Things that piss you off that shouldn't

AVFCforever1991

2 hours ago, bickster said:

Reminds me, councils that zone their city into many quarters. I'm not talking like Brum with the Jewelry Quarter. I'm talking like Liverpool which has taken it to such extremes that one pretty small road in the city centre is in different quarters, half of it is in the "Cavern Quarter" the other half is in the "Rainbow Quarter" (Thats LGBT+), there's also the Georgian Quarter, The Knowledge Quarter, The Fabric Quarter. I might start a petition for the Pier Head area to be known as the Corruption Quarter (Yes the council offices are there) 

Is that a Liverpool Council thing? I often see estate agents down here labelling everything a 'village' to try and make living on a main road seem less shit. Hackney Council haven't started naming things 'quarter'. Yet.

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, Anthony said:

Is that a Liverpool Council thing? I often see estate agents down here labelling everything a 'village' to try and make living on a main road seem less shit. Hackney Council haven't started naming things 'quarter'. Yet.

Well Manchster has a few, Northern Quarter, Green Quarter, Millenium Quarter. They all think thye are Paris

The village thing is something that Sefton Council do. Seaforth Village - it's still a shithole, Aintree Village which is part of Aintree because it pushes the house prices up, also very irritating

3 hours ago, bickster said:

Reminds me, councils that zone their city into many quarters. 

Probably one for the gardening thread, but that Monty Don BBC 'Gardener's World' plot. Fair enough, it's big, and divided into different sections, so they can show you flowers, shrubs, fruit trees, vegetables, etc. But what does he call them? 'The Jewel Garden', 'The Writing Garden', etc. Pretentious git. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, bickster said:

Reminds me, councils that zone their city into many quarters. I'm not talking like Brum with the Jewelry Quarter. I'm talking like Liverpool which has taken it to such extremes that one pretty small road in the city centre is in different quarters, half of it is in the "Cavern Quarter" the other half is in the "Rainbow Quarter" (Thats LGBT+), there's also the Georgian Quarter, The Knowledge Quarter, The Fabric Quarter. I might start a petition for the Pier Head area to be known as the Corruption Quarter (Yes the council offices are there) 

Brum CC are trying to rebrand the north of the city centre (by Aston Uni) as the 'Knowledge Quarter'. If generally described as the Gun Quarter, not due to the high chance of being capped, but all the former gunmakers around there. Brum CC are desperate to avoid that name though. They tried to call it 'St George and St Chad's Quarter'  a few years back which got dropped due to public feedback. 

1 hour ago, Risso said:

*Confused*

How do you pronounce it?

Kwarter

Dunno how to spell it phonetically. But basically there's a w sound at the start after the "k" sound.

quintuplet = kwintuplet

queen = kween

quest = kwest

quarter = kwarter

8 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

Kwarter

Dunno how to spell it phonetically. But basically there's a w sound at the start after the "k" sound.

quintuplet = kwintuplet

queen = kwap

quest = kwest

quarter = kwarter

FTFY

On 08/10/2021 at 04:42, rjw63 said:

Motorway driving.

I always like to leave a two car gap between myself and the vehicle in front. Only you can't, because as soon as you do some lane-swapping spunktrumpet moves into it. **** shitsniffers.

And also when the overhead gantry gives you a speed limit due to heavy traffic, let's say 60mph, why does almost everyone take notice except for the words removed driving BMWs, Audis and **** Range Rovers?

Automated cars cannot come soon enough. Just tell the app on your phone where you want to be and when - a car shows up and picks you up. Read, look out window or go to sleep until you arrive - all without having to deal with other peoples egos/aggression/mental illness behind the wheel.

I drive to work along back roads to avoid the motorways. Absolute cretin right up my arse all the way home tonight. I slowed down to about 15 miles an hour to annoy him - wish I had that Bond car with guns in the exhaust.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

On 12/10/2021 at 14:27, Davkaus said:

I can understand the frustration for people on the other end of it, but I don't blame them for striking.

I wouldn't blame them if they hadn't been sitting on their behinds getting paid for it during lockdowns.  If the extra test per day that their getting asked to do is for a limited period of say 9 months then they are indeed rocket polishers of the highest order.

Anyway going back to tests, I had mine at 8:30 in the morning and managed to drive the grand total of 2 miles due to some severe congestion f**keries.  The examiner said "I think I'm going have to pass you" but you could tell by the way he was shaking his head he didn't want to.  Fortunately there's no minimum distance covered (or at least there wasnt then)

• Like 3

23 minutes ago, StefanAVFC said:

I either say the w so fast that I don't hear it or I don't say it at all.

You've got me saying quarter over and over again at my desk now.

Don't worry you're not the only one. 

Although, I hope you're home alone and not sat in the office looking like a complete nutter. 

11 hours ago, Stevo985 said:

Kwarter

quintuplet = kwintuplet

queen = kween

quest = kwest

quarter = kwarter

Quiche

Quay

Quinoa

Quarter

:)

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

I don’t think I’ve ever heard anybody say kwawter, or kwartz.

This is as divisive an issue on here as standing up or sitting down to wipe your bum was.

Edited by Risso
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, Davkaus said:

I don't think I've ever, ever heard anyone say quarter without the w, and I would mercilessly rip the piss out of someone if I did

Anyone who does that is a ocket polisher.

Edited by sidcow

Â