Things that piss you off that shouldn't

AVFCforever1991

6 minutes ago, Seat68 said:

Where is the line from out of shape to disgusting pig. Just for reference. I am definitely beyond out of shape but I am maybe in the mid ground in lard arse territory. 

Just look over your shoulder and you'll see the line right there

• Haha 3

Just now, bickster said:

Is it the psychobabble or the confused tenses in the statement that irks you the most? As both my receptors are twitching here

Off down the gym to work off my anger now

Both, exactly. Poorly written babblespeak.

"we're going to reconfigure the internal layout of some buildings to support the new hybrid working arrangement" would have been fine.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, blandy said:

Both, exactly. Poorly written babblespeak.

"we're going to reconfigure the internal layout of some buildings to support the new hybrid working arrangement" would have been fine.

Hey, hey. Leave off with the helping them out. 

It’s a very lucrative area at the moment, companies that think they maybe want to possibly reconfigure something because they know they’ve heard other companies are sort of looking at something similar.

God bless ‘em, that’s what I say. Whilst the actual construction has slowed down absolutely not due to any aspect of Brexit, it’s a nice stop gap. Drawing Option 31. Option 31 being a hybrid of Option 01 and Option 17 where Flange Quality Control now share a space with Purchasing but neither department have the new desks or ‘break out hub’ they were promised.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, chrisp65 said:

Hey, hey. Leave off with the helping them out. 

It’s a very lucrative area at the moment, companies that think they maybe want to possibly reconfigure something because they know they’ve heard other companies are sort of looking at something similar.

God bless ‘em, that’s what I say. Whilst the actual construction has slowed down absolutely not due to any aspect of Brexit, it’s a nice stop gap. Drawing Option 31. Option 31 being a hybrid of Option 01 and Option 17 where Flange Quality Control now share a space with Purchasing but neither department have the new desks or ‘break out hub’ they were promised.

Bless 'em and everything, but I kind of like my little spot. what with a collection of old test cables, connectors and adaptors, crib sheets and wotnot in a cardboard box under the desk, next to my toe 'tectors and waterproofs - I don't want a shared hot-desk in a "link facility". it was bad enough moving into the building from my old haunt in a dark corner of a hangar, complete with crumbling furniture and crap decor - at least that was "real" (and no one could get in). I"m not in love with the modern world, as Wolf Parade sang. 

6 hours ago, rodders0223 said:

When the office fatty has to do a tiny bit of manual work (basically bending and walking) and they are blowing out their arseholes after 2 minutes.

Sorry about that mate, lockdown hasn't been kind to us big boned folk. 

• Haha 2

On 08/09/2021 at 09:37, Stevo985 said:

I know this isn't new news for people who care about kids, but for someone who has been very anti kids for their whole life so has never even considered these things, and is now having to prepare for having one (I'm excited, honest!)... JESUS **** CHRIST it's expensive!

We need a baby bouncer. One of them little chairs that bounce up and down a bit. Oh cool how much is that, 20 quid?

180 quid?! For WHAT?!

Childcare, £1200 a month? WHAT?! what the ****?! 

RIP my disposable income

It's absolutely crazy. 

I had twins. Double everything!! I actually forget what I used to spend all my spare money on. 

6 hours ago, Genie said:

Just called the doctors to chase up my prescription.

1m and 50seconds of pre-recorded rambling (including “if it’s an emergency redial 999) before they get to the options. 

They go through the options, I want option 4 “general enquires”

“This option is only available after 12 noon, please redial after that”.

This is a new level of shitness that I didn’t think existed. 

I called back at 1pm, 31 minutes on hold to have a 30 second “hurry up and approve my prescription” conversation.

6 hours ago, Genie said:

Just called the doctors to chase up my prescription.

1m and 50seconds of pre-recorded rambling (including “if it’s an emergency redial 999) before they get to the options. 

They go through the options, I want option 4 “general enquires”

“This option is only available after 12 noon, please redial after that”.

This is a new level of shitness that I didn’t think existed. 

Far too much of a GP's allocated funds goes on gatekeeping, keeping people away from seeing or getting to an actual doctor

As evidence of this before the pandemic, I've phoned up the doctor for an appointment jumped through all the ludicrous hoops of automation, speaking to a typical computer says no receptionist, then some sort of healthcare professional who was clearly triaging and finally back to the former concentration camp guard they employ on reception to be given an appointment in three weeks time.

Next day, I call up because I need a DVLA medical. for which the GP can charge £wtftl.... we can fit you in today

Definitely a part of the NHS that needs fixing and it can be done without any extra spend, make the f***ers do some actual work

Whenever you go there the waiting room has at most 2 or 3 people in it. There are at least 8 doctors that work in this practice

• Like 3

57 minutes ago, maqroll said:

"Let's unpack that statement"

Unpack?? 

**** off 

I think we should run that up the flagpole before you dismiss it so lightly. 

Let's take more of a helicopter view of the situation. 

Â