Things that piss you off that shouldn't

AVFCforever1991

7 hours ago, Xann said:

New carpet yesterday.

She got given ONE instruction.

Cat 6 cable to run from the hub, under the carpet, under the door to the connected devices.

Did it happen?

:angry:

Could have been worse I suppose, if you had 6 cats that is.

"Where's Timmy the kitten" and the resulting fallout and recriminations.

Alexander Armstrong. I like Pointless, and Richard Osman seems like an OK bloke. But Armstrong, what a smug rocket polisher. And his shit singing career. But most of all, the fact that he insists on being called - not Alec or Alex - but 'Zahnder'. clearing in the woods. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, mjmooney said:

Alexander Armstrong. I like Pointless, and Richard Osman seems like an OK bloke. But Armstrong, what a smug rocket polisher. And his shit singing career. But most of all, the fact that he insists on being called - not Alec or Alex - but 'Zahnder'. clearing in the woods. 

Oddly I saw Osman on Taskmaster and it put me off him. He gave up tasks ridiculously quickly and didn't seem to want to join in the fun. 

4 minutes ago, mjmooney said:

Asparagus to nothing but his old sidekick Miller used to go out with Rachel Weisz. Lucky bugger.

8 hours ago, Xann said:

New carpet yesterday.

She got given ONE instruction.

Cat 6 cable to run from the hub, under the carpet, under the door to the connected devices.

Did it happen?

:angry:

Trusting a woman with cabling is akin to trusting the financial security of a nation to George Osborne. Pretty mental that. 

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, Seat68 said:

Oddly I saw Osman on Taskmaster and it put me off him. He gave up tasks ridiculously quickly and didn't seem to want to join in the fun. 

Yeah Richard Osman on anything other than Pointless I find irritating.  Much more smug than Alexander Armstrong.  I've never had a problem with Armstrong, he is always one of the best presenters on Have I Got News For You and I think he knows his singing is laughably shit.  So basically 9/10 WB.

• Like 2

Toilet shenanigans again today.  I went to go for a dump and there was the deputy manager putting loads of 'Damaged, do not use' tape over one of the cubicles.  Turned out someone had ripped out the toilet and lent it on its side.  **** knows who, how or why, but there was bog water everywhere and it stank terribly.  It can't have been accident, surely.  Some people must really hate work.

1 minute ago, sharkyvilla said:

Toilet shenanigans again today.  I went to go for a dump and there was the deputy manager putting loads of 'Damaged, do not use' tape over one of the cubicles.  Turned out someone had ripped out the toilet and lent it on its side.  **** knows who, how or why, but there was bog water everywhere and it stank terribly.  It can't have been accident, surely.  Some people must really hate work.

Do you work in a prison?

• Like 4

No but it makes you think of scenarios and candidates.  There are a few that belong in a zoo or prison that could have done it I suppose but I struggle to think how.  Whether someone took a tumble and landed on it, then did a runner, or had an incredibly serious case of the shits, which seems unlikely.  Must have been someone with a bit of power that lost their temper.

52 minutes ago, sharkyvilla said:

Yeah Richard Osman on anything other than Pointless I find irritating.  Much more smug than Alexander Armstrong.  I've never had a problem with Armstrong, he is always one of the best presenters on Have I Got News For You and I think he knows his singing is laughably shit.  So basically 9/10 WB.

Yes, yes, but.

'Zahnder'. 

Come ON. 

Can't take all this Armstrong and Osman hate! :( 

When me and my ex housemate go on Pointless, and 'Xander asks us what we're going to do with the money if we win the jackpot, we're going to tell them we're taking them on the piss after the show. 

Edited by dAVe80
  • Like 3

1 hour ago, mjmooney said:

Someone I know had a baby, I asked what he would be called, she said "Edward, but known as Teddy". 

Really pissed me off, I always refer to him a Edward because I personally think he should decide what he's known as.

It also smacks of trying to come across as posh which certainly isn't the case...

Edited by Genie

9 hours ago, dAVe80 said:

Can't take all this Armstrong and Osman hate! :( 

When me and my ex housemate go on Pointless, and 'Xander asks us what we're going to do with the money if we win the jackpot, we're going to tell them we're taking them on the piss after the show. 

Love Pointless and like Alexander Armstrong, I like Osman on Pointless. He even seems entertaining on twitter.

• Like 2

I've never liked Osman since I found out that laptop he uses on the show is fake. Doesn't even turn on

As for Armstrong, I saw an advert for his album and I honestly thought it was a joke. I was waiting for the ending to be one of those Lotto adverts, but it never happened :D

Edited by Stevo985

11 hours ago, HanoiVillan said:

Or possibly the gorilla enclosure at a zoo?

That just gave me the image of a gorilla enclosure with a toilet cubicle, which due to zoo cuts was for the purpose of the keepers and gorillas.

Now I'm thinking about all the hilarious situations that would occur; gorillas crossing their legs, banging on the door. Gorillas throwing shit at the crowd from inside the cubicle. Keepers getting annoyed the toilet roll has been chewed.

And the name for the sitcom would be...hmm.."Monkey Business" or "Ape Shit"

• Like 3

7 minutes ago, Paddywhack said:

That just gave me the image of a gorilla enclosure with a toilet cubicle, which due to zoo cuts was for the purpose of the keepers and gorillas.

Now I'm thinking about all the hilarious situations that would occur; gorillas crossing their legs, banging on the door. Gorillas throwing shit at the crowd from inside the cubicle. Keepers getting annoyed the toilet roll has been chewed.

And the name for the sitcom would be...hmm.."Monkey Business" or "Ape Shit"

Gorillas aren't monkeys so you'd have to go with the latter ;)

• Like 1

Â