Things that piss you off that shouldn't

AVFCforever1991

37 minutes ago, dAVe80 said:

I just read an email that was signed off with the phrase, "Team work makes the dream work"

:puke:

I trust that your reply was just this gif.

TIVp2.gif

• Like 3

55 minutes ago, Phumfeinz said:

I got an invite to do a phone interview on Friday, they asked me if I'd prefer to do it in the morning or afternoon. I opted for morning to show them that I'm not some layabout who sleeps in all day, expecting a reasonable time like 10:00-11:00.

"Ok, we'll give you a call at 8:30 then"

What the heck, who does interviews at 8:30? <_<

Everyone?

8:30 isn't early.

1 hour ago, Phumfeinz said:

I got an invite to do a phone interview on Friday, they asked me if I'd prefer to do it in the morning or afternoon. I opted for morning to show them that I'm not some layabout who sleeps in all day, expecting a reasonable time like 10:00-11:00.

"Ok, we'll give you a call at 8:30 then"

What the heck, who does interviews at 8:30? <_<

By 8:30 i'm three quarters of the way through my first lesson.

#lazygoodfornothingteachers

• Like 1

Definitely something that shouldn't piss me off me off. Journeymen.

Footballers who just travel about seeing out short contracts or getting sold after a year, not building an affiliation with any particular club, making 30 odd appearances for every other club in the league. Perhaps it's not always their choice and they go where the money or first team football is, but meh, it annoys me.

It was Ian Ormondroyd in the Villa v Barnet thread that reminded me of it. Craig Bellamy <_<.

Edited by Paddywhack

My office is directly above the canteen.  I get a faint whiff of grub coming through the floor at lunch time.  This wouldn't be so bad if the smell wasn't exactly what I'd expect microwaving filthy wet socks to smell like.

38 minutes ago, BOF said:

My office is directly above the canteen.  I get a faint whiff of grub coming through the floor at lunch time.  This wouldn't be so bad if the smell wasn't exactly what I'd expect microwaving filthy wet socks to smell like.

Dinner's ready!

Image result for eating a sock

• Like 2

45 minutes ago, Paddywhack said:

Dinner's ready!

Image result for eating a sock

I don't know about you but if I asked for microwaved wet sock and someone served me BBQ wet sock they wouldn't be getting a tip from me at the end of the night

• Like 3

29 minutes ago, tonyh29 said:

I don't know about you but if I asked for microwaved wet sock and someone served me BBQ wet sock they wouldn't be getting a tip from me at the end of the night

That's very tight. Even if they gave you ankle warning?

• Like 3

34 minutes ago, BOF said:

That's very tight. Even if they gave you ankle warning?

I'm going to pretend I never saw this and carry on with my happy life    ...

shakes head and mutters to self

I drag myself out of bed most mornings about 8.30am. I'll then doss about for an hour, extol the virtues of Gabriel Agonlahor for a bit, grab a coffee, maybe have a wank. Shit, shave, shower and I'm ready to rock by 10am. 

I function better when left to wake naturally and get into the day at my own pace. 9 till 5? **** that, 10 till 4 and you're getting the best of me. Regimented days piss me off. You must be at ze checkpoint at ze allocated time! Schnell! 

Though I guess it only works if you have a vested interest in what you do, and I imagine that most people don't. 

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, dont_do_it_doug. said:

I drag myself out of bed most mornings about 8.30am. I'll then doss about for an hour, extol the virtues of Gabriel Agonlahor for a bit, grab a coffee, maybe have a wank. Shit, shave, shower and I'm ready to rock by 10am. 

I function better when left to wake naturally and get into the day at my own pace. 9 till 5? **** that, 10 till 4 and you're getting the best of me. Regimented days piss me off. You must be at ze checkpoint at ze allocated time! Schnell! 

Though I guess it only works if you have a vested interest in what you do, and I imagine that most people don't. 

Living the dream...

I wish my job operated that way. I'd work so much better like that. 8:30 - 5:30 is stupid. 

Edited by PieFacE

18 minutes ago, PieFacE said:

Living the dream...

I wish my job operated that way. I'd work so much better like that. 8:30 - 5:30 is stupid. 

Exactly. You'd get much more done too I imagine? Don't get me wrong, some days I have to work till 7/8/9 o'clock at night. It's the nature of the beast.

8.30 to 5.30 and I bet they deduct an hour for lunch which you never actually take. 

What kind of daft word removed needs an hour for lunch anyway, I'd be falling asleep by the end. Building sites piss me off in that regard - 15 minute morning tea break, an hour for lunch, probably another tea break in the afternoon and shit all get's done while they're dunking their hob-nobs. Ridiculous places. 

Edited by dont_do_it_doug.

32 minutes ago, dont_do_it_doug. said:

Exactly. You'd get much more done too I imagine? Don't get me wrong, some days I have to work till 7/8/9 o'clock at night. It's the nature of the beast.

8.30 to 5.30 and I bet they deduct an hour for lunch which you never actually take. 

What kind of daft word removed needs an hour for lunch anyway, I'd be falling asleep by the end. Building sites piss me off in that regard - 15 minute morning tea break, an hour for lunch, probably another tea break in the afternoon and shit all get's done while they're dunking their hob-nobs. Ridiculous places. 

I work on building sites and each day varies. Yesterday we didn't have a break and worked from 8-4 in the wind and rain all day. Today we had half hour once we got on site because it was too dark to start, then had 45 minutes for breakfast, 45 minutes dinner then came down off the roof at 3. We still covered the work today even though we took it easy ish. Must admit I hate set times regarding starting and finishing work.

Â