Things that piss you off that shouldn't

AVFCforever1991

I can't talk. My father just asked why I'm better at typing than talking. Says I have to improve it. He's dead right though. I can't string a sentence together in speech. Any ideas how I'd improve getting the things in my head out through my mouth?

...hmmmm, nah, im not gonna attempt it.

I can't talk. My father just asked why I'm better at typing than talking. Says I have to improve it. He's dead right though. I can't string a sentence together in speech. Any ideas how I'd improve getting the things in my head out through my mouth?

I've got the same problem. Not much of a talker IRL.

I should not care but the fact that women get the same prize money as the men at Wimbledon, that can't be right can it ?

Serrena Williams is the favourite, she nearly died not long ago (few months). Strong women field then, from death bed to odds on in days.

I agree. If the women want the same prize money, they **** play the same amount of sets to win a match. 3is a woman's maximum, 3 is the men's minimum.

Women probably play as much actual tennis as the men do. Men's points are often won on aces and on fewer strokes (i.e. serve, volley, win) a lot more. Women don't get nearly as many aces and there are a lot more rallies in women's tennis so they probably actually strike the ball in their 3 sets as often as the men do in whatever amount of sets they play.

They bring as many people through the gate. They generate as much revenue for Wimbledon as the men do, ergo they get the same prize money i.e the same share of the profits. That's how I see it anyhoo.

Work seems to be a great font of little things that piss me off at the moment.

We offer cash trade ins for pretty much anything gaming related - if it can go through the till, is in decent nick and you've got I.D., you can get cash for something, assuming we have the cash in the till. It never ceases to amaze me that people don't get that last bit. Common sense would dictate that if you want to get cash for something, you go in at a time when there's likely to be a surplus in the till.

So not first thing on a Sunday morning. A chap comes in expecting us to be able to give him the circa £100 for what he had on him at 10:30 on a Sunday, when we've literally just opened, and done no business. He then acts like I personally ruined his day.

Regarding Wimbledon, I've never known a men's match be all done and dusted in 40 minutes. This is often the case with women's games - rallys included. Maybe they should get 2/3 of the prize money as men then.

Maybe they should all be on piece work rates?

Paid by the set, or the stroke, or the minute, something like that.

If women's tennis was paid by the stroke, I'd have made Maria Sharapova a small fortune.

Women probably play as much actual tennis as the men do. Men's points are often won on aces and on fewer strokes (i.e. serve, volley, win) a lot more. Women don't get nearly as many aces and there are a lot more rallies in women's tennis so they probably actually strike the ball in their 3 sets as often as the men do in whatever amount of sets they play.

That is the problems though, the idea is to put your opponent away as quickly as possible. They might hit the ball more but does that mean they are not hitting the winners at an appropriate (or winning) speed if they come back over the net all the time.

If I had a mens final ticket and you have a women's final ticket which of us could sell it for the most money if they are equal on the grass ? (In theory it should be the same price ?)

If they are going to have equal money then the skirts need to get a lot shorter IMO, c'mon...give something back :-)

So you start the day with a completely empty till? What if you have to give change?

It isn't empty but there's not that much in it, and the till itself keeps track of the days takings and starts each day at zero for each transaction type - we aren't allowed to go into minuses on the till's count, simply because we can't guarentee we'll get it back up over zero. It also would potentially screw up any ability to offer change to any other customer.

So we couldn't offer a cash trade in from the moment the store opened.

They bring as many people through the gate. They generate as much revenue for Wimbledon as the men do, ergo they get the same prize money i.e the same share of the profits. That's how I see it anyhoo.

No they don't.

The mens games are a much bigger draw for TV.

No they don't.

The mens games are a much bigger draw for TV.

*Currently.

Â