Things that piss you off that shouldn't

AVFCforever1991

Just now, Xela said:

The art to being a good neighbour is being considerate. Unfortunately there are a lot who aren't and are complete words removed. 

Thing is, my neighbours aren't bad people or anything, they just have no concept of being considerate to their neighbours. I've posted before about them having bonfires/bbq's on weekdays when people have their washing out. They just literally only think about themselves in that moment, but they are probably nice people if I got to know them. It's really annoying, especially so when I try to be considerate. In our house we probably make loads of noise too but not early in the morning and not late at night.

2 minutes ago, Ingram85 said:

Thing is, my neighbours aren't bad people or anything, they just have no concept of being considerate to their neighbours. I've posted before about them having bonfires/bbq's on weekdays when people have their washing out. They just literally only think about themselves in that moment, but they are probably nice people if I got to know them. It's really annoying, especially so when I try to be considerate. In our house we probably make loads of noise too but not early in the morning and not late at night.

My parents had issues with their neighbours when they lived in Sutton. Semi detatched house and the neighbours would think nothing of hammering and drilling on the dividing wall at 9pm or 10pm at night. My Dad would go round and tell him and he'd say sorry and a few weeks later he'd do something else similar. Thing is, the prick worked from home all the time so could have done what he was doing much earlier in the day. 

Being inconsiderate may not make then bad people but is a massive character failing on their behalf. I'm a bit of a rocket polisher at the best of times but even I wouldn't dream of playing loud music early in the morning or late at night as I know my downstairs neighbours are a young couple with a kid. If I was doing DIY, even during the day, I'd go down and mention it to them or ask when they were going out so I could do it then and not disturb anyone. That is just basic manners. 

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, Xela said:

My parents had issues with their neighbours when they lived in Sutton. Semi detatched house and the neighbours would think nothing of hammering and drilling on the dividing wall at 9pm or 10pm at night. My Dad would go round and tell him and he'd say sorry and a few weeks later he'd do something else similar. Thing is, the prick worked from home all the time so could have done what he was doing much earlier in the day. 

Being inconsiderate may not make then bad people but is a massive character failing on their behalf. I'm a bit of a rocket polisher at the best of times but even I wouldn't dream of playing loud music early in the morning or late at night as I know my downstairs neighbours are a young couple with a kid. If I was doing DIY, even during the day, I'd go down and mention it to them or ask when they were going out so I could do it then and not disturb anyone. That is just basic manners. 

I've done a quick bit of DIY at 9:30pm a few weeks ago for my partners lad bedroom but it was a one off. I dont finish work until 8pm after a 13 hour shift so cant do it during the day and it needed to be done that night. It was only 10 minutes of drilling though. I've never done it that late before in my life and will try to never again unless absolutely necessary. But even then, it's not late in the dead of night or at the crack of dawn.

9 hours ago, Seat68 said:

Still, loud music at 7.30 is pretty bad. My wife is constantly singing, I have to remind her of our neighbours not really wanting to hear her early in the morning. 

If I wake up at 7.30 on a Sunday morning with a semi, the last thing I would do would be go round to the neighbours and complain about it

Edited by colhint
oops
  • Haha 2

21 hours ago, chrisp65 said:

Went to a shop today that sold ‘world famous’ pork pies.

30 miles down the road when we found a spot to eat them ..... salt. Just salt no other flavour could push through. To the point I wondered if there’d been a mistake with the batch or something.

Was disappoint.

What was world famous about them? Was you in Melton Mowbray?! 

1 hour ago, Dr_Pangloss said:

Sweet Caroline, a song that has ruined boxing events in this country and now ruining football. It's a truly ghastly song.

I know, how did it even make it this big? It's not even a good song.

43 minutes ago, Xela said:

What was world famous about them? Was you in Melton Mowbray?! 

Ironbridge.

48700320751_e08eb9007b.jpg

I think I was duped by advertising puff. I had my picture taken in the doorway, excitedly clutching my purchases!

My better half pointed out later, those sort of places usually say ‘award winning’ or ‘prize winning’ and then have certificates or rosettes on a wall.

He could be world famous in pie circles for never having won anything, or services to the salt industry!

Anyway, don’t want to diss him too much, don’t know him, might have been a rogue batch...

• Haha 3

I was talking to an Englishwoman at The Cider House last night who asked me "Are you really an Aston Villa fan?" (I have a scarf on the wall behind the bar) I told her I was. She asked me why. I said because they are the quintessential English football club steeped in history and tradition. She said "All I think is THUGS." I corrected her and referred her to Small Heath.

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, chrisp65 said:

Ironbridge.

I think I was duped by advertising puff. I had my picture taken in the doorway, excitedly clutching my purchases!

My better half pointed out later, those sort of places usually say ‘award winning’ or ‘prize winning’ and then have certificates or rosettes on a wall.

He could be world famous in pie circles for never having won anything, or services to the salt industry!

Anyway, don’t want to diss him too much, don’t know him, might have been a rogue batch...

My folks live 3 miles from Ironbridge and my Dad travels there to buy his pork scratchings. Not sure if its the same place though...

2 minutes ago, Xela said:

My folks live 3 miles from Ironbridge and my Dad travels there to buy his pork scratchings. Not sure if its the same place though...

They had bags of scratching on the counter!

Must be. Now scratchings, with a beer, they can be as salty as you like, not an issue with that.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Davkaus said:

World famous? I've never even heard of **** Ironbridge, never mind their attempts at pork pies. 

Its got a bridge. Made of iron. The first major bridge made of iron in the world! 

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, chrisp65 said:

Ironbridge.

I had a suspicion it was this place you were referring to.

I had a pork pie from there, it was ok, nothing to suggest it should be “world famous”. Unless by that they mean it’s a pork pie shop near a world famous site (well, famous apart from in the Davkaus household).

Curious why you traveled 30 miles to find a spot to eat it? Plenty of places around there.

17 minutes ago, Xela said:

Its got a bridge. Made of iron. The first major bridge made of iron in the world! 

Also home to the last remaining British teddy bear factory, “merrythought”.

• Like 2

Â