AVTV: General chat

ciggiesnbeer

Genuinely think I'm going to put a proposal forward to the club regarding changes to it, so if anybody can or wants to help then let me know.

No. I like Jack Woodward, okay, he's not the best commentator but I really don't agree with all the abuse he gets.

AVTV just seems like its stuck in a timewarp from 2004 when it was launched (I think it was launched then, it may have been earlier). Jack Woodward hasnt changed since then, he's still the same Alan Partridge, still coming out with the same embarassing cliches.

Its in dire need of a revamp. It just seem like such an amateur operation. I've watched a couple of matches on there but always had the commentary off!

I wish there was any incentive to buy it but I am struggling to find one. And I don`t want to pay for stuff that comes off as cheesy and unfocused, that`s the stuff I avoid like the plague on tv. Add to the fact that its low content and bad quality and you got yourself a bad service. 

Of course, the are working on a low budget so it`s nothing personal, they should have much more at their disposal. Keeping people up to date on youtube and having some information videos, training stuff, youth academy and what not, people would love that and it would attract interest very fast. Actually, the budget itself doesn`t have to be big at all since they would be employed over there. Give them some decent equipment and people with knowledge on how to shoot and edit, and you would be set. Can`t be that big of an hassle to film stuff around the villa park, I am sure a lot of academy players would like to get their face out there to the public. IMO to much policies and how it would be conducted that stands in the way of such things. Shame really, I love at least the way man city are doing it now. Heck they could have some general interviews, like actors studio things where they explain where they come from, what got them into football and bla bla. I have a hard time wrapping my head around why stuff like this can be so complicated at times

What's not to like?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K9v7JTyJN7M&feature=c4-overview&list=UUICNP0mvtr0prFwGUQIABfQ

if that was satire, it'd be a classic. i mean if that was someone taking the piss out of club tv presenters I'd be rolling with laughter. As it is I'm going to have to get stitches in my thigh once I've pulled this biro out of it....

Even the video quality is awful, a couple of cheap DSLRs would be better and would only set us back about £800 minus lenses.

Its just very simple things that could be improved relatively cheaply, either we have a team of amateurs running it or they just can't be arsed.

Edited by samjp26

I think the stuff Man City produce for content is one of the best. If they only had some more behind the scenes stuff. Just something more than just interviews and highlights.

• Like 1

Yeah the Man City stuff is really good. The amount of free stuff Man City put on Youtube is great.

I subscribe to AVTV but really do wish they would improve the video quality of the content they put up.

Villa is a far more secretive institution under Lerner's stewardship than it ever was under Doug's. AVTV's output is constrained not only by budget, but also AV's policy of giving out the least information they can get away with.

Jack soldiers on in a situation where management appear to regard him as a necessary nuisance, and he does so with an undiminished sense of humour and a passion for all things Villa. Good on yer Jack! 

• Like 1

BHfVYCr.jpg

There it is!!!

Why does he have a dick for a hand? With some weird claw attached to it?

"Weird claw"  :lol:

I like Jack. He's been with the club for absolutely ages. He ultra cringey, but I'd rather have him than some dour Lawro-esque presenter. 

I think the stuff Man City produce for content is one of the best. If they only had some more behind the scenes stuff. Just something more than just interviews and highlights.

Yeah the Man City stuff is really good. The amount of free stuff Man City put on Youtube is great.

I subscribe to AVTV but really do wish they would improve the video quality of the content they put up.

Spot on, easily one of the best.

Shame we can't produce something similar, even on matchdays they have cameras "behind the scenes" on every game.. during HT, FT etc

Also whilst money plays a huge part I do genuinely think we can improve the service without the need to spend big.. adding something like what is stated above would improve it so much and the spend wouldn't be that much at all.

There is much much more AVTV could do but for whatever reason the service just isn't improving at all.

I'd argue that AVTV has actually got worse. When I first got it a few years ago, there was a goals archieve going back to the early 00s. I used to love reminiscing by watching those videos, but they got rid of it for some unknown reason when the site was re-vamped.

• Like 1

BHfVYCr.jpg

There it is!!!

Why does he have a dick for a hand? With some weird claw attached to it?

You have a lot to learn about 'toys'.

brilliant its a dildo. 

Obviously I haven't had the exposure, worryingly you guys have! ;) 

Jack Woodward is terrible. I do think with all due respect to him need someone who can provide better interviews and has some actual wit. There's a few times you can basically see Lambert thinking 'oh dear' as he asks a question. He's definitely annoying him during this Germany tour, Lambert keeps stressing it's about fitness and that they shouldn't worry about scoring goals and Jack goes and asks him right after saying it's great Weimann has scored, opening his account.

In regards to AVTV, I'm subscribed and honestly it sucks. Some money should be spent there to improve production values and actually provide us with more content. Someone also stated it's irritating that we don't have any old matches on there since the revamp :/

Maybe woodward sould go on some kind of course if such a thing exist to help him with the interview side of things, hes likeable but ultimately hes extremely cheesy and asks the shittest mundane questions you could ever think of. 

What's not to like?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K9v7JTyJN7M&feature=c4-overview&list=UUICNP0mvtr0prFwGUQIABfQ

:crylaugh: Is this what I'm missing out on not having a subscription?

Why are Villa fans watching Man City TV anyway?  :angry:  :wacko:

Â