Things that piss you off that shouldn't

AVFCforever1991

This doesn't really piss me off but I guess this is the best place for it all the same.

The missus cooked our meal tonight mostly in the new dual air fryer

On one side she was cooking the fishcakes on the other sweet potato wedges

So she peels and cuts the sweet pots and then puts them in a glass bowl and it just baffles me why she does this, it serves no function whatsoever. Either leave them on the chopping board or put them in the air fryer

Next she puts on the fishcakes and five minutes later she goes back to put on the wedges, transfering them from the utterly pointless bowl, into the air fryer and starts cooking them.

One of the selling points of the airfryer is that you can put on two different things that require two different cooking times on at the same time by using the sync function and it will start the quicker cooking side at the appropriate time so they both finish at the same time

Just baffles me how she creates extra work for herself for no good reason

• Like 1

On 30/01/2023 at 15:44, lapal_fan said:

I hand on heart, swear to Jesus didn't know a penis could shrink as much as mine did during that Op.

Which was great for the nurses because it only took half of them to anchor it down and saved the NHS 6 salaries for 15 mins.

That's a joke about having a big knob and it taking 12 nurses to hold it.

When in actual fact it took a tiny bit of surgical tape to stick it to my abdomen.  

Which was really annoying because I kept getting it stuck under my chin.

That was another joke, it went to about 1/2 inch in length :lol:

The smell of burning testicles was unusual though.  Not entirely unpleasant. 

Sounds like jokes about a small knob to me. Only 12 nurses and only stuck under your chin? Pfft. 

5 hours ago, bickster said:

...  So she peels and cuts the sweet pots and then puts them in a glass bowl and it just baffles me why she does this, it serves no function whatsoever. Either leave them on the chopping board or put them in the air fryer

... Just baffles me how she creates extra work for herself for no good reason

And according to the prophecy, one day I would come upon someone whose sense of logic in the kitchen was precisely the same as mine, and now I know, today is that day.

giphy.gif

• Haha 1

10 hours ago, bickster said:

This doesn't really piss me off but I guess this is the best place for it all the same.

So she peels and cuts the sweet pots and then puts them in a glass bowl and it just baffles me why she does this, it serves no function whatsoever. Either leave them on the chopping board or put them in the air fryer

Next she puts on the fishcakes and five minutes later she goes back to put on the wedges, transfering them from the utterly pointless bowl, into the air fryer and starts cooking them.

One of the selling points of the airfryer is that you can put on two different things that require two different cooking times on at the same time by using the sync function and it will start the quicker cooking side at the appropriate time so they both finish at the same time

Maybe inspired by those cooking shows where everything comes from a little bowl already, even the salt and pepper?

Like yeah you can cook this dinner in 15 minutes, excluding the half hour prep time and leaving the kitchen looking like a blast zone afterwards. Nice one.

• Like 1

The best version of my daughter is when my grandson isn't here, and the best version of my grandson is when my daughter isn't here. Here being the family home, my daughter lives here and my grandson lives here every other week. Now my daughter feels guilt at splitting up with her partner and so becomes my grandsons friend, and not a parent, its a distinct change and its irritating, me and my wife have to do the parenting, the reading, the homework, getting ready, all of that. My daughter pretty much has her life together, and does all of the art stuff, the fun shit, but not the mundane but needs to be done stuff. Now when his mum isn't around, my grandson is awesome, well behaved, doesn't take the piss, does everything first time, polite, funny, The chosen one! He changes when his mum is around and knows he can, will, and does, take the piss. So yeah, that pisses me off.

• Like 2

12 hours ago, bickster said:

You sure she was not using the bowl to introduce a little oil to the pots? I know air fryers (I love mine) cut down a lot on oil, but if you want them extra crispy you can coat them in a little oil. 

The sync thing makes no sense, I agree. 

On a side note, tell her to get an Instant Pot (combined pressure cooker, rice cooker, everything cooker). It's literally changed my life. I can get real cheap cuts of meat now, and in less than an hour they are falling off the bone.  

Edited by HKP90

20 minutes ago, HKP90 said:

You sure she was not using the bowl to introduce a little oil to the pots? I know air fryers (I love mine) cut down a lot on oil, but if you want them extra crispy you can coat them in a little oil. 

The sync thing makes no sense, I agree. 

On a side note, tell her to get an Instant Pot (combined pressure cooker, rice cooker, everything cooker). It's literally changed my life. I can get real cheap cuts of meat now, and in less than an hour they are falling off the bone.  

She won't hve anything to do with a Pressure cooker, she believes they are the work of the devil.

And no, there wasn't any oil

5 minutes ago, bickster said:

She won't hve anything to do with a Pressure cooker, she believes they are the work of the devil.

And no, there wasn't any oil

Very strange then. 

My wife refuses to use a dishwasher. We inherited one when we moved out but she'd rather we both wash up for hours at a time. I use the dishwasher.

19 minutes ago, HKP90 said:

Very strange then. 

My wife refuses to use a dishwasher. We inherited one when we moved out but she'd rather we both wash up for hours at a time. I use the dishwasher.

212b3339412851ee1dc9ab2dc9e8d8e4.png

• Haha 3

57 minutes ago, HKP90 said:

Very strange then. 

Our dishwasher broke, now its me.

• Sad 1

16 minutes ago, JoshVilla said:

I swear that Yorkshire Tea teabags aren't as strong as the used to be. I normally have the whole "separating teabags" business down to a tee (lol), but I've ripped 3 of the bastards this week.

The last box I had, about 10 of them were unusable as the bags split. You may be right

On the theme of food and doing my head in, why do restaurants put the beans/chips in separate cups and then place them on your plate next to the other parts of the meal. The cups base has probably been sitting on some dirty surface and then introduced to your eating surface, the plate !

What purpose does it serve? 

• Like 1

Just now, tinker said:

On the theme of food and doing my head in, why do restaurants put the beans/chips in separate cups and then place them on your plate next to the other parts of the meal. The cups base has probably been sitting on some dirty surface and then introduced to your eating surface, the plate !

Pleasing words removed from Little Aston in their grey sweatpants ;) 

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, tinker said:

If I allow Mrs Sidcow to get to a take away carton such as Curry or a Chinese, she places them in top of the plate for reasons I cannot fathom. 

I do always wonder where they've been stood awaiting filling and packing. 

Probably my fault for buying food from rat infested hell holes. 

Edited by sidcow

Â