Things that piss you off that shouldn't

AVFCforever1991

10 hours ago, Wainy316 said:

There was a day (partially thanks to Merlin sticker collections) that I could name every single player in the Prem.  Now I couldn't name more than 2 players from some teams.

Also I couldn't name the managers of Southampton, Hull, Leicester and Watford, although I am now going to google them.

Yep, there was a quiz on Facebook a couple of months ago where you had to name the 90's prem league players from their 'sticker' images. I got 50 out of 50.

I doubt I'd get 5 out of 50 these days, such is my disinterest.

To be honest, this forum is pretty much my only link to football of any kind these days.

There's a big Italian market in town for Easter so I thought I'd pop in, I get there and immediately a pigeon shat on my head so had to go home and rinse my hair out three times.  I still feel filthy as ****.  I must have gone my first 20 years without being shat on and it's been four times in the last 11.  Normally I'd find it funny but I'm fuming.

• Like 3

49 minutes ago, sharkyvilla said:

There's a big Italian market in town for Easter so I thought I'd pop in, I get there and immediately a pigeon shat on my head so had to go home and rinse my hair out three times.  I still feel filthy as ****.  I must have gone my first 20 years without being shat on and it's been four times in the last 11.  Normally I'd find it funny but I'm fuming.

Bad news!

I was shat on by a gull in a busy pub beer garden last summer. It was an all dayer and I was only a few sips into my first pint! Luckily my jumper took most of the impact. Cleaned myself up in the bogs and binned my jumper!

5 hours ago, sharkyvilla said:

There's a big Italian market in town for Easter so I thought I'd pop in, I get there and immediately a pigeon shat on my head

That made i laugh out loud and i rarely do that ! I felt bad about laughing so i read it again and - again - i burst out laughing !

I'm a bad person :( and despite my avatar, I'm not really a crow. 

Sorry. Again.

• Like 3

15 minutes ago, mottaloo said:

That made i laugh out loud and i rarely do that ! I felt bad about laughing so i read it again and - again - i burst out laughing !

I could sense the anger in @sharkyvilla's post, which made it all the funnier! 

• Like 1

On 4/16/2017 at 10:27, sharkyvilla said:

When you have a really nice meal out, the food is great, the service brilliant, until it comes to when you finish and want to pay the bill, ending up having to wait almost longer for that than it took to eat 3 courses.  I never understand why they don't want to take your money as soon as possible and get the next lot of customers in.

Yes this one I totally agree with. 

Might have posted it in here before but a pigeon once managed to shit in my pint without even touching the sides. It was sat up a tree in a beer garden. 

It didn't piss me off really as it was funny.

One of the lads I was with then took said pint to the bar and complained that it was bad and got me a replacement. 

• Like 1

On 4/16/2017 at 10:09, Dr_Pangloss said:

I've totally detached from football this season and I don't really miss it much. I can count on one hand the amount of premier league games I've watched from start to finish. If there's one thing positive about being out of the Premier League is that you can really see it for the overhyped, self serving shite it truly is. 

Yep. Watched Bournemouth play whoever yesterday and it was almost MLS level.

On 4/16/2017 at 10:39, rjw63 said:

I save lots of money and I'm happier now Villa don't **** upmy weekend.

It will be my pleasure to take you to Barcelona v Aston Villa five years from this week.

• Like 1

I rarely take a day off work, both times I try to (because of feeling shit) my colleagues in the UK either screw up their rota or want a day off too at the very last minute.

21 minutes ago, StefanAVFC said:

I rarely take a day off work, both times I try to (because of feeling shit) my colleagues in the UK either screw up their rota or want a day off too at the very last minute.

Just taking their country back, snowflake.

• Like 1

18 hours ago, sharkyvilla said:

http://m.imgur.com/gallery/zWbvSLl

Could be worse...

• Like 1

Overheard at the gym yesterday. I missed the start of the conversation...

"... so anyway then I took my guitar out and played him a song and when I finished everyone in the bar stood up and applauded me"

DIDN'T HAPPEN, MATE!

• Like 2

When my phone updates a few apps in one go but one of the icons goes missing afterwards and i cant remember which one it is.

(Ok, i know that i should cross check "recently updated apps" on the playstore, but I'm more peed off at my ever failing memory than anything else :()

7 hours ago, Stevo985 said:

Overheard at the gym yesterday. I missed the start of the conversation...

"... so anyway then I took my guitar out and played him a song and when I finished everyone in the bar stood up and applauded me"

DIDN'T HAPPEN, MATE!

• Like 2

17 hours ago, mottaloo said:

When my phone updates a few apps in one go but one of the icons goes missing afterwards and i cant remember which one it is.

(Ok, i know that i should cross check "recently updated apps" on the playstore, but I'm more peed off at my ever failing memory than anything else :()

Get a better launcher.

Â