Things that piss you off that shouldn't

AVFCforever1991

trying to think what year would be mine, definitely the year that all the turtles toys had sold out everywhere here but my auntie lived in canada so had brought a load of stuff back with her for my mom to give me (i was running round with the blimp like a boss) and whatever year i got a snes 

• Haha 1

54 minutes ago, Rugeley Villa said:

Yeah I get what you mean, but isn’t it the same with everything now? Everything is evolving and in another generations time who knows what it will be like. I just don’t see the problem with kids believing in Santa, or even the tooth fairy. 

The anticipation of opening presents isn't made any less exciting for kids by the presence of an imaginary magic man

Tell your kids you bought the presents paid for with your hard work and you bought them because you love them

You can still even tell them they'll not get the presents unless they behave throughout the year

Only give one present every year - to my folks. 

Unless its something they specifically want (a Macbook or iPad or something like that) then its a few hundred notes in a card. Job done. 

1 hour ago, villa4europe said:

trying to think what year would be mine, definitely the year that all the turtles toys had sold out everywhere here but my auntie lived in canada so had brought a load of stuff back with her for my mom to give me (i was running round with the blimp like a boss) and whatever year i got a snes 

The North American TMNT figures were slightly smaller than the UK ones. I know as I had both! B)

25 minutes ago, bickster said:

The anticipation of opening presents isn't made any less exciting for kids by the presence of an imaginary magic man

Tell your kids you bought the presents paid for with your hard work and you bought them because you love them

You can still even tell them they'll not get the presents unless they behave throughout the year

I know the thought of Santa goes out the window once they have opened their presents, or even just before they open them. I just think it’s nice for kids to believe in the fairytale that is Santa. I know I loved it as a kid, and I’m sure my kids do. I am by no means saying you are wrong, because you ain’t. It’s nice to let the imagination wonder at times. 

A lot of my Christmas memories merge. 

The one that stands out was when me (and my brother) received a SNES along with Super Mario World, the gun and whatever game the gun was used for. Looking at the release year, it must have 1992.

I remember feigning enthusiasm one year when I thought a present was going to be a villa shirt (I’d built it up in my mind and was looking forward to wearing it) and it turned out to be a villa jumper, the ungrateful little shit that I am. Looking back, the jumper was the better present anyway.

I’m personally looking forward to Christmas as I get to enjoy it afresh vicariously through my kid. 

• Like 1

You know when people say PIN number, when they shouldn't because that's Personal Identification Number number?

We have one of those for a process I do at work daily.

Imagine if a few times a day somebody asked if you support AVFC Football Club?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

21 hours ago, Shropshire Lad said:

A lot of my Christmas memories merge. 

The one that stands out was when me (and my brother) received a SNES along with Super Mario World, the gun and whatever game the gun was used for. Looking at the release year, it must have 1992.

My SNES came with Street Fighter 2! 

What a year! 

I bought my first console.

The year me and my bro got a Spectrum+2 between us was ace. 

'Best one' as far as reminiscing about our favourite presents when we chat with our folks, was mid 80's though when we got a Millenium Falcon also to share. Would have been a 'Jedi' one like this

th?id=OIP.w1dCI6KG9amX8rft-eDCswHaF2%26p

There used to be a shop in Brownhills - I think it was called Texas - It was over the arcade from hillards the supermarket that pre dated tescos IIRC. We used to eye up all the toys on the star wars shelves in there.

I can still remember squabbling over who got to put the stickers on.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Rodders said:

Think 1991/2 or was the first one for us, when I got the Sega Master System II with Alex Kidd in Miracle World built in, and Sonic with it. Good times.

This!..  Alex the Kidd imw was the bollocks.

I got this MSII with Alex Kidd built in and  Bomber Raid game too.

13 minutes ago, lapal_fan said:

So this forum remembers when they got their first consoles.. 

Yes. Freakin awesome times.

Wonderboy II is also wicked you should know.  :D

Sorry to take the thread off topic slightly but What pisses me off that shouldn't?

Bastards that clog the bath plug hole with hair wrapped around all the holes and leave it there!..

...Back on topic, Sega Saturns were shite.  ;)

Edited by AvfcRigo82

1 hour ago, lapal_fan said:

So this forum remembers when they got their first consoles.. 

Well, strictly speaking I won a gameboy through a prize in a packet of Quavers. I was going to have my picture in the local paper, but they never published the story. 

Still have the pictures the paper took. And the gameboy.

Â