• limpid

Just visiting?   27/12/16

Please click "Sign Up" and login to use the full functionality of the site.
theunderstudy

Things that piss you off that shouldn't

55,558 posts in this topic

Posted

8 minutes ago, Xann said:

New carpet yesterday.

She got given ONE instruction.

Cat 6 cable to run from the hub, under the carpet, under the door to the connected devices.

Did it happen?

:angry:

Then carpet comes up.  Lesson learned.

Posted

26 minutes ago, BOF said:

Then carpet comes up.  Lesson learned.

I went to get the pry bar. She freaked out.

Apparently the carpet was glued at the edges and hit with a magic shovel(?).

If it becomes an inconvenience, it'll be coming up.

Posted

Just now, Xann said:

I went to get the pry bar. She freaked out.

Carpet.  Comes.  Up.

Simply remind her whose fault it is :thumb: That should resolve all remaining issues :trollface:

2 people like this

Posted (edited)

saw a bit of click bait on Facebook with the headline "Martin Kemps storms off just minutes into talent show"

for reasons I'll never fully fathom I clicked it and it links to this story on the Daily Express

which goes on about how Kemp didn't take the joke well , got out of his seat and began to walk away ..and was begged to sit down

watch the video  , it doesn't take long I promise and see if you can spot the difference  (hence why It pisses me off  (I followed the link ), and it shouldn't (cause I really shouldn't have given a flying monkeys about the article / show )

Edited by tonyh29
1 person likes this

Posted

11 minutes ago, tonyh29 said:

saw a bit of click bait on Facebook with the headline "Martin Kemps storms off just minutes into talent show"

for reasons I'll never fully fathom I clicked it and it links to this story on the Daily Express

which goes on about how Kemp didn't take the joke well , got out of his seat and began to walk away ..and was begged to sit down

watch the video  , it doesn't take long I promise and see if you can spot the difference  (hence why It pisses me off  (I followed the link ), and it shouldn't (cause I really shouldn't have given a flying monkeys about the article / show )

**** hell

Posted

1 hour ago, tonyh29 said:

That's ridiculous. I was hoping to see chairs thrown.. 

Posted

I can't see the video but read the article.

I'm guessing it was all done in totally good humour, Kemp wasn't angry in the slightest and the Express have spun it to make it sound like he was?

1 person likes this

Posted

5 hours ago, Xann said:

New carpet yesterday.

Cat 6 cable to run from the hub, under the carpet, under the door to the connected devices.

Did it happen?

Did it ****

Posted

I've read about women going back to work and basically working for nothing as their childcare eats up their wages. I think they do it to keep themself sane and also get them back out  in the working environment. I also know a couple of women who are not expected to work and stay at home tending to the house and kids whilst their bloke goes out to work.

Posted

7 hours ago, Xann said:

New carpet yesterday.

Did it happen?

Could have been worse I suppose, if you had 6 cats that is.

"Where's Timmy the kitten" and the resulting fallout and recriminations.

Posted

Alexander Armstrong. I like Pointless, and Richard Osman seems like an OK bloke. But Armstrong, what a smug rocket polisher. And his shit singing career. But most of all, the fact that he insists on being called - not Alec or Alex - but 'Zahnder'. clearing in the woods. 

2 people like this

Posted

1 minute ago, mjmooney said:

Alexander Armstrong. I like Pointless, and Richard Osman seems like an OK bloke. But Armstrong, what a smug rocket polisher. And his shit singing career. But most of all, the fact that he insists on being called - not Alec or Alex - but 'Zahnder'. clearing in the woods. 

Oddly I saw Osman on Taskmaster and it put me off him. He gave up tasks ridiculously quickly and didn't seem to want to join in the fun. 

Posted

4 minutes ago, mjmooney said:

Asparagus to nothing but his old sidekick Miller used to go out with Rachel Weisz. Lucky bugger.

Posted

8 hours ago, Xann said:

New carpet yesterday.

Did it happen?

Trusting a woman with cabling is akin to trusting the financial security of a nation to George Osborne. Pretty mental that. 

1 person likes this

Posted

24 minutes ago, Seat68 said:

Oddly I saw Osman on Taskmaster and it put me off him. He gave up tasks ridiculously quickly and didn't seem to want to join in the fun. 

Yeah Richard Osman on anything other than Pointless I find irritating.  Much more smug than Alexander Armstrong.  I've never had a problem with Armstrong, he is always one of the best presenters on Have I Got News For You and I think he knows his singing is laughably shit.  So basically 9/10 WB.

2 people like this

Posted

Toilet shenanigans again today.  I went to go for a dump and there was the deputy manager putting loads of 'Damaged, do not use' tape over one of the cubicles.  Turned out someone had ripped out the toilet and lent it on its side.  **** knows who, how or why, but there was bog water everywhere and it stank terribly.  It can't have been accident, surely.  Some people must really hate work.

Posted

1 minute ago, sharkyvilla said:

Toilet shenanigans again today.  I went to go for a dump and there was the deputy manager putting loads of 'Damaged, do not use' tape over one of the cubicles.  Turned out someone had ripped out the toilet and lent it on its side.  **** knows who, how or why, but there was bog water everywhere and it stank terribly.  It can't have been accident, surely.  Some people must really hate work.

Do you work in a prison?

4 people like this

Posted

Or possibly the gorilla enclosure at a zoo?

3 people like this

Posted

No but it makes you think of scenarios and candidates.  There are a few that belong in a zoo or prison that could have done it I suppose but I struggle to think how.  Whether someone took a tumble and landed on it, then did a runner, or had an incredibly serious case of the shits, which seems unlikely.  Must have been someone with a bit of power that lost their temper.