Things that piss you off that shouldn't

AVFCforever1991

Mentioned this before but bloody **** Steam always gives me problems with game installations. What happened to the days of simply popping the disc in and starting to play.

Steam sucks, and you can't uninstall it properly.... or at least I can't "Cannot remove uninstaller" :x

couples that go out in matching outfits ... tend to be country ramblers or cyclists and the bloke tends to be wearing sandals with socks and has a beard ..as does his wife

Mentioned this before but bloody **** Steam always gives me problems with game installations. What happened to the days of simply popping the disc in and starting to play.

Steam sucks, and you can't uninstall it properly.... or at least I can't "Cannot remove uninstaller" :x

And now damned game keeps crashing!!!!! :evil:

Discussing football or Villa with people outside VT, well more in the transfer window. If you go on VT, you realise 99% of all links are bollocks. Yet outside VT, it doesn't apply, so get comments like...

"You seen who we are replacing Young with??? Etherington, can't believe it. Apparently we're going to pay £6 million for him, what a joke that is"

Get it every week with whatever player has been linked to us in press the day before. I've said 2/3 times paper speculation is most likely bollocks. Never listen so now just say "yeah ..terrible" and quickly move onto another topic.

Comment From Butters

Have never understood why the likes of Schwarzer or Given never got snapped up by a top team. Obviously Given did eventually, but he seems set to drop down a level at a pretty low price again.

I know we're not the greatest team in the world but this comment just grated my cheese somewhat.

People who call all vacuum cleaners 'hoovers'. Hoover is a brand. You don't call every item of clothing an adidas do you?

A lot of people here call fried chicken Kentucky (i.e. KFC).

Can say the same for a lot of products really

1. Twinkies

2. Jello

3. Band-Aid

4. Scotch tape

etc etc etc etc etc

People who call all vacuum cleaners 'hoovers'. Hoover is a brand. You don't call every item of clothing an adidas do you?

1. Twinkies

2. Jello

3. Band-Aid

4. Scotch tape

etc etc etc etc etc

We say none of those in England, well I don't know anyone who does.

1. What is a Twinkie?

2. Jelly

3. Plaster.

4. Sellotape.

Sellotape is a brand name as well though.

Like Pritt Stick or Tip-ex or Post-it and a lot of English people would say those

Seems to happen a lot with stationery!

1. Twinkies

2. Jello

3. Band-Aid

4. Scotch tape

etc etc etc etc etc

We say none of those in England, well I don't know anyone who does.

1. What is a Twinkie?

2. Jelly

3. Plaster.

4. Sellotape.

Sellotape is a brand name. Why do you think Blue Peter have to call it sticky back plastic?

There are plenty of examples of where brand names become generic terms. Some of the more famous ones would be Coke (for cola) Asprin (headache tablets) and Tipp Ex (correction fluid) but there are scores of examples. There is probably a list on the internet somewhere.

When I was a kid I never made Blue Peter stuff because we didn't have sticky back plastic - we only had sellotape and I didn't realise it was the same thing. I thought they'd got one of those sheets of, erm, sticky back plastic that you used to cover your text books in, and then cut it into strips.

Sellotape is a brand name. Why do you think Blue Peter have to call it sticky back plastic?

There are plenty of examples of where brand names become generic terms. Some of the more famous ones would be Coke (for cola) Asprin (headache tablets) and Tipp Ex (correction fluid) but there are scores of examples. There is probably a list on the internet somewhere.

Oh I know all of this, my point was referring to the 'we don't say this in England' bit.

Aspirin is the name of the drug, I'm guessing you mean nurofen instead of ibuprofen or something like that?

Â