Things that piss you off that shouldn't

AVFCforever1991

5 minutes ago, mjmooney said:

I wasn't even aware they were playing. 

If it's not Villa I have zero interest. 

I just put football on in the background just to have something on to be honest. Occasionally I catch a worldie or something. 

I find it hard to sit and watch anything start to finish since my kid was born!

Players walking away from the ref when they know damn well he wants a word. He whistles and they just keep walking, he continues to whistle and they keep walking.  Ronaldo just did it.  Ought to be an automatic yellow and upgraded to a red if they're doing it when about to be booked. 

So completely disrespectful. 

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, mjmooney said:

I wasn't even aware they were playing. 

If it's not Villa I have zero interest. 

Tbh even living in this city, as much as I knew was Liverpool were playing today and not because anyone told me or were talking about it, it's just that the supermarket was busy yesterday and the pubs were quiet. Who they were playing, feck knows.

I was taking a piss in some pub in Oxford yesterday afternoon and some bloke was on about the days results to me. I took an interest in the conversation but as soon as he mentioned he was a United fan I lost interest straight away. He got very little out of me then until I managed to get away from him . 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Rugeley Villa said:

I was taking a piss in some pub in Oxford yesterday afternoon and some bloke was on about the days results to me. I took an interest in the conversation but as soon as he mentioned he was a United fan I lost interest straight away. He got very little out of me then until I managed to get away from him . 

They're allowed in the men's toilets now? Wow, you live and learn. 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Rugeley Villa said:

I've told you before about chatting to strange men in pub toilets. Nothing good can happen! 

• Haha 2

29 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

Had a good laugh watching Liverpool spank utd

But now comes the sickening part... All the Liverpool fans from Kidderminster piling in to the WhatsApp groups to take the piss out of the man utd fans from Kidderminster 

Both sets can **** off 

This. I work in Nuneaton and its full of glory hunters for both teams. I wanted Liverpool to batter man ure only cos I know less redscouse rocket polishers than Manc ones.

Still both as obnoxious as each other though. 

On 22/10/2021 at 16:21, foreveryoung said:

When I used to work in the office in a different role, my manager used to Email me all the time about crap that needed doing, as he didn't want to ask me directly. He also only used to send 1 Email and not chase me, I wouldn't mind but he was only in the next office, used to drive me mad. He could send a Email to me, then come in my office and chat to me about random! I actually worked out he did it so he had a paper trail to cover his arse if the big boys were chasing him, so he could say, "look I sent him the Email on this date, he hasn't done it yet"!

One of my absolute pet hates is people who think "sending an email" is completing an action.

"I sent an email so if they haven't done it it's there fault"

So send them another **** email. Or call them. Or text them. Or send them an IM. Or walk to their office and ask them.

• Like 1

Avanti West Coast Delay Repay. It's supposed to be automatic, if a train runs late to refund you. I was on a train that ran late. The on board announcer said "make a claim". So I did, on 28 August. It's supposed to take no more than 28 days. 5 weeks later now't, so I submitted the claim again, referring to the reference number of the original one. Another 4 weeks and I got 2 e mails back. One said "I see you've submitted 2 claims, I'll cancel one", the other in reply to the original claim said "can you tell me the reference number of your claim" - it was even in the title of their reply. So I told them "it's the one in the title of the e mail you've just sent me". Today I've had another reply "I've opened a claim for you, it could take 28 days"....

It's not the delayed train that PMO, nor the delayed repayment, it's the ineptitude of the system/people dealing with it. I mean how hard can it be?

• Like 2

27 minutes ago, blandy said:

Avanti West Coast Delay Repay. It's supposed to be automatic, if a train runs late to refund you. I was on a train that ran late. The on board announcer said "make a claim". So I did, on 28 August. It's supposed to take no more than 28 days. 5 weeks later now't, so I submitted the claim again, referring to the reference number of the original one. Another 4 weeks and I got 2 e mails back. One said "I see you've submitted 2 claims, I'll cancel one", the other in reply to the original claim said "can you tell me the reference number of your claim" - it was even in the title of their reply. So I told them "it's the one in the title of the e mail you've just sent me". Today I've had another reply "I've opened a claim for you, it could take 28 days"....

It's not the delayed train that PMO, nor the delayed repayment, it's the ineptitude of the system/people dealing with it. I mean how hard can it be?

This is a people that don't read the title of an email thing, I get it all the time.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, blandy said:

Sounds like it's working as designed. They bank on it being so long-winded that you won't bother again

7 minutes ago, Mozzavfc said:

Sounds like it's working as designed. They bank on it being so long-winded that you won't bother again

To be fair, I don't think it's that - in the before-times it used to work pretty well. I guess it's pandemic related, or people WFH or something.

Â