Things that piss you off that shouldn't

AVFCforever1991

1 hour ago, Davkaus said:

Agreed 100%.

Fry had his moments, but mostly came across as a patronising bellend to anyone who didn't know the thing some people had researched and printed off for him. Can't stand the man.

I hate you. 

Jen Brister, Katherine Ryan, Janey Godley, Suzi Ruffell, these on a bd day are funnier than Michael McIntyre. Thats a small list and funny women do not begin and end with Jo Brand. 

• Like 4

Turned over a bit early for the footy on BBC1 and Songs Of Praise is on.  Takes me back to the horrid Sundays with only four channels to watch and we'd sometimes have to sit through it.  Don't really have as much of an issue with hymns but it was one of those abominable full Christian clearing in the woods rock bands playing.

40 minutes ago, sharkyvilla said:

Turned over a bit early for the footy on BBC1 and Songs Of Praise is on.  Takes me back to the horrid Sundays with only four channels to watch and we'd sometimes have to sit through it.  Don't really have as much of an issue with hymns but it was one of those abominable full Christian clearing in the woods rock bands playing.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

On 17/03/2019 at 01:17, chrisp65 said:

When Sara Pascoe started out I really didn't think she was very funny at all. Either I've tuned in to her sense of humour, or she's developed and grown in to the roll but I really enjoy her material currently.

Pascoe is brilliant. I find her and Katherine Ryan make me laugh more than any other comedians these days.

• Like 2

Yes I like her more now, happens that way, maybe when comics realise there's more space to develop a set beyond doing what they think is expected, the can develop. I've found shows like Taskmaster a great way of discovering new funny folk - of both genders. The women have largely all been good fun: Aisling Bea, Lolly Adefope, Sally Phillips ( well knew her already ), Ryan, Pascoe, Kerry Godliman and Jess Knappett have all been good. Only Alice Levine was rubbish, but then, she is a radio 1 DJ so that is entirely expected.

Edited by Rodders
  • Like 2

50 minutes ago, Brumerican said:

Somebody's knockin' on the door.

Somebody's ringin' the bell.

Pedant alert

“Someone’s knockin’ on the door.

Somebody’s ringin’ the bell.”

I’d hadn’t heard that song before those adverts. In fact I still don’t think I’ve heard it all the way through. Dreadful though.

Just now, Shropshire Lad said:

Pedant alert

“Someone’s knockin’ on the door.

Somebody’s ringin’ the bell.”

I’d hadn’t heard that song before those adverts. In fact I still don’t think I’ve heard it all the way through. Dreadful though.

I don't even know what it's advertising.

Instant channel changer.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, This Could Be Rotterdam said:

A girl on my office has a mouse pad and coaster that are just her face. It's ridiculous and perfectly sums her up!

Similar to that, a girl in my office has a picture of herself as her phone wallpaper. 

And if you go on her facebook, she has hundreds of photos and I would say 90% at least, and I'm not exaggerating, are selfies. She'll go on holiday somewhere nice and just upload pictures of her face.

It's so weird.

• Like 1

I don't know if this pisses me off... it's more bizarre than anything.

Last night I got a message on TripAdvisor from a totally random person.

It just said

"You're a clearing in the woods"

I mean, fair enough. But how did they KNOW I was a clearing in the woods? 

• Haha 4

1 hour ago, Stevo985 said:

Similar to that, a girl in my office has a picture of herself as her phone wallpaper. 

And if you go on her facebook, she has hundreds of photos and I would say 90% at least, and I'm not exaggerating, are selfies. She'll go on holiday somewhere nice and just upload pictures of her face.

It's so weird.

It's that stupid duck pout young women do that really gets on my norks. What's wrong with a nice smile ?

As for their male counterparts who would never dream of smiling for the camera but have to look moody or scowl as if they're "propa gangsta, blad !"....they're even worse ! 

Immaturity at it's finest 🙄

• Like 1

1 hour ago, mottaloo said:

It's that stupid duck pout young women do that really gets on my norks. What's wrong with a nice smile ?

As for their male counterparts who would never dream of smiling for the camera but have to look moody or scowl as if they're "propa gangsta, blad !"....they're even worse ! 

Immaturity at it's finest 🙄

This. Stupid clearings in the woods!

My female cousin always did this stupid pouting thing in a picture which gave her the look she had just been thumped in the mouth by someone.

Do these morons not realise they look nothing more than totally **** stupid muppets in these pictures!??

- There is a reason I barely speak to her much these days.  😄

• Haha 1

7 hours ago, Rodders said:

Yes I like her more now, happens that way, maybe when comics realise there's more space to develop a set beyond doing what they think is expected, the can develop. I've found shows like Taskmaster a great way of discovering new funny folk - of both genders. The women have largely all been good fun: Aisling Bea, Lolly Adefope, Sally Phillips ( well knew her already ), Ryan, Pascoe, Kerry Godliman and Jess Knappett have all been good. Only Alice Levine was rubbish, but then, she is a radio 1 DJ so that is entirely expected.

Taskmaster in general has had me liking all the comedians on it by the end of the series, even Russell Howard.  The only female I've found a bit annoying is Aisling Bea (Alice Levine is hot so gets away with being less funny).  Kerry Godliman and Sally Phillips were great.

• Like 2

10 hours ago, This Could Be Rotterdam said:

A girl on my office has a mouse pad and coaster that are just her face. It's ridiculous and perfectly sums her up!

Mentalist alert. 

Its been done many times before: other people having music on their phones when on the train. On loud speaker.

Its just a chap talking into a drum machine with a bit of keyboard. I have no desire to listen to it, I'd prefer to travel in silence thank you.

Edited by Unused Sub
  • Like 4

16 minutes ago, Unused Sub said:

Its been done many times before: other people having music on their phones when on the train. On loud speaker.

Its just a chap talking into a drum machine with a bit of keyboard. I have no desire to listen to it, I'd prefer to travel in silence thank you.

The arrogance of these type of actions is not only infuriating but also mind boggling. These people truly do live in a different world.

• Like 2

Â