Things that piss you off that shouldn't

AVFCforever1991

In my team at work we’re just a team of 2 doing what we do.

When I go on holiday:

I’ve closed off pretty much everything. All urgent stuff is sorted. Ive cancelled my meetings and everyone is aware I’m off. I’ll add you as contact in my out of office but you should be ok barring an unexpected panic.

When my colleague goes on holiday:

Heres a massive shit list of all the crappy jobs I’ve not done over the last few weeks. Some of them are urgent. I’ve left my meetings in place for you to cover and nobody really knows I’m off so you’ll constantly be pulled into things at no notice. 

Twice he’s done this. The first time I gave him the benefit of the doubt. Now he’s done it again. 

• Haha 1

29 minutes ago, Genie said:

When I go on holiday:

I’ve closed off pretty much everything. All urgent stuff is sorted. Ive cancelled my meetings and everyone is aware I’m off. I’ll add you as contact in my out of office but you should be ok barring an unexpected panic.

Heres a massive shit list of all the crappy jobs I’ve not done over the last few weeks. Some of them are urgent. I’ve left my meetings in place for you to cover and nobody really knows I’m off so you’ll constantly be pulled into things at no notice. 

Twice he’s done this. The first time I gave him the benefit of the doubt. Now he’s done it again. 

Needs following into the bog and having his face smashed into the sink, a-la- Carlin in "Scum".

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

38 minutes ago, Genie said:

When I go on holiday:

7 minutes ago, rjw63 said:

Needs following into the bog and having his face smashed into the sink, a-la- Carlin in "Scum".

Or 2 pool balls in a sock.

Remind the bloke who the Daddy is, he won't do it again.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

One of my kids rabbits died on Friday morning - of apparently absolutely nothing, he was just lying there, no struggle or anything.

Annoying because we had to tell him and he was sad, but we (me and the wife, no kids) were going away until Monday and were being picked up in half an hour from when we found him.

He was upset and we went through all the usual "it's ok to be sad" stuff, then I black bin liner'd it and chucked it in the bin - I'm not digging a hole, we have foxes around. 

Raised a few eyebrows, but c'mon.. it's a rabbit, I've thrown chicken from Asda in the bin bigger than he was.

Anyway, after being a bit confused as to why it died, seems the link with the fox which comes to our garden sometimes is enough to give them a heart attack, which they can die of a couple of days later, which was interesting. 

But yea, bins out tonight, later Leo :wave: (never liked me, the stupid knob).

The other one isn't eating much now either.. 

• Like 1

The sheer number of people who misspell "Michael" as "Micheal".

It's one of the most common names in the English speaking world over the last 50 years, get your sh*t together, FFS.

Edited by maqroll
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, lapal_fan said:

Probably saw what you did to its mate and had a heart attack.

• Haha 1

9 minutes ago, maqroll said:

It's one of the most common names in the English speaking world over the last 50 years, get your sh*t together, FFS.

Micheal is also a name. That probably contributes to why Michael gets misspelt.

• Shocked 1

12 minutes ago, maqroll said:

Might as well get used to it. Rachel is now as common as Rachael.

1 hour ago, lapal_fan said:

One of my kids rabbits died on Friday morning - of apparently absolutely nothing, he was just lying there, no struggle or anything.

Annoying because we had to tell him and he was sad, but we (me and the wife, no kids) were going away until Monday and were being picked up in half an hour from when we found him.

He was upset and we went through all the usual "it's ok to be sad" stuff, then I black bin liner'd it and chucked it in the bin - I'm not digging a hole, we have foxes around. 

Raised a few eyebrows, but c'mon.. it's a rabbit, I've thrown chicken from Asda in the bin bigger than he was.

Anyway, after being a bit confused as to why it died, seems the link with the fox which comes to our garden sometimes is enough to give them a heart attack, which they can die of a couple of days later, which was interesting. 

But yea, bins out tonight, later Leo :wave: (never liked me, the stupid knob).

When I was a kid, my father built a runner cage along the fence in our yard for two rabbits. One night, a predator tunneled into the cage and tore them to shreds. The next morning I saw the fur and bones all over the yard.

4 hours ago, Genie said:

When I go on holiday:

@leemond2008 - got a lil job for ya...😉

• Haha 3

4 hours ago, Genie said:

When I go on holiday:

I feel your pain. I'm the same as you, I work extra hard in the days leading up to a break to ensure everything is in order, barring a last minute disaster. Other people just **** off and leave all the shit to be sorted. 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Troglodyte said:

Think he might mean it shouldn't be an acceptable reason why Michael gets misspelt?

No, I meant I do not accept that Micheal should be an acceptable spelling. 

14 hours ago, villa4europe said:

Playing football with a couple of guys who just want to score a Maradona 86 goal 

Worst of it being I'm playing over 32s football and one of them is a 24 year old kid from the first team

Complete waste of time 

Complete with 5 minute tactical run down beforehand of pass and move. 2 mins in completely ignored. The more tired they get and the more we lose the more they try and beat 10 men. Don't run that much when they don't have the ball mind.

It's 5 a side. Just one touch. Pass. It's easy. 4 passes and you're in

• Like 1

When the latest turd-in-a-suit cabinet politician has dropped a clanger and goes to 10 Downing street and a media hack randomly shouts 'Minster are you going to resign'?

Like they  will stop and say 'Well yes of course would you like a exclusive interview'?

Edited by The Fun Factory
  • Like 1

44 minutes ago, The Fun Factory said:

When the latest turd-in-a-suit cabinet politician has dropped a clanger and goes to 10 Downing street and a media hack randomly shouts 'Minster are you going to resign'?

Like they  will stop and say 'Well yes of course would you like a exclusive interview'?

When the minister was asked if he was about to resign, he declined to answer. Or the minister declined to answer questions about his resignation

That is exactly why they do that. It's a line filler which people think says more than it actually does

16 minutes ago, bickster said:

When the minister was asked if he was about to resign, he declined to answer. Or the minister declined to answer questions about his resignation

That is exactly why they do that. It's a line filler which people think says more than it actually does

Apart from when Hancock replied :lol: 

He managed to reply to say he wasn’t hopeless, proving in fact the opposite.

• Like 1

Â