Things that piss you off that shouldn't

AVFCforever1991

1 hour ago, Xela said:

i'm off Today and Monday but will probably have to log on at some point this weekend for a few hours :(

Will you really need to or just think you ought to? If it's the later, will it be that bad if you don't log on for a few hours or could it be that you'll gain more by being truly rested after a few days genuinely away from work?

6 hours ago, Stevo985 said:

Not getting good Friday off work.

Used to be the same at JLR, but instead we'd get the Monday and Tuesday off. So Friday sucked but once Tuesday rolled around you were laughing.

At the new place we don't get Good Friday or the Tuesday. So now I'm miserable.

That's pretty **** shit, so much for work life balance.

I'm working tonight, off sat & sun night then back in Monday and Tuesday night. 19:30 - 07:30.

So technically I'm off the weekend but I'll be sleeping through the daytime then when I wake up the day will be over and no one will be around. The joys of night shifts working for the NHS.

On top of that, when I get up the supermarkets will be closed for easter too.

Your easter seems better now doesn't it.

2 hours ago, brommy said:

Will you really need to or just think you ought to? If it's the later, will it be that bad if you don't log on for a few hours or could it be that you'll gain more by being truly rested after a few days genuinely away from work?

I don't have to but I already have a stack of work lined up for Tuesday morning plus I'm covering another job next week. A few hours getting up to speed on Monday will make me feel a whole lot better about going in Tuesday morning! 

13 minutes ago, Xela said:

All the fuss over the new Great British Bake Off.

**** off. 

Yeah, I don't get it either. It's a show about making ******* cakes, who cares if it's on BBC or Channel 4!?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, dAVe80 said:

Yeah, I don't get it either. It's a show about making ******* cakes, who cares if it's on BBC or Channel 4!?

...with Noel Fielding.

It's on the same level as war crimes

• Like 1

The wife's mate buying a £500k house

my house suddenly becoming nit good enough, I could actually get that value house, my mortgage (and kind of assuming her mates will be too) would be £2k a month, my life which I happen to enjoy wukd be put on hold, my villa ST away days the four times I take her abroad a year, the half decent car I drive (I'm honestly nit trying to stoke my own bollocks here...) all of that would disappear so that the 2 of us with no desire for kids could buy a 5 bedroom house 

I just don't get it

• Like 4

15 hours ago, Xela said:

...with Noel Fielding.

It's on the same level as war crimes

I actually got quite into the bakeoff in the last series. It's not bad television to be perfectly honest.

But I totally agree about the fuss with it moving. It really doesn't matter what channel it's on.

BUT, the inclusion of possibly the most unfunny "comedian" that has eevr lived, Noel Fielding, means I'm highly unlikely to ever watch it again.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, lapal_fan said:

The shitter is that I'm currently being made redundant! (Good things will come I'm sure.)

Sorry to hear that chief, any chance of being redeployed within the business? How long you been there? 

35 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

I'd like a nice big house if I had a family.

But for the time being when it's just me and the other half, I'd rather spend the money on a nice flat.

I'm not fussed about a big house, but I would like a house, just to have a garden. I'll settle for a little terraced place with a small back garden just so I have somewhere to sit during the 10 days or so every year that we have sunshine. Not fussed about grass, I'd settle for concrete and decking!

I'm more interested in location rather than size, which I guess is its own form of snobbery but I'm unapologetic about that. I want to live in a nice area, with lower crime rates and better shops and restaurants. 

Kind of the same, I moved to a nice little culdesac off the council estate I grew up on, I'm not in the pebble dash houses but I'm back to where I spent 20 years growing up, for me it's perfect, for my missus it's a bit rough still, she won't use the shops on the estate she'll go to the Tesco express the next estate over (that estate has a drug problem and there's more crime there but she doesn't know that estate either do doesn't see it) her mom lives out in the country, like 15 minute drive down a dirt track middle of nowhere, that ain't happening for me no way I don't want that life

what i think I found with my house is we have a back garden that's block paving and decking, we have a front that's all tarmac, no grass, no gardening, for me that's absolutely perfect, we think they struggled to sell it because of that though

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

Kind of the same, I moved to a nice little culdesac off the council estate I grew up on, I'm not in the pebble dash houses but I'm back to where I spent 20 years growing up, for me it's perfect, for my missus it's a bit rough still, she won't use the shops on the estate she'll go to the Tesco express the next estate over (that estate has a drug problem and there's more crime there but she doesn't know that estate either do doesn't see it) her mom lives out in the country, like 15 minute drive down a dirt track middle of nowhere, that ain't happening for me no way I don't want that life

what i think I found with my house is we have a back garden that's block paving and decking, we have a front that's all tarmac, no grass, no gardening, for me that's absolutely perfect, we think they struggled to sell it because of that though

There's a netflix documentary called Minimalism, delves into the complete uselessness of having a big house and how past a certain point of earnings/possessions, more makes no difference to your happiness. Make her watch it!

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Davkaus said:

We've got an alarming number of 'fans' tugging themselves off as we lose, because they get to say 'I told you so', for a couple of days at least. **** On Topic. 

Exactly what I thought when I saw the result.

Edited by Xela

Â