Things that piss you off that shouldn't

AVFCforever1991

5 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

When I was in Thailand we ate in a restaurant that overlooked a car park. Anyone who has been to Bangkok knows there are about 10 times as many cars there as the city can hope. Traffic is everywhere, and the same for car parks. Spaces are at a premium.

This car park was small, it had one row of bays. So people parked in the bays, and then when they were full the next people would parallel park in front of the bays, blocking the bay cars in.

However, there was a man who had the job of moving the cars. The parallel parked cars left their handbrake off, as colhint described about portugal, and there was always one vacant space in the row of parallel parked cars. So when someone came along to leave one of the bays, this guy had the job of rolling all the cars out of the way so the one space allowed the bay car to leave.

He must have been fit as a butcher's dog, because he spent the whole 90 minutes we were there handling this operation, pushing cars back and forth, and it was about 35 degrees!

You've made my parking story quite boring.

So here's a picture of some old stacked parking. Riveting stuff.

Image result for chicago vertical parking   

5 hours ago, Paddywhack said:

Parking stories, I like it.

After Edgbaston shopping centre was demolished and before the Morrisons was built, the land was used as a car park for a few years. Because there were no markings, people were just left to their own devices to park where they wanted. My office looked over the car park, so in the mornings I used to watch them like ants. People aren't as organised as ants.

This is hard to describe without a diagram or salt and pepper shakers, but someone would start a row and then somebody else would park in front or behind them and start another row. But then some plonker would come along and start another row. You'd end up with about 100 cars in 3 rows, the middle row completely trapped. It was quite humorous at 5pm.

Sorry, this belongs in the boring thread doesn't it? 

I remember that car park. When it rained it was like a lake!

Hmmm where does @Paddywhack work i wonder? Barclays? Tricorn house? 

11 minutes ago, Paddywhack said:

I couldn't possibly say, but I work for a bank.

Happily going through images looking for a comedy picture of a sperm bank and I've just remembered I'm on an office laptop and currently working on the office network.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, V01 said:

Turned on Channel 4 to perve on Rachel watch cats does countdown to be confronted by a bunch of irritating words removed, wtf is gogglebox?

its shit tv watching people watch shit tv

it always seems to fall perfectly in that "well theres **** all else on" slot

9 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

its shit tv watching people watch shit tv

it always seems to fall perfectly in that "well theres **** all else on" slot

Or, as I call it, the 'so switch the **** ing telly off' slot. 

35 minutes ago, mjmooney said:

yeah i should have done, its prime netflix hour but i was playing football manager not playing attention and it just kind of crept up on me

i think ive watched emmerdale, corrie, eastenders, corrie again and gogglebox tonight, its what FM does to you

11 hours ago, mjmooney said:

When I see my Mom, she always says "What did you watch last night, there was nothing on, was there?" to which I always reply, I don't watch the TV unless there is something on I want to watch!

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Xela said:

When I see my Mom, she always says "What did you watch last night, there was nothing on, was there?" to which I always reply, I don't watch the TV unless there is something on I want to watch!

This. My wife's default is "watch the least bad thing that is on". My default is "off". 

• Like 1

The amount of people wearing these frickin ridiculous Canada Goose jackets. They're sub zero, extreme weather outerwear yet I see people walking around down here in them when the weather is in double digits. 

Sheringham has got one on today on Goals on Sunday. It's probably about 13 degrees at Wembley. 

• Like 3

13 minutes ago, Morley_crosses_to_Withe said:

The amount of people wearing these frickin ridiculous Canada Goose jackets. They're sub zero, extreme weather outerwear yet I see people walking around down here in them when the weather is in double digits. 

Sheringham has got one on today on Goals on Sunday. It's probably about 13 degrees at Wembley. 

Fashion , innit?

I make do with my high street parka and an extra £1000 in my sky rocket. But yeah, its way too warm to be wearing that type of coat at the minute. 

Edited by Xela
  • Like 1

Â