Match Thread

theboyangel

1-1!!!!!

Unlucky Ned....

Last kick of the match.

However - sounded like we totally bossed the second half and should have been out of sight

Edited by theboyangel

Apparently Bacuna ran the show, Bochum are the best team out of the three on the German tour so a draw was definitely on the cards following the last two matches, hopefully after a few more games we'll be ready.

Just got back from the game. Not the best performance ever. Westwood and delph didn't have their best of games. I was impressed by bacuna, sylla and also albrighton. The latter realy had a lively game and some decent crosses. Luna already seems to be a fans favourite

• Like 1

Can anyone tell me who played for us today please ?

First half: Guzan, Lowton, Clark, Herd, Luna, El Ahmadi, Westwood, Delph, Burke, Carruthers. Weimann,

Second half: Steer, Webb, Vlaar, Baker, Bennett, Bacuna, Sylla, Gardner, Helenius, Albrighton, Bowery.

I think we played some good stuff going forward. Lambert seems to be going for a very fluid style of football which is great to watch, I think we're hard to track when we're attacking, it's still a work in progress of course and our main problem is being caught out of position when we're defending.

Plus, as Lambert said, even with considerations of fitness and preparation, it is disappointing to not see a game out and we stood off far too much for their goal.

But I think it's been a good experience for the players to face three very organised teams. Also, the full-backs keep playing well which is a good sign and I liked Sylla playing keep ball against four Bochum players on the edge of our own box, living dangerously.

Edited by 8pints
  • Like 1

Â