Things that piss you off that shouldn't

AVFCforever1991

1 minute ago, zak said:

Ah, i used to have the old triple vodka with WKD as a mixer, back in my days.

Also Fat Frogs which is a very irish thing: Blue WKD, Smirnoff Ice and Orange Bacardi Breezer pored into 2 pint glasses and shared with a friend

Wake up in the morning and your teeth are falling out. Everytime I had Smirnoff ice my teeth used to hurt when brushing them the following morning. When you first start going out it's great. Remember when wetherspoons first opened in rugeley and that was the Meeting point to start the night off. Bang two vodka and red bull pitchers down ya then hit the other pubs. 

6 minutes ago, StefanAVFC said:

Ah Turboshandies...

reminds me of being 18, going to Subway City in Brum, tenner entry with 10 free drinks. Used to get 5 lagers and 5 off brand smirnoff ices. 

Good times.

I stupidly did that on a work night once and was sick in the back of @Rob182's car the next morning.

• Like 2

Reading the past few pages has really got me worried about my drinking. I'm not boasting nor glorifying what I do, but I can regularly sink 15-20 pints and find time to walk home and wake up feeling pretty normal. I mean, I have a hangover but it's just a dull head and I fart like a trooper.

I've got a kid on the way and I need to knock all that on the head. Thank God I don't do drugs as well.

Just got a letter from HM Revenues and Customs

Opened it, Umpteen pages explaining in great detail how me and the missus aren't entitled to any tax credits

We knew that, we didn't apply for any and our daughter is nearly 21

What a monumental waste of money sending out something that confirms what we already knew and didnt ask for.

• Like 3

11 hours ago, Rugeley Villa said:

Why? 

Because to put it bluntly John Terry is a word removed who I dislike intensely. 

Edited by Seat68
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, Rugeley Villa said:

Going back to the hedonistic days of the early naughties I used to drink turbo shandy. Half pint of Stella in a pint glass with a bottle of Smirnoff ice tipped in to make the pint up. By god after five of them you were smashed. I couldn't drink them now mind, think I'd throw up after one mouthful.

I pissed the bed, the last and only time I drank turbo shandies. Snakebites on the other hand, I used to smash. Although I do recall (although I don't) drinking snakebites made out of Carly Spesh and White Lightning. I hated my liver, when I was a yout' dem.

• Like 2

The missus telling me virgin have been hacked and they're saying everyone needs to change their passwords

Having done it I read the actual story and realise it doesn't affect me, it was superhub passwords that needed changing.

3 hours ago, AVFC_Hitz said:

Reading the past few pages has really got me worried about my drinking. I'm not boasting nor glorifying what I do, but I can regularly sink 15-20 pints and find time to walk home and wake up feeling pretty normal. I mean, I have a hangover but it's just a dull head and I fart like a trooper.

I've got a kid on the way and I need to knock all that on the head. Thank God I don't do drugs as well.

How old are you? Up until I was about 28 I was like that then the hangovers finally caught up with me.

49 minutes ago, Dr_Pangloss said:

15-20 pints? You must be a big bloke. I can probably handle 15-20 drinks at a push, but pints have to stop at around 8 for me.

Back in my Army days we had to do annual CFT's (Combat Fitness Test) which included doing an 8 mile march carrying a 55lb rucksack in under 2 hours.

In the Airborne Battalions we would then go out and drink 8 pints in under 2 hours pretty much straight after !:D

Edited by Brumerican
  • Like 3

5 hours ago, dAVe80 said:

Although I do recall (although I don't) drinking snakebites made out of Carly Spesh and White Lightning. I hated my liver, when I was a yout' dem.

You can take the boy out of Erdington...

• Like 2

I think the most pints I ever managed in one night was 10 or 11... Guinness both times. Once at the Hard Rock Cafe in Birmingham (was shitting tar the next day) and the other in The Crown in Belfast on a mates stag.

in terms of spirits, on one night out some work colleague reckoned I guzzled 20 plus JD & Cokes... over the course of about 12 hours, mind you. 

Nowadays... 2 pints and i'm yawning and wake up with a stonking headache.

Edited by Xela

Â