Things that piss you off that shouldn't

AVFCforever1991

On 13 January 2017 at 16:55, Davkaus said:

I'm not sure if I'm way out of touch with public opinion, or if it's just really out of proportion for news sites to have a big 'breaking news' banner and the BBC app to vibrate and give me an alert because the guy who used to take photos has died.

Death these days seems way more important than it used to be. Every other week they are having a minutes silence/applause at the footy.

6 minutes ago, Rugeley Villa said:

And it never tastes the same as proper street food.

For me, it's not the taste that's the problem, it's the price. 

A bowl of pho cost about 60p in Hanoi. It's £8 in Grand Central. It'd probably be pretty nice, but I can't pay that on principle. 

2 minutes ago, HanoiVillan said:

A bowl of pho cost about 60p in Hanoi. It's £8 in Grand Central. It'd probably be pretty nice, but I can't pay that on principle. 

You can bet the 60p bowl will be nicer too.

52 minutes ago, Davkaus said:

It turns out things are more expensive when you have to pay western wages and business expenses. Who'd have thought.

Of course. I didn't say it was surprising. 

It's a thing that pisses me off that shouldn't. 

• Like 2

18 hours ago, HanoiVillan said:

Add such words like artisan, rustic or craft to a food's description totally justifies the hike in price. 

Apparently. 

• Like 2

Bump into an old mate of mine Sunday afternoon who I haven't spoke to for over a year. Then today I bump into his brother in the shop who I haven't spoke to for maybe 2 years. Then as soon as I walk out of the shop there is another mate of mine who I haven't seen since last summer. They all have two things in common. Wolves fans and all had smiles like a Cheshire Cat. Dog head clearings in the woods .

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Paddywhack said:

I think I've inherited something terrible from my father, something I'm going to struggle to forgive him for. I can no longer eat stuffing. 

His stuffing eating days are long gone, but to this day he speaks fondly of those early years. Growing up, I'd heard the rumours about his chicken dinner dilemma and his resulting transition into an exploding blob of gas, but I always passed them off as hearsay and legend.

As the years passed, I noticed small changes with my own bowel movements after a bit of sage and onion, but nothing too concerning; the odd rumble or unexpected parp.

Present day and I need no further proof that I am my father's son. Last night, my poor wife had to sleep in the spare room and I'm not sure the cat will ever sit on my lap again. Next door's baby was up all night crying and I feel I may be responsible. This morning at work has been a write off and I'm scared to get back in my car at 5pm.

So that's it, my stuffing days are over. Sunday dinners won't be the same without you x

No y'see you're looking at this all wrong.  What you've got there is an excellent party piece.  I say 'party piece', what I mean is you've a hilarious (to you) weapon to unleash on those parties you don't want to be at, or wedding ceremonies, christenings, interminable garden parties etc.  You know how to use it, so use it.  You just need to work out its gestation period for maximum effect.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, BOF said:

No y'see you're looking at this all wrong.  What you've got there is an excellent party piece.  I say 'party piece', what I mean is you've a hilarious (to you) weapon to unleash on those parties you don't want to be at, or wedding ceremonies, christenings, interminable garden parties etc.  You know how to use it, so use it.  You just need to work out its gestation period for maximum effect.

My word, you're right! I just need to learn to harness and control my power.

*cue training montage*

Edited by Paddywhack

Â