womens Euro 2013

Zatman

not sure if anybody was watching this so far but watching 2nd game of the day and its not bad at all. the teams are quite skillful, games are competitive and goalkeepers look a lot better than in previous tournaments.

also its refreshing to watch football with no cheating, diving and played in good spirit

I presume you've not seen Spain's last minute winner v England then Zatman?

i only saw that in goals and gaffes thread after i made this thread :P

but the 4 teams playing yesterday were actually quite decent, Iceland keeper made some very good saves

Brilliant face-OG that was. I've put it on the odd evening when I haven't had much better to do, but really, I can't find much enjoyment in watching it as the quality just isn't very good. Well, you know, beyond identifying the most hottest/cutest players.

Edited by hogso

Well, the quality might not be great, but it's still football, ergo, plenty of drama. England just equalised in injury time, keeping hopes of qualification from the group alive.

No mate, believe me I would never ever watch a game of women's football. I've nothing against women's sport, I would happily watch tennis, athletics and just about anything in the Olympics.

But women's football is a joke.

It has gotten better but its more for the comedic effect of it. I just watched this game since it was norway. But yes, women football is a joke. The best team in the country is my local team and I barely hear anything about it. They might get an article in the local newspaper if they win the league. I mean that says it all right there.

Why are the Scandinavians so good?

They have a view of society where women are encouraged to be able to pursue the same interests as men if they so wish rather then reinforcing gender roles for the two sexes when growing up.

• Like 1

Â