Things that piss you off that shouldn't

AVFCforever1991

1 hour ago, Stevo985 said:

A belly is just fat fat

Skinny fat is more the kind of guy you'd see in the office and think he was slim.

Then you'd see his holiday pictures and realise he's flabby all over

I wish people would stop looking at my holiday photos. 

At the risk of this turning into a self-help thread, I have to admit that I'm the skinny fat person. You get all the plaudits of being skinny but you get to be a complete pig. As you can imagine, it's a real problem...

Watching the Great Pottery Throwdown, where the task this week is make a chess set. Host Melanie Sykes then proceeds to refer to the various pieces as 'kings, Queens, bishops, castles, horses and pawns'.

Surely, surely, we can just refer to the pieces as what they actually are? Is calling them rooks and knights really that confusing?

• Like 1

On a similar theme on a different VT thread about Louie Barry's dress sense...here's something that pisses me off - Damian Hurley (Liz's son - yes, that's right - son). Is the "resting" actor intent on morphing in to his old lady ?? Get a haircut, a proper job (or A job) and stop pouting like a sulky girl !!!

Like i said, it's got nothing to do with me and it shouldn't piss me off - but it does.

damian1.jpg

It's a bit of a weird setup with Liz Hurley and her 'son' too.

I used to follow her on Instagram (when I used Instagram) and from what I could tell he takes most of the pics of her in bikini's and underwear whilst striking seductive poses.

Now I appreciate my Mum ain't Liz Hurley, and if she was I'd have to give it serious thought but if my Mum asked me to take pics of her in this manner, I think it'd be a pretty hard and fast no.

• Like 1

Our company has an operators licence application underway with a new Local Authority

They've asked us the most stupid of questions.

"As above, it would be advantageous if you could set out the steps that your client intends to take to ensure that any drivers used are fit and proper, how the travelling public will be protected and ...."

Our solicitor is about to reply with an answer along the lines of "that's the job of the Licencing Authority not the Taxi Operator"

It's not like working with chimps, they are far too intelligent

1 hour ago, villa4europe said:

spent the last 4 days working in madrid

there was a laugh and a joke this morning with 2 germans, 1 Portuguese, 1 Argentinian and 9 Spanish guys about how thanks to my brummie accent my English was the worst in the room :( 

A good few years ago I had a meeting with some Germans, Maltese and a Libyan. Meeting was in english, I was the only one that had to keep repeating myself to be understood.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, chrisp65 said:

A good few years ago I had a meeting with some Germans, Maltese and a Libyan. Meeting was in english, I was the only one that had to keep repeating myself to be understood.

I know you’ve said a few times you live in Wales but for some strange reason I didn’t think you were Welsh. Do I need to start reading you posts in a Welsh accent in my head?

On working abroad, I had to pay the hotel bill this morning and claim it back, rotten that is, takes me about 2 months to get expenses paid (I haven't been paid for a trip I did it September yet) 

It total this trip cost me 320 for hotel, 50 in trains and 100 in taxis, I can claim all that, I then get like a 30€ a night away allowance which has deductions if your hotel has breakfast client gets you dinner etc so I'm 470€ out of pocket for 2 months and get paid about 40€ extra from which I've fed myself for 3 days 

I do at least get flexitime and can chuck the travelling in so my 62 hour week earns my 3 days off

But it's all a bit pointless, the hours I worked (8am to 11pm yesterday) means I didn't see anything of the city

2 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

On working abroad, I had to pay the hotel bill this morning and claim it back, rotten that is, takes me about 2 months to get expenses paid (I haven't been paid for a trip I did it September yet) 

It total this trip cost me 320 for hotel, 50 in trains and 100 in taxis, I can claim all that, I then get like a 30€ a night away allowance which has deductions if your hotel has breakfast client gets you dinner etc so I'm 470€ out of pocket for 2 months and get paid about 40€ extra from which I've fed myself for 3 days 

I do at least get flexitime and can chuck the travelling in so my 62 hour week earns my 3 days off

But it's all a bit pointless, the hours I worked (8am to 11pm yesterday) means I didn't see anything of the city

Bit shitty that is. Don't have corporate cards at your place? I have one but haven't used it in about 2 years... I prefer to use my own credit card as I get reward points! Plus our expense system is very good to be fair.. paid back in 48 hours max. If you paying for a train ticket online, as soon as I have the email confirmation of it, I submit the claim and its in my account before a) I even go on the train and b) about a month before it shows on my next credit card bill! 

Â