Things that piss you off that shouldn't

AVFCforever1991

10 minutes ago, Genie said:

Yeah, it doesn't bother me in the slightest. What's the harm?

Increased electricity usage during a time where we should be massively concerned about the future of the planet.

All because they can't wait until December, the selfish clearings in the woods.

• Haha 3

People thinking they will lose weight by eating spesific stuff. Trust me when I say it's putting stuff into your mouth that got you fat in the first place. 

Especially people snacking on sugary energy bars like it's the key to a healthier life style.  

I'd also like to add steroid rocket polishers telling people how to get fit. Like they have any idea how it's like building a body naturally. They should rather be honest and explain the body they want is close to impossible to get unless you juice up. 

• Like 2

Just saw a video on a facebook feed video   .. the video starts with some text  "5 of the biggest names in world football come together " ....

First up Terry Henry  , so yeah fair enough good start , arguably the best player to ever play in the premier league 

however , next up Danny Rose ,  Gareth Southgate , Jermiane Jenas and Peter Crouch

you can **** right off  with your biggest names there

its about mental health which is why  it shouldn't piss me off as the intent is clearly good  ....

2 hours ago, KenjiOgiwara said:

I'd also like to add steroid rocket polishers telling people how to get fit. Like they have any idea how it's like building a body naturally. They should rather be honest and explain the body they want is close to impossible to get unless you juice up. 

That's is very closely connected to the whole gym philosophy that some people live by. And worse, some people look up to them.

Just because you have a big bicep and pecs does not mean you are a 'healthy' person. Very often, they fill themselves with processed crap, cheap frozen tesco chicken and powdered nutrition. In the long run, while it might look good when you take your shirt off on the beach in Magaluf (or, unfortunately for all witnesses,  the Northfield shopping centre when temperature goes over 20 C) it will ruin your body in the way they don't even expect.

1 hour ago, Mic09 said:

That's is very closely connected to the whole gym philosophy that some people live by. And worse, some people look up to them.

Just because you have a big bicep and pecs does not mean you are a 'healthy' person. Very often, they fill themselves with processed crap, cheap frozen tesco chicken and powdered nutrition. In the long run, while it might look good when you take your shirt off on the beach in Magaluf (or, unfortunately for all witnesses,  the Northfield shopping centre when temperature goes over 20 C) it will ruin your body in the way they don't even expect.

I am not slagging powdered supplements or chicken from tesco or whatever. It's just this idea where steroid freaks with huge muscles and very low fat percentage pitch this as achievable without steroids. It's simply not the case. With huge amount of muscle mass you will almost always have a fairly high body fat percentage, and when you try and shred off the fat you will lose a ton of muscle. 

The fittest 'clean' people I've ever met, that come close to baywatch bodies, are gymnasts. And they actually look like normal people in t-shirts. 

The notion you can gym yourself to a Schwarznegger 1973'esque body is so misinformed it makes me laugh. But still these people who are roided to mars and back think they should tell clean athletes what's achievable. 

2 hours ago, sharkyvilla said:

Remixes piss me off.  Why would I want to listen to a song getting chopped up and mangled by someone less talented than the original artist and producer?

Hmmm, I'm ambivalent on this. Some remixes are an improvement on the original. Not all remixes are chopped up bits mangled together (usually to make it more dancey or whatever), those ones are generally a bit shit

But others are great. There's an artist called Penelope Trappes, her second album Penelope Two seemed intersting, it's an ambient atmospheric thing but it didn't quite hit the spot enough for me to buy it. Then she brought out a remix album, Penelope Redux which is remixes of tracks from Two. It's absolutely great with remixes by Mogwai, Cossi Fanni Tutti, Nik Colk Void and other similar artists. I bought it the instant I saw it. I have a Mark Lannegan Remix album that has some great stuff on it too, a Mark Stewart remix springs to mind from that

On the other hand like you a lot of remixes ruin the already great original for me

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, bickster said:

Hmmm, I'm ambivalent on this. Some remixes are an improvement on the original. Not all remixes are chopped up bits mangled together (usually to make it more dancey or whatever), those ones are generally a bit shit

Yeah, though there are exceptions, obviously. Sometimes a remix to make something completely different and Dancey works

• Like 1

Just now, blandy said:

Yeah, though there are exceptions, obviously. Sometimes a remix to make something completely different and Dancey works

Yes, not all dancey remixes are shit

The absolute classic example of this is Wrote For Luck by the Happy Mondays. It was just a decent album track until Paul Oakenfold got hold of it and turned it into WFL (Think Aboiut The Future Mix). The remix is the tune everyone remembers, the original is still just a decent album track (even though it was released as a single)

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

My first train cancelled. Second one moves platform. Then just says delayed for 20 minutes. Third train cancelled. Delayed train turns up but stops at a earlier stop! 

Not one reported issue on the website!

That’s some bad luck that is mate!  Perhaps buy a lottery ticket for tomorrow, you deserve a change of fortune. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

My first train cancelled. Second one moves platform. Then just says delayed for 20 minutes. Third train cancelled. Delayed train turns up but stops at a earlier stop! 

Not one reported issue on the website!

Just another day with Northern Rail

• Like 2

Â