Things that piss you off that shouldn't

AVFCforever1991

14 minutes ago, Seat68 said:

In my train commuting days with a season ticket, I put in delay claims almost every day. Once at my desk each morning the claim would go in. 

Blimey this didn't exist in my train commuting days. Jammy bastards. 

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, The Fun Factory said:

The fact we are 18 months into a global pandemic and some people still can't seem to wear a mask properly. 

Old people. Almost universal, mask over the mouth, but not the nose. It's all I can do not to shout at them "You may as well not bother!" 

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Stevo985 said:

One of my absolute pet hates is people who think "sending an email" is completing an action.

"I sent an email so if they haven't done it it's there fault"

So send them another **** email. Or call them. Or text them. Or send them an IM. Or walk to their office and ask them.

I disagree, depending on what it is.

If I e-mail one of my team to ask them to do something, I'm not going to check in on them to make sure they've done it (unless it's particularly urgent).  I've sent them an e-mail asking them to do something and that's sufficient.

38 minutes ago, bobzy said:

I disagree, depending on what it is.

If I e-mail one of my team to ask them to do something, I'm not going to check in on them to make sure they've done it (unless it's particularly urgent).  I've sent them an e-mail asking them to do something and that's sufficient.

Nah. If it's your action, that's not good enough imo.

Your responsibility is to make sure that's done. Fair enough it might be their fault, but if it's your action you should be following that up.

The amount of times I'm running a meeting and someone's action is, I don't know, "Make sure prices are corrected in SAP". And the answer I get is "well I sent that team an email asking them to do it but I haven't heard anything back" winds me up.
**** call them and make sure they've done it. Or get a reason why they haven't done it.

• Like 2

VTers that, when writing a post, put the phrase "insert KW jpeg" instead of an actual jpeg of the great man.

Lots of us take the time to search, edit and save such pics, especially @sidcowwho has taken it to a new level, so come on stop being lazy and do the needful. 

(yes I AM that bored today !)

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

42 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

Nah. If it's your action, that's not good enough imo.

Your responsibility is to make sure that's done. Fair enough it might be their fault, but if it's your action you should be following that up.

The amount of times I'm running a meeting and someone's action is, I don't know, "Make sure prices are corrected in SAP". And the answer I get is "well I sent that team an email asking them to do it but I haven't heard anything back" winds me up.
**** call them and make sure they've done it. Or get a reason why they haven't done it.

Oh, different if it's something that I'm meant to do.  If I'm passing the buck, then I'm following up to make sure it's done.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, bobzy said:

Oh, different if it's something that I'm meant to do.  If I'm passing the buck, then I'm following up to make sure it's done.

Exactly.

It's not so much that you're meant to do it, just that it's your responsibility to see it gets done.

I'm in procurement so we have lots of things we have to get from suppliers, like information, or delivery dates etc. The number of times the answer is "Well I emailed the supplier but they haven't got back to me"

Edited by Stevo985

37 minutes ago, mottaloo said:

VTers that, when writing a post, put the phrase "insert KW jpeg" instead of an actual jpeg of the great man.

Lots of us take the time to search, edit and save such pics, especially @sidcowwho has taken it to a new level, so come on stop being lazy and do the needful. 

(yes I AM that bored today !)

image.png.26dcf6b352c4215c07bc5dc974505125.png

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, bickster said:

I think we're a little confused here. 

A KW is something awarded to your post by another user. You do not insert them into your own post, that's just rude

Nor should you solicit for a KW as has been suggested in your post, that is bad form in my book

KWs IMO are awarded for the inadvertent double entendre.

Well policed there. @bickster

image.png.6f2777445a6a331f510a6db7aeb13a1c.png

• Haha 2

24 minutes ago, bickster said:

Nor should you solicit for a KW as has been suggested in your post, that is bad form in my book

Nah, that's OK. When I've thought of an idea to solicit for a KW I get so excited I can't put it up quick enough. 

My online savings account crapped out , basically their authentication texts were so delayed that by the time they sent them they had expired and then they locked my account out  . have to call them to get it unlocked

15 mins on hold listening to their We are sorry and someone will be with you soon and then the next song on the hold music was poxy Queen , so I've hung up 

means I've got to go through the whole process again now ....

Â