Things that piss you off that shouldn't

AVFCforever1991

3 hours ago, blandy said:

I once got a Northern Fail train from Preston back to Lytham, summertime a few years back. After the footy, I think, or maybe cricket. Anyway, for whatever reason the train went at breakneck speed through every stop (not stopping) on the line, fair rattling along, going past people waiting on the platforms at 70 miles an hour or whatever - startled looks all round. It got to Blackpool North (end of the line). Sat there for 15 minutes, then another driver got on, and it trundled back, stopping most stops on the way and I was eventually able to get off at Lytham. There was no announcement, no explanation, nothing. Bloke must have been on a promise or something.

He must have been wanting a ride on the 'big one' 

BelatedWhiteChital-max-1mb.gif

• Haha 4

I'd say there is a healthy balance to strike. It's all about choices innit. The way I look at it is what I will say in my deathbed.  

"I'm so glad that I had takeaway coffee, M and S sandwiches every day, an expensive family car that had blutooth, a Hotpoint dishwasher, Oak bookshelves and a subscription to Which magazine". 

• Like 1

10 hours ago, KHV said:

The fact that I sharted whilst out in Sutton Coldfield earlier tonight ?

I've learned never to take a risk on a fart nowadays. 

On 05/10/2018 at 14:19, bickster said:

Miseryrail is apparently one of the most on-time services in the country because they run trains "semi-fast" at the drop of a hat when they are late i.e. they miss out stations, so people have to get off at different stations and wait for another train, making them late but the train they were on, was on time!

Northern, on the other hand, have worked out that it is cheaper to pay the passenger compensation for cancelling a train than it is to pay the rail regulator fines for being late. Cancelled trains do not get a regulator penalty

They also put that the train has ‘arrived’ on their screens at least a minute before it does as some stations (St Michaels, South Parkway) so their stats aren’t true in any case.

33 minutes ago, chappy said:

They also put that the train has ‘arrived’ on their screens at least a minute before it does as some stations (St Michaels, South Parkway) so their stats aren’t true in any case.

We had ”here” on the board for a good three or four minutes before the train arrived the other night

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, Morley_crosses_to_Withe said:

Self proclaimed “fitness/gym enthusiasts” who think they’re such because they’ve bought a Fitbit and managed a 3K run or joined Pure Gym and purchased a tub of MaxiMuscle. 

Plus walk around in shite 'Alphalete' or 'Gym Shark' attire, even when not at the gym.

I spent most of the weekend putting together flat pack furniture. Annoying in its mindnumbing-ness, and frustrating in the times where the instructions aren't quite right, the thing that really pisses me off though is the fact I put it all together by hand with a ratchet screwdriver. Day one had my hands blistered. By the end of today most blisters have largely gone away, except one, at the top of my palm, right on what palm readers would call the heart line I think, between my ring finger and middle finger. It's become a swollen lump, sore and so big and taut it actually pulls my fingers towards my palm. I basically can't do anything with my right hand. It's driving me mad.

I really don't want to go to work today.  There is one Representative for Wellingborough that I hate that I can't bear the thought of being in the same room as him.  I'm not one for conflict so I know I'll just bottle up my hatred while he goes about the day in his dickish way.  One day I'll get the nerve to volley him in the jaw.

• Like 1

Â