Things that piss you off that shouldn't

AVFCforever1991

7 hours ago, lapal_fan said:

By not wearing (buying) socks, he's actually demonstrating that he's astute with money and is making savings in places others can only dream of.. 🧐

That's it, I am no longer purchasing any trousers. 

Wow. Not at any point in my interactions on this site have I ever for a moment thought that @lapal_fan wore trousers, unless they were on his head of course. 

On 04/02/2019 at 21:11, chrisp65 said:

yeah, pair of comedians, doctor has confirmed mine is within the range of normal

picture was a concert in the Memorial Hall down the hill from my house, Budgie, with support from Judas Priest

33110730398_8335e55400_n.jpg

Budgie > Judas Priest for me. 

• Like 1

Was playing the who wants to be a millionaire app on my phone , win points all the usual gubbins but give the brain a bit of an outing before I go to bed 

the £500k question was who made(created ) the statue “David” that is on display in florence 

been there , seen it so Michelangelo and move on to the million pound question 

blow me if the game then tells me I’m wrong and the answer is Donatello

google does reveal that Donatello did also create 2 works called David and they are also on display in Florence so I guess you could argue the game is correct , but even so I’m sulking and have deleted the app as a result 

I’m a heathen when it comes to art but Michelangelo’s David has got to be one of if not the most famous statutes in the world hasn’t it  , the question writers can’t possibly have not known this could they ?

• Like 1
  • Haha 2
  • Sad 1

36 minutes ago, tonyh29 said:

Was playing the who wants to be a millionaire app on my phone , win points all the usual gubbins but give the brain a bit of an outing before I go to bed 

the £500k question was who made(created ) the statue “David” that is on display in florence 

been there , seen it so Michelangelo and move on to the million pound question 

blow me if the game then tells me I’m wrong and the answer is Donatello

google does reveal that Donatello did also create 2 works called David and they are also on display in Florence so I guess you could argue the game is correct , but even so I’m sulking and have deleted the app as a result 

I’m a heathen when it comes to art but Michelangelo’s David has got to be one of if not the most famous statutes in the world hasn’t it  , the question writers can’t possibly have not known this could they ?

I don't remember anyone queueing up to see Donatello's David.  In fact, i don't remember Fodor's even mentioning any other than Michelangelo's.

• Like 1

These two guys who sit next to each other and across from me at work.

One tells the other he's going to have a busy couple of months because he's going to loads of gigs. And he's also going to the races.

So the other guy said "You'll need to win at the races to fund all those gigs!"

And the second guy replied with something like "No I've planned it all out quite carefully so I should be fine with money"

The first guy seemed to be just making small talk to pass the time, the story may have been shit but he doesn't need to be criticised about his ability to run his finances.

And the second guy was just trying to make a joke. It wasn't funny but it was a shit story anyway. He should have just given him a polite laugh and shut up.

What makes it worse is both guys are Villa fans so they probably both hang out on the same forum or something, and shouldn't want to annoy each other too much.

Brothers in arms and all that...

1 hour ago, PriceyDownunder said:

These two guys who sit next to each other and across from me at work.

One tells the other he's going to have a busy couple of months because he's going to loads of gigs. And he's also going to the races.

So the other guy said "You'll need to win at the races to fund all those gigs!"

And the second guy replied with something like "No I've planned it all out quite carefully so I should be fine with money"

The first guy seemed to be just making small talk to pass the time, the story may have been shit but he doesn't need to be criticised about his ability to run his finances.

And the second guy was just trying to make a joke. It wasn't funny but it was a shit story anyway. He should have just given him a polite laugh and shut up.

What makes it worse is both guys are Villa fans so they probably both hang out on the same forum or something, and shouldn't want to annoy each other too much.

Brothers in arms and all that...

I'm sure I've read something similar to this somewhere..   

Guy who sits next to me is a Stoke fan so Mr Bojangles' scenario is coincidentally a shockingly similar situation to mine, but demonstrably not the same one.

So you can all suck my balls :) 

• Haha 1

Bloody TV Licence people sent me a threatening letter through the post saying I've not got one and they're taking the final steps of the enforcement process.  I moved to this flat in December and transferred my licence at the same time, I double checked it on the website and I'm registered and all paid up for another year.  I can't even ring the number and speak to someone, you only get the options to talk to a robot and none of them are for 'I've already got a licence you bunch of dicks'.  If someone turns up on my doorstep I might jaw volley them.

• Like 2

Doing a survey, and the question: Over the last 12 months, who do you think has been the most heroic and why? 

Lots of options but having

Divers involved with The Tham Luang cave rescue in Thailand  (who I picked)

next to

Harry Redknapp (English football manager)  

W T actual F?

Firstly, he's not even a manager. And secondly, heroic? Twitchy ballbag face? The most heroic thing he could do is learn to **** read.

• Haha 2

24 minutes ago, rjw63 said:

Doing a survey, and the question: Over the last 12 months, who do you think has been the most heroic and why? 

Lots of options but having

Divers involved with The Tham Luang cave rescue in Thailand  (who I picked)

next to

Harry Redknapp (English football manager)  

W T actual F?

Firstly, he's not even a manager. And secondly, heroic? Twitchy ballbag face? The most heroic thing he could do is learn to **** read.

Are they saying he's heroic because he won 'I'm a Celebrity' ?  Forfuxake :bang:

• Confused 1

41 minutes ago, BOF said:

Are they saying he's heroic because he won 'I'm a Celebrity' ?  Forfuxake :bang:

I've no idea why anyone would think he's heroic.

Although Jordan Pickford and Harry Kane were also in the list of choices, and certain Royals.

Edited by rjw63

8 hours ago, sharkyvilla said:

Bloody TV Licence people sent me a threatening letter through the post saying I've not got one and they're taking the final steps of the enforcement process.  I moved to this flat in December and transferred my licence at the same time, I double checked it on the website and I'm registered and all paid up for another year.  I can't even ring the number and speak to someone, you only get the options to talk to a robot and none of them are for 'I've already got a licence you bunch of dicks'.  If someone turns up on my doorstep I might jaw volley them.

If I knew I was in the right like you do, I wouldn't even entertain phoning them up, I'd just let them waste their time and effort

• Like 3

9 hours ago, sharkyvilla said:

Exactly the same thing happened to me a couple of weeks ago.  Moved house on November 19th, switched my licence online within a couple of days, got the threatening letter for bailiffs etc middle of January.

I wonder if they just send them to everyone 2 months after they've moved house?

My Mrs was stressed out about it and wanted to contact them, but like you say there is no way of doing so.

I just said I hope they send the words removed round so I can give them a round of ****.

• Like 1

Not sure why this upsets as much as it does but I have a real hatred of the little tags they put now put over the top of rugby scores on TV to tell you how many tries have been scored by a team. I mean who are they for? People who can't count to 4? People who aren't really watching? People who suffer short term memory loss? Or is it some device to try to engage the "Me watch rugby. Me want number 4. Me know 4 good" audience?

• Like 1

2 hours ago, WhatAboutTheFinish said:

Not sure why this upsets as much as it does but I have a real hatred of the little tags they put now put over the top of rugby scores on TV to tell you how many tries have been scored by a team. I mean who are they for? People who can't count to 4? People who aren't really watching? People who suffer short term memory loss? Or is it some device to try to engage the "Me watch rugby. Me want number 4. Me know 4 good" audience?

Well (speaking as a non rugby fan), I assume it gives you some idea (if you switch on mid-game) of how a team's been playing. I mean, if the points tally has been achieved mainly via tries (rather than by drop goals and penalties) it tells you something about the tactics and balance of play, does it not? 

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, mjmooney said:

Well (speaking as a non rugby fan), I assume it gives you some idea (if you switch on mid-game) of how a team's been playing. I mean, if the points tally has been achieved mainly via tries (rather than by drop goals and penalties) it tells you something about the tactics and balance of play, does it not? 

I can understand the argument but am not wholly convinced. As an example, if I had started to watch Sco v Ire yesterday at around the 15 minute mark and seen the score 3-12 (2T), any assumptions I may draw about the balance of play so far would have probably been pretty wide of the mark.

Even if it was the case, how big is the coming in late market that TV graphics have to be designed with them in mind?

Â