with a mom with pushchair and a toddler whose attention was elsewhere.

Drives me bloody mad tbh and it's the kids I feel the most sorry for.

• Like 1

You ever had that when someone is pushing a pushchair and trying to cross the road. They'll be like peering round a bus or something to see the traffic, but by doing so they're pushing the pram out into the road.

Maniacs.

• Like 2

I had one where a distracted baby-factory was trying to usher about 4 of her spawn across a pedestrian crossing where her crossing light was red.  I was turning left and I had a green left filter.  I could see that she was probably going to attempt to cross my half of the road because she had already crossed the first half on a red (there was a large area in the middle of the road where they could easily wait for a safe time to cross).  I went to go because I had right of way and there was traffic behind me, but I was ready for it.  Sure enough out she comes, I stop in plenty of time, but not soon enough that her and her ill-rared pups start gesticulating with various middle fingers and profanity.  Me looking at their red light and smirking at how expertly and immediately her kids could flip someone off.

Some kids really get the shitty end of the parenting stick.

• Like 2

Went for a coffee with the missus this morn. We sat down with her drinks and she decided to use the toilet, so she gets up and walks to the toilet doors. The cafe (M&S) is packed with old ladies, one jumps up and grabs the chair my missus was in and pulls it over. She says something to her friend about another one of their friends arriving soon, so she is glad a chair become available.

Worst thing about the Isle of Wight? Rude UKIP and Brexit voting old people.

4 minutes ago, DK82 said:

Went for a coffee with the missus this morn. We sat down with her drinks and she decided to use the toilet, so she gets up and walks to the toilet doors. The cafe (M&S) is packed with old ladies, one jumps up and grabs the chair my missus was in and pulls it over. She says something to her friend about another one of their friends arriving soon, so she is glad a chair become available.

Worst thing about the Isle of Wight? Rude UKIP and Brexit voting old people.

I hope you grabbed it back?

• Like 1

3 days stuck in the house and I'm going bonkers. I'm that bored I'm currently listening to old Craig David songs while watching Youtube videos of the Oldham Athletic cup run in 1990.

I think a mercy killing may be in order. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Xela said:

3 days stuck in the house and I'm going bonkers. I'm that bored I'm currently listening to old Craig David songs while watching Youtube videos of the Oldham Athletic cup run in 1990.

I think a mercy killing may be in order. 

Do it, I'd win the deadpool thread.

Let's face it, your life is a crisis management situation anyway, may as well end it sooner rather than later.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Davkaus said:

I can't imagine being bored at home...

Normally I'm ok, but as I'm ill,  just feel restless. I watch TV, I sleep, I post on here, ad infinitum. I just need fresh air and human contact. 

8 minutes ago, Rugeley Villa said:

That's probably the worst thing I've ever read on VT

Who knew I would be the one to take it too far!

• Like 3

48 minutes ago, Rugeley Villa said:

That's probably the worst thing I've ever read on VT

I've gone even further.

Currently listening to current chart music 

Â