Things that piss you off that shouldn't

AVFCforever1991

In regards to Doctor or dentist appointments (Even the vet).

It makes me value what I have here.  I live in a tiny seaside village in Holland.  90% of the time I get straight through and mostly they will fit me in somehow the next day for all of these,  if I am in pain or one of the pets is seriously ill/pain,  then same day but at the very end for 5-10 mins.

Admittedly I am a frequent flyer to these establishments for more than 20 years and the doc and dentist seem to really really care about my well being.  It is not possible for them to do this for everyone so I am super lucky.

1 hour ago, Amsterdam_Neil_D said:

In regards to Doctor or dentist appointments (Even the vet).

It makes me value what I have here.  I live in a tiny seaside village in Holland.  90% of the time I get straight through and mostly they will fit me in somehow the next day for all of these,  if I am in pain or one of the pets is seriously ill/pain,  then same day but at the very end for 5-10 mins.

Its like that here in Perth according to all the people I know.

38 minutes ago, fightoffyour said:

Ironically hearing this word makes you want to do anything but it’s meaning and rather volley the speaker in the jaw.

I think you need to go on hollibobs. 

2 hours ago, BOF said:

Chillax.

Only ever heard that in genuine conversation once in my lifetime.  A stunningly beautiful Irish barmaid in Shannon around 10 years ago to whom I'd delivered the old "where's good around here?" line.

Can see why the word would irritate people but for me it conjures up a great memory 😂

• Like 1

I can't seem to complete any journey anymore without encountering at least 5 sets of temporary traffic lights! Multiplying like bastard gremlins. 

Also, on a driving theme, people driving far too slow for the road. National speed limit road? Perfect conditions? No, I'll drive at 28mph like a complete meat flute. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

4 minutes ago, Xela said:

I can't seem to complete any journey anymore without encountering at least 5 sets of temporary traffic lights! Multiplying like bastard gremlins. 

Also, on a driving theme, people driving far too slow for the road. National speed limit road? Perfect conditions? No, I'll drive at 28mph like a complete meat flute. 

Some National Speed limit roads shouldn't be. I'm immediately thinking of the lanes by ours known locally as The Bends. Do 60mph on them and you'll soon be in a ditch but yes old farts (because they nearly always are) doing 25 mph on them is extremely frustrating. And here they use those roads because they don't feel safe driving in the by-pass, when they eventually get to the bypass because they have to it takes the man absolute age to pull out, they won't do it if they can see a car coming (it's 1.25 miles before the bend they can't see around) 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, bickster said:

Some National Speed limit roads shouldn't be. I'm immediately thinking of the lanes by ours known locally as The Bends. Do 60mph on them and you'll soon be in a ditch but yes old farts (because they nearly always are) doing 25 mph on them is extremely frustrating. And here they use those roads because they don't feel safe driving in the by-pass, when they eventually get to the bypass because they have to it takes the man absolute age to pull out, they won't do it if they can see a car coming (it's 1.25 miles before the bend they can't see around) 

I’m getting het up and angry just imagining that in my mind. Daft old imaginary bastard lol 😆 

Edited by Ingram85
  • Like 1
  • Haha 3

1 hour ago, bickster said:

thinking of the lanes by ours known locally as The Bends. Do 60mph on them and you'll soon be in a ditch but yes old farts (because they nearly always are) doing 25 mph on them is extremely frustrating

Those lanes by you are absolute shit, the ones from the proper road  (59 is it) to your hamlet / village place. I hate them. This is just the thread to say that, too.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, blandy said:

Those lanes by you are absolute shit, the ones from the proper road  (59 is it) to your hamlet / village place. I hate them. This is just the thread to say that, too.

Keeps the riff raff out :mrgreen:

The bypass is the A565 the A59 is the Ormscake route

Not too far away, there's a National Speed limit road with passing places, humped back bridges and signs sating "Risk of Grounding". Do 60 on them and you'll be dead and so will your car

• Thanks 1

Delivery drivers not reading the notes on the orders from Just Eat. What is the point in being able to leave notes on your order (we live on a new estate that isn't on Google Maps yet) when I'll just end up getting a phone call from the driver every time saying (sometimes aggressively) that he's in a canal or something.

8 minutes ago, JoshVilla said:

Delivery drivers not reading the notes on the orders from Just Eat. What is the point in being able to leave notes on your order (we live on a new estate that isn't on Google Maps yet) when I'll just end up getting a phone call from the driver every time saying (sometimes aggressively) that he's in a canal or something.

You know you can report and add your road / estate to google maps? Usually only takes a couple of days to appear. I add them all the time for work. It’s a bit fiddly and has its limitations with something’s but adding new roads is generally ok

• Like 1

When you buy 5 tickets for a whisky festival, don’t take payment straight away because you trust your friends and then 2 of the bastards pull out the night before. 

£100 down. Lesson learned 

Â