Things that piss you off that shouldn't

AVFCforever1991

15 minutes ago, chrisp65 said:

The business is set up wrong and at risk. They need to fix that.

Or, you’ve fallen in to the classic trap of obsessing that someone else’s business is the centre of your world.

We've all probably done this, deluding oneself into thinking that things won't happen without you. Guess what, they most likely will. 

Edited by Dr_Pangloss
  • Like 2

4 minutes ago, Dr_Pangloss said:

We've all probably done this, deluding oneself into thinking that things won't happen without you. Guess what, they most likely will. 

We’ve had one of the four Directors of the small company I work for suddenly out of the loop. Taken in to hospital last Sunday evening, announced as retired and not coming back on Tuesday. He was in charge of our biggest Client account.

The earth has kept spinning and others have stepped in, we’re all getting paid as per normal at the end of the month. I’ve stripped his desk of all his good shit.

• Like 2

Spilled half a liter of soft drink on the carpet today, and consequently had to fork out for a steam cleaner.

Summer over here brings out the insects, and I can't have an ant scout letting his colony know this dickhead spilled a sugar drink on the floor.

Really though I would've enjoyed that Creamy Soda.

Blood donations given to the red cross earn a profit of around $100-200 per donation, as hospitals buy the blood from the collectors.

Add to this, your blood oftentimes won't even be sold to hospitals that care for your compatriots, as blood is sold on demand to the highest bidder.

I used to donate as frequently as was allowed. I received a flavoured milk in return for my donations, which took either 7 minutes or 45minutes, depending on donation type.

I stopped because although our people desperately need others to donate, I think people also desperately need to wake up to the system, life could depend on it.

20 minutes ago, A'Villan said:

Blood donations given to the red cross earn a profit of around $100-200 per donation, as hospitals buy the blood from the collectors.

Add to this, your blood oftentimes won't even be sold to hospitals that care for your compatriots, as blood is sold on demand to the highest bidder.

I used to donate as frequently as was allowed. I received a flavoured milk in return for my donations, which took either 7 minutes or 45minutes, depending on donation type.

I stopped because although our people desperately need others to donate, I think people also desperately need to wake up to the system, life could depend on it.

Nuts. 

9 hours ago, A'Villan said:

I think I'm right in saying in the UK this is all handled by the NHS, so not an issue here?

39 minutes ago, KentVillan said:

I think I'm right in saying in the UK this is all handled by the NHS, so not an issue here?

I don't know what the NHS is, but I'd check that thoroughly.

I was enlightened by a German speaking on Australian radio about how the system works in Germany, as well as Australia.

I don't recall all the ins and outs but it was an extensive discussion and his story checked out.

NHS = the (UK) National Health Service. Tax-funded and state-run (mostly).

I believe all blood donations in the UK are handled by a dedicated NHS public authority, and there is no involvement from "not for profits" like the Red Cross.

https://europeanbloodalliance.eu/country/united-kingdom/

The United Kingdom has four Blood Transfusion Services based in each of the four countries comprising the United Kingdom. These are; NHS Blood and Transplant (NHSBT) for England, the Scottish National Blood Transfusion Service (SNBTS), the Welsh Blood Service (WBS) and the Northern Ireland Blood Transfusion Service (NIBTS). The UK Blood Transfusion Services have a body to coordinate co-operation between Services called the UK Forum.

Whereas in Germany https://europeanbloodalliance.eu/country/germany

In Germany blood services are provided by four types of organisations: German Red Cross Blood Transfusion Services, state and communal blood transfusion services, commercial blood centres and plasmapheresis centres of the plasmafractionation industry. Of these German Red Cross Blood Transfusion Services and the German Society for Transfusion Medicine and Immunohematology (DGTI) are EBA members.

So the system you describe seems quite common (definitely the case in Germany, USA and Australia) but I don't think it operates in the UK. There seems to be some dispute over whether it is blatant profiteering or just a way of covering the costs.

Interesting though - not something I'd ever thought much about before. Assumed every country did it in much the same way, but clearly not.

Bomb threat at bonn train station 

I've travelled back from England today, good flight that landed early, delayed train which I managed to catch so I should be home early.... Train station shut, my train stopped next town and said he doesn't know when he can leave, got off and went looking for a taxi, I thought the place would be crawling with them but after a 30 minute wait the driver said cos all the trams are also down the city centre is nuts so the taxis are mostly stuck in traffic there 

Got home same time as originally planned

1 hour ago, villa4europe said:

Bomb threat at bonn train station 

I've travelled back from England today, good flight that landed early, delayed train which I managed to catch so I should be home early.... Train station shut, my train stopped next town and said he doesn't know when he can leave, got off and went looking for a taxi, I thought the place would be crawling with them but after a 30 minute wait the driver said cos all the trams are also down the city centre is nuts so the taxis are mostly stuck in traffic there 

Got home same time as originally planned

Why you moaning then?

Told my boy I’d take him to the semi-final tomorrow. I can only book my ticket with my ID. Created him a fan ID and it won’t let me use it as no history on it. Anyone know a way around it?

Whenever I’ve taken him before I’ve been able to just buy a ticked for him with my ID no problem.

4 minutes ago, Genie said:

Told my boy I’d take him to the semi-final tomorrow. I can only book my ticket with my ID. Created him a fan ID and it won’t let me use it as no history on it. Anyone know a way around it?

Whenever I’ve taken him before I’ve been able to just buy a ticked for him with my ID no problem.

It doesn't make sense does it? I understand that they don't want opposition fans buying tickets in the home end and this is a way of doing it, but then how is your lad ever going to build up history on his ID?

6 minutes ago, Paddywhack said:

It doesn't make sense does it? I understand that they don't want opposition fans buying tickets in the home end and this is a way of doing it, but then how is your lad ever going to build up history on his ID?

I know, I can only buy one with my ID. If I add another adult ID it says I can’t buy a child ticket with an adult ID. Annoying.

Â