Things that piss you off that shouldn't

AVFCforever1991

i have used The Sporting Life website for ages as a good source of all round info on a variety of different sports.

Today i go there and its all changed and in my opinion not for the better.

Why oh why do different website have to change? Often the change is what appears to be for change for change sake.

If it aint broke dont fix it.

now i cant find info on the sports i want....thats pissed me off

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, imavillan said:

i have used The Sporting Life website for ages as a good source of all round info on a variety of different sports.

Today i go there and its all changed and in my opinion not for the better.

Why oh why do different website have to change? Often the change is what appears to be for change for change sake.

I expect they have used valuable customer feedback from focus groups who have advised them that they want to see less content.  Which is extremely lucky for them because it allows them to respond to customer demands whilst saving a shed load of money at the same time.  Who would have thunk it. 

On 22 February 2017 at 20:19, TrentVilla said:

People who think it's acceptable to park fully across my drive and then take an attitude with me when I challenge them.

Its a weekly occurrence, worst one was there for 12 hours.

One of these days I'm going to take a hammer to a car.

Happened to me a month or so ago. I could get out by a few CM and my wife was fully blocked in. Ended up calling council and they came and gave them a ticket. Still annoying but at least some justice was served up. 

1 hour ago, villaglint said:

Happened to me a month or so ago. I could get out by a few CM and my wife was fully blocked in. Ended up calling council and they came and gave them a ticket. Still annoying but at least some justice was served up. 

I think we caught the tail end of this problem when we moved into our house a couple of years ago.

It's a terraced house right by two Primary Schools, one of which always has something going on like weight watchers or kids football. I've never seen a car block anybody's drive, but we got several letters through the door from the schools thanking us for our patience, they're pleased it's been resolved and to contact them if there's any further issues. Glad I didn't have to deal with that.

Edited by Paddywhack

when I worked in portugal, they had a good system people would park but not leave then handbrake on, obviously not on a hill. People would push the car out of the way to make space. If you could imagine the scenario, A van parks, then a car behind it. (call it car a) The van pulls off and another car pulls into the van slot. So there is a gap between the 2 parked cars. Next driver comes along and there is not enough gap to park behind car a, so he pushes car a forward a foot or so, to make enough space to park

• Like 1

Parking stories, I like it.

After Edgbaston shopping centre was demolished and before the Morrisons was built, the land was used as a car park for a few years. Because there were no markings, people were just left to their own devices to park where they wanted. My office looked over the car park, so in the mornings I used to watch them like ants. People aren't as organised as ants.

This is hard to describe without a diagram or salt and pepper shakers, but someone would start a row and then somebody else would park in front or behind them and start another row. But then some plonker would come along and start another row. You'd end up with about 100 cars in 3 rows, the middle row completely trapped. It was quite humorous at 5pm.

Sorry, this belongs in the boring thread doesn't it? 

17 hours ago, imavillan said:

On similar lines, when they move stuff round in the shop. Leave stuff where it is, then people can find it. Don't move the fish to where the bread was and the biscuits to where coffee was and washing up liquid to where the milk was...

But on the other hand, there are only two sports, football and cricket, so it can't be that hard to find info on them, surely?

36 minutes ago, colhint said:

when I worked in portugal, they had a good system people would park but not leave then handbrake on, obviously not on a hill. People would push the car out of the way to make space. If you could imagine the scenario, A van parks, then a car behind it. (call it car a) The van pulls off and another car pulls into the van slot. So there is a gap between the 2 parked cars. Next driver comes along and there is not enough gap to park behind car a, so he pushes car a forward a foot or so, to make enough space to park

That would be hilarious in Ireland.  We're just a pack of messers really :)

• Like 2

1 minute ago, BOF said:

That would be hilarious in Ireland.  We're just a pack of messers really :)

They also have spotters, a bit like  mind your car for you mister. But there are groups of them on the phone to their mates and when they find a spot they save it and wave you in

17 minutes ago, blandy said:

On similar lines, when they move stuff round in the shop. Leave stuff where it is, then people can find it.

People that can find what they're looking for spend a lot less than people wandering the store scanning every shelf looking for things. Every detail is planned to milk customers just a little bit more by getting people to buy shit they don't need.

1 minute ago, Davkaus said:

People that can find what they're looking for spend a lot less than people wandering the store scanning every shelf looking for things. Every detail is planned to milk customers just a little bit more by getting people to buy shit they don't need.

it's called the Gruen effect

• Like 1

Just now, Davkaus said:

Speaking of which, is always right at the back of the store along with the bread.

When I was in Thailand we ate in a restaurant that overlooked a car park. Anyone who has been to Bangkok knows there are about 10 times as many cars there as the city can handle. Traffic is everywhere, and the same for car parks. Spaces are at a premium.

This car park was small, it had one row of bays. So people parked in the bays, and then when they were full the next people would parallel park in front of the bays, blocking the bay cars in.

However, there was a man who had the job of moving the cars. The parallel parked cars left their handbrake off, as colhint described about portugal, and there was always one vacant space in the row of parallel parked cars. So when someone came along to leave one of the bays, this guy had the job of rolling all the cars out of the way so the one space allowed the bay car to leave.

He must have been fit as a butcher's dog, because he spent the whole 90 minutes we were there handling this operation, pushing cars back and forth, and it was about 35 degrees!

Edited by Stevo985
  • Like 1

Â