Things that piss you off that shouldn't

AVFCforever1991

I have received your advice with interest. 

I will not be watching Gogglebox, Ex on the Beach or Big Brother. 

90% of my TV viewing will remain European crime dramas, quiz programmes (Pointless, Mastermind, University Challenge, Only Connect), music & history documentaries and the occasional outdoorsy/travel thing. No game shows, no soaps, no 'reality' TV, no sitcoms. 

Gogglebox, if there is nothing else on and it’s a new episode is 100% great TV. A few of the households are annoying like the brummie mom & daughter and the 2 lots of northern girls. I don’t watch any other reality TV at all. Just gogglebox. 

Jenny & Lee, Giles & Mary and the Siddiquis are the best. It’s not always fantastic but it always makes me laugh at some point. 

Edited by Ingram85
  • Like 1

6 hours ago, Xela said:

Gogglebox? Watching people who watch TV?

Nah... I like to watch people watching Gogglebox instead! 

50 tokens and I’ll show you my feet while you watch me watching gogglebox. 

Edited by Ingram85

22 minutes ago, Ingram85 said:

Googlebox, if there is nothing else on and it’s a new episode is 100% great TV. A few of the households are annoying like the brummie mom & daughter and the 2 lots of northern girls. I don’t watch any other reality TV at all. Just gogglebox. 

Jenny & Lee, Giles & Mary and the Siddiquis are the best. It’s not always fantastic but it always makes me laugh at some point. 

Giles and Mary have jumped the shark.

Too knowingly playing up to things, being 'proper' and posh.

Siddiquis, Jenny and Lee, Pete and Sophie ftw.

30 minutes ago, mjmooney said:

I have received your advice with interest. 

I will not be watching Gogglebox, Ex on the Beach or Big Brother. 

90% of my TV viewing will remain European crime dramas, quiz programmes (Pointless, Mastermind, University Challenge, Only Connect), music & history documentaries and the occasional outdoorsy/travel thing. No game shows, no soaps, no 'reality' TV, no sitcoms. 

Whilst I would say "same" I love bake off

I also tend to go more than occasional on the outdoor travel thing too, I like chefs who travel, Rick steins programmes for example, travel shows in general are better if you find a good YouTuber though, they're more likely to have similar experiences to you

My missus has got me in to that bake off programme...........and i have to admit i quite like it after years of saying it sounds like a load of b*******

My missus gets me into all manner of crap that I said I’d never watch, Catfish, Botched, Geordie Shore......absolute crap but after being forced to watch x amount of episodes you get into it.....it’s like a form of torture i think.

Doesn’t work in reverse either very often but I did get her to sit through the full Band of Brothers box set once.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, StefanAVFC said:

Or has Ken Yeong be completely in shock that Alan Johnson, of all people, is hiding in there.

I saw a clip of the American version and the singer being unmasked was Mickey Rourke. So safer to say they get better celebs than the british version :D 

22 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

I saw a clip of the American version and the singer being unmasked was Mickey Rourke. So safer to say they get better celebs than the british version :D 

Like when they were trying to make out that Patsy Palmer is some A list world famous actress. It was hilarious. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, bickster said:

My only interaction with Gogglebox is to deliberately call it TV Addicts whenever I walk in on the rest of the family watching it. It is now known as TV Addicts by all three of us.

This is a victory!

Is TV Addicts something else, or are you thinking of Telly Addicts?

3 minutes ago, sidcow said:

14864797367_2a2f8e2462_o.jpg

Does my head in. 

She’s actually really good and a lovely person but has been victim of the channel 4/Dave watered down and made annoying thing.

38 minutes ago, HanoiVillan said:

Is TV Addicts something else, or are you thinking of Telly Addicts?

I think you misunderstand. I'm just deliberately calling it by the wrong name because it's something I do, being deliberately obtuse. I call Eastenders Apples and Pears but the rest of the family still call it Eastenders.

The victory is because they call it TV Addicts too now.

I'm not calling it by the name of another programme (that I'm aware of)

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Â